JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Did you know, that the 2nd Amendment to provide citizens in America the right to bear arms was not the first law enacted.

Fun Fact :
There were actually 5 other sovereign states that were separate from the United States,
in fact most of the material that was used in the federalist papers prior to any designation of the 2nd Amendment came from already established rights in these other non-union states.

Fun Fact : Did you know found drafts of the 2nd Amendment actually spell clear the intent of the 2nd Amendment to not only grant a right, but to make it mandatory? Yes it was at first to require the people to be armed to protect the nation and from with in, it was removed only because they found forcing a person to own something was not constitutional. So it was written for the people to have the option, or as we know it the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

" People want us to remember slavery and other thing, but neglect the history that spells loud and clear the need of protection was so great that it was nearly mandatory to be armed. Far removed from today's argument that we should not be armed at all. DH"

Fun Fact,
did you know the FBI's founder Hoover, used the 2nd Amendment to allow the right of agents to carry firearm? It was states in FBI history being the People were citizens they had the right to buy and use their own firearms at work, later even tommy guns. Not until about 1938 years after established did funding and approval to be armed happened. Proof the 2nd Amendment applied not only ti modern firearms but at the time even automatic weapon based on the citizens right to be armed.

I have know this stuff for decades but thought ID share next time and Anti-gun throws up one of these now you have answers.

DH

Last Edited:
Do you have sources for this info? I don't doubt it, but I know people who will and it would be nice to have a source to throw at them.

The FBI history archives has this on firearms as well as mentioning when Hoover finally asked the over sight committee to pay for better arm the agents and if I recall the Tommy Gun was like 1928 I know it was before the hearing but don't recall the date so left it out..

The states are easy just search for states that had laws similar to the 2nd Amendment prior to that law, they are all southern areas that are now states.

The prior drafts again just search for prior drafts to the 2nd Amendment.

I wish I had those links, I just know this from studying when I was doing lobby work.

Most should be easy to find I had them on my website then when I moved to a new internet host I removed all the stats but I think maybe I should do some searching too If I get a chance I will look to find them again. But yes I get what you are saying nice to have that resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top