JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I sure didn't. I don't like most of his politics and I really don't like how as of lately he's trying his best to lean left and appeal to the liberals. They're never going to vote for him when they have a tried and true liberal they could vote for instead. Anyway, I thought it was important to tell you guys, cause I sure didn't know. Thankfully the NRA-ILA sent me a little packet with some info and some awesome decals that say "I'm a BITTER gun owner, & I VOTE". They also mentioned Merkley has an F- rating, but that's not much of a surprise. I'll type out the main portion of the letter so you guys can see what it said.

Gordon Smith:

• Earned an "A-" rating and endorsed by NRA-PVF for his pro-gun voting record.
  • Cosponsored the District of Columbia Personal Protection Act that would repeal the gun ban for law-abiding D.C. residents and restore their right of self-defense.
  • Signed the pro-gun congressional amicus brief in the Heller case supporting the Second Amendment as an individual right and striking down the gun ban in our nation's capital.
  • Cosponsored the National Right to Carry Reciprocity bill, which would extend federal protection of state right to carry permits and licenses across the country.
  • Voted for the Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act prohibiting gun confiscation during states of emergency as happened after Hurricane Katrina.
  • Cosponsored and voted for the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, ending bogus gun industry lawsuits that tried to bankrupt firearms manufacturers and dealers by holding them responsible for the acts of criminals.
Jeff Merkley:

• Earned an "F" rating by the NRA-PVF in 2006, 2004, 2002, and 2000 for his reelection to the state House of Representatives.
  • Opposed legislation in the state House to end bogus gun industry lawsuits that tried to bankrupt firearms manufacturers and dealers by holding them responsible for the acts of criminals.
  • Was one of only thirteen legislators to oppose legislation that specified public lands used for wildlife management must be accessible for hunting.
  • Refused to answer our 2008 federal candidate questionnaire -- often an indication of indifference, if not outright hostility, to the rights of gun owners and sportsmen.
  • Received and accepted thousands of dollars in campaign contributions from radical anti-hunting/animal rights groups like Humane USA Federal PAC.

Like I said, I found this information valuable so I wanted to pass it on. Now my wrists are tired from typing :s0114:

Good to know, I do not pay much attn: to local politics.. especially here I figured it was dominated by lefty loons.
I only support Smith because Merkley's attack ads are ridiculous....

I pay the most attention to local politics because it's easiest to influence the outcome of the elections.

Oregon's been hopeless since I was in high school. I did like Wayne Morse and Tom McCall.

You have to expect candidates trying to hang onto their seat to lean this way and that in order to attract the fence sitters. Smith isn't ideal by any means, but he's certainly better than Wyden on the things I am most concerned will be compromised.

I refuse to believe Oregon is hopeless, and I'll never give up ;)

You so funny!

Believe me, after this site gets up and running I've already purchased the domain northwestconservatives.com ;)

As long as you don't limit it to far-right ideologues. Oregon has a long tradition of moderation to rediscover.

I just consider Oregon hopeless so I stop getting headaches. I doubt I'd ever live anywhere else.

It's going to be open to everyone. I don't lean far right myself either. McCall did do a great job for Oregon :)

Tom McCall?? What, were you in school during the dinosaur ages? If so, go back and tell more of them to die - we need the oil. :s0114:

I like McCall - he did a lot for Oregon.
Hell, Morse spoke to my PolySci class. He was retired and didn't live much longer, white hair, but he walked in under his own power. I wish I could remember if I shook his hand. I do wish I'd been able to meet McCall. My kind of Republican. Along with TR. David Douglas Class of '73.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top