Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Did you know Gordon Smith has an NRA rating of A-?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Joe Link, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I sure didn't. I don't like most of his politics and I really don't like how as of lately he's trying his best to lean left and appeal to the liberals. They're never going to vote for him when they have a tried and true liberal they could vote for instead. Anyway, I thought it was important to tell you guys, cause I sure didn't know. Thankfully the NRA-ILA sent me a little packet with some info and some awesome decals that say "I'm a BITTER gun owner, & I VOTE". They also mentioned Merkley has an F- rating, but that's not much of a surprise. I'll type out the main portion of the letter so you guys can see what it said.

Like I said, I found this information valuable so I wanted to pass it on. Now my wrists are tired from typing :laugh:

2. sweetbeard

sweetbeard Beavertown OreGUN! New Member

Good to know, I do not pay much attn: to local politics.. especially here I figured it was dominated by lefty loons.
    I only support Smith because Merkley's attack ads are ridiculous....

3. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I pay the most attention to local politics because it's easiest to influence the outcome of the elections.

4. sweetbeard

Oregon is hopeless, just admit it!

5. markw76

markw76 Portland/Moscow on the Willamette Member

Oregon's been hopeless since I was in high school. I did like Wayne Morse and Tom McCall.

You have to expect candidates trying to hang onto their seat to lean this way and that in order to attract the fence sitters. Smith isn't ideal by any means, but he's certainly better than Wyden on the things I am most concerned will be compromised.

6. Joe Link

I refuse to believe Oregon is hopeless, and I'll never give up ;)

7. sweetbeard

You should probably start a website to get the word out about stuff you care about.. Start with guns

:laugh:

8. Joe Link

You so funny!

Believe me, after this site gets up and running I've already purchased the domain northwestconservatives.com ;)

9. markw76

As long as you don't limit it to far-right ideologues. Oregon has a long tradition of moderation to rediscover.

I just consider Oregon hopeless so I stop getting headaches. I doubt I'd ever live anywhere else.

10. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

Tom McCall?? What, were you in school during the dinosaur ages? If so, go back and tell more of them to die - we need the oil. :laugh:

I like McCall - he did a lot for Oregon.

11. Joe Link

It's going to be open to everyone. I don't lean far right myself either. McCall did do a great job for Oregon :)

12. markw76

Hell, Morse spoke to my PolySci class. He was retired and didn't live much longer, white hair, but he walked in under his own power. I wish I could remember if I shook his hand. I do wish I'd been able to meet McCall. My kind of Republican. Along with TR. David Douglas Class of '73.