Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Did you go shooting on Christmas Eve?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by orygun, Dec 25, 2011.

1. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Anyone else take time out yesterday to go shooting on what happened to be one of the nicest days to do that?
    My wife and I drove up to a quarry that we like to shoot at, just in time to see the whole group that had been there packing up and leaving. We had the place to our selves for a while before another group showed up to play.
    I had two new (to me) guns that I hadn't shot yet and got a chance to wring them out a little, besides shooting a couple of our 1911s. I could have stayed up there for quite a while, but had to leave to get on with the family and Christmas.

What a great day!

2. Wood Worker

Wood Worker Linn County Oregon Active Member

I am glad to hear that I was not the only one who went and made the most of the 45 degree weather.
    Yes, went and made a morning of it out at ARPC. only had time for 300 rounds of lead reloads in a new to me .380 I picked up.
    I wish that I had brought more guns with me, but my main goal was to shoot and clean in 21 round groups to check for functionality.
    I had plenty of fun and am thinking of when I can go again.

3. Stick

Stick Eugene Member

4. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

Went out with my son and some .22's.

5. aflineman

aflineman Both South of Eugene and East of Portland. Active Member

Went out grouse hunting. Did not see any, but I did chase a pop can around the gravel pit.

6. Key-Hay

Key-Hay North Carolina Active Member

Since we opened presents Yesterday, went out the day before to Beaverdam pit and blew up some Tannerite.

7. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

8. B-Towner

B-Towner Western Washington Member

In the afternoon I went with a buddy to an indoor range. It was pretty crowded! Fired off my Ruger GP100 and Buckmark. He had his Glock 17 and S&W 617. Fun!

9. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle Oregon Active Member

I went to JC with the Wife. Took the new Ruger LCR22 and the HK USP40. Shared the range but it was hardly a crowd :)

10. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Isn't great when your family shares your hobby?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
    mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  11. MikeE

MikeE Portland Well-Known Member

There's an LCR22? How do you like it?

12. HITMAN

HITMAN Vancouver Member

Took my daughters new boy friend ( who just turned 21 and never shot a gun before ) and my buddies son who 15 ( and his dad is in kuatt till may ) and met up with a group of buddies at the English pit in Vancouver. I got to shoot my new LC9 Also broke the new kid in on a 6lbs Tika T3 in 300 winmag 180SST. hahah he had the biggest eyes after that firs trigger pull. IS IS AFTER WE WORKED OUR WAY UP FROM 22,,, AND WARNED HIM. good day

13. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

The local shop just got one,but for $450,it's a little steep for a 22.Man is it light!

MikeE and (deleted member) like this.
  14. DemonRat

DemonRat warrenton, OR New Member

I went out to one of my shooting pits here on the coast and gave my wife her Christmas present early. I got her the Ruger LC9. She loved it. It has been the only hand gun that fits her hand and the only one she can get a proper grip on. She had a blast shooting oranges and apples at 10 yards. She had been wanting a Kel-Tec but I told her no. I just didn't feel good about those small hand guns and her carrying it in her purse.

15. gunfreak

gunfreak Boise Well-Known Member

Thats awesome man...

16. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle Oregon Active Member

Yep! Ruger announced em last Friday and I got on the list with a deposit at Gunbroker on Monday. Picked it up this Friday afternoon! Awesome little handgun. Virtually no recoil too :)

17. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Junction City Active Member

Both the daughters and my son blew through some .22. The boy is 8 and he is so pumped every time that it gets me all excited and makes me wanna......buy guns!

18. hammertime

hammertime Oregon Member

Yes, shot the bow with my son then when out with a Ruger Security Six, S&W 686, and a S&W 642. Fun shooting several different wheel guns. They all shot a little different. The Ruger sure is a nice shooting gun and 686 was real accurate. The 642 well lets just say its light and interesting to shoot but it did not compete real well with the big boy guns on 15 yard targets and at 30 it was really not in the ballpark. Probably just our inexperience with that small of a shooter and the sights were darn difficult to get on target and hit a can at 30 yards.

19. sneakboxer

sneakboxer NW OR Active Member

Yep, shot some beautiful mallards and pintails with the BPS! It was a great day to watch the sun rise over the islands.

20. FORKLIFT252

FORKLIFT252 Oregon Active Member

Taking the father and brother in-law today....
    their from Jersey. ....LOL! Their going to poop them selves
    when they see the AR and Saiga12...LOL!!!