JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not me. If I was going to get rid of my excess, I would do it now.

I know what you're saying though. Some people just love the game, the hunt for ammo. This time and last time, the guys I know who are the most active about hitting all the stores looking for stray boxes of 9mm or .22lr, are also the ones I can never talk into going to the range to shoot.

They enjoy the hunt for elusive, rare ammo, and love the feeling of having plenty of what everyone is looking for. Once the shelves are full again, they loose interest and just walk past piles of what they were previously desperately seeking, at prices lower than they previously paid. The magic is gone, and they don't want it anymore.

Don't get me wrong; that's not all of us by any means, but I am convinced that that's exactly how some people are.
Definitely see that. I don't buy 9mm around for this reason but mainly also it's because it's gone so pricy that I haven't found the time to shoot in awhile. (I seem to hit the send on this too soon) but the magic of .22 isn't lost on me. Neither is the. 410. I don't have a wide range of different calibers. So I only collect if it's a good deal now or it's a hunting caliber I have that might interest me. But since I'm not shooting as often I'm not buying so much. Just specifically one or two different sized calibers now.

Last Edited:
Yesterday, May 12th, the BIG BROWN truck brought me some CCI Velocitors right from CCI itself and bought from their web-site:

CRCZJZd.jpg

I didn't learn much of anything during those years not-so-long-ago when .22 rimfire ammunition was "unobtainable":

PWQqfmn.jpg

I have ALWAYS kept an ample supply on hand to support the enjoyment I have shooting .22 rimfire on my range out back:

SKbsOfM.jpg

When I can find it I'll buy it, but not from some scalper selling Remington Thunderbolt bricks for $100.00, seen recently at a local gunshow.

I think they may be American Eagle. Same weight, velocity, plated, etc.

CCI being labeled as Federal?? I dunno about that.
Apparently you also didn't know that CCI and Federal are under the very same umbrella of ownership, eh? So, it's gonna be perfectly feasible to see like .22 rimfire ammunition with either label on the outside here on out.

It seems as though ammo availability is starting to stabilize. Every now and then I pop into the Sportsman's Warehouse on 185th and check what they have available; the last few times I went they seem to always have some flavor of 22lr ammo (usually standard Aguila stuff or CCI).

It seems as though ammo availability is starting to stabilize. Every now and then I pop into the Sportsman's Warehouse on 185th and check what they have available; the last few times I went they seem to always have some flavor of 22lr ammo (usually standard Aguila stuff or CCI).
Mine had some but it was that Federal Punch stuff. Got it about a week ago. But you are right it is coming back to some measure. At some point the prices had to be a bit too high to buy things on a regular scale.

Back in the day, Remington used to be our go-to .22 rimfire ammunition. Seems as their machinery began to wear out, their product started to go south. This Remington .22 round was spanked four times, quite hard, until it made any noise:
ZmDlnBa.jpg
Now that they too are under new ownership, I hope they can get back on track as being a top notch .22 rimfire producer once again.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top