JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Y'all obviously didn't learn nuffin from the last progressive party sales event, eh...
I did, when it comes to .22 ammo. A couple years ago BiMart had a Black Friday sale on the Federal 1600 round packs. The limit was five packs (8,000 rounds), and after the rebate the cost was under two cents per round, as I recall. I bought what I could, and told several friends about it, but nobody was interested.

I figured that was enough for me for a VERY long time. I like to shoot .22lr, but I'm not a high volume shooter. Even then, I couldn't seem to pass up a good deal on 22 ammo, and often came home with a box or three whenever I happened to be in BiMart or Walmart. I don't know how much I have currently, but it's probably enough.

It is a little frustrating when you tell friends to stock up in times of plenty, and they're not interested. I guess it's like anything; you don't really feel it until you've lived through it. People who have had a fire are super diligent about fire extinguishers and smoke alarms, and those who have been robbed or burglarized are super diligent about security, but those who haven't experienced either are more likely to be lax.

I am not about to divulge how many rounds of ammo I have... we'll just call it, considerable. I purchased these when they were cheap and plentiful, over many years! Didn't hurt anyone.

I'm one of the minority of, "whiners" that did stock up. I just feel I have to be the voice of, "Silent America" and raise the BS flag.

I was also thinking the poster got 4 boxes of 50's or 100's... not half a brick - 1000 rounds! if you went back and, "rinsed & repeated", that is nearly half a case! That's a lot of "friends" to "gift".
Honestly, it doesn't matter. Basically you're just making it an issue since limits are imposed everywhere and I'm not interested in having Karens muck up the thread because they got strong opinions on what people should or should not be doing with ammo. I don't tell you what to do with your quarts of oil.

The opinion here should be based on what I asked which wasn't because many of us walk by ammo we don't have guns for and leave it for those who do. But mostly because of cost. I have my fair share in .223 and 5.56 but when boxes cost 13.99 for 20, next! I should remind you that if you're later implying others are doing the "wrong thing" based on your opinions, I'm hitting the report button because you'd be taking it further than this needs to. I thought finding .22 on shelves is cool, especially having not seen it for a while. It's a scavenger hunt. Making light of the situation instead of getting angry is my intention here.

A couple years ago BiMart had a Black Friday sale on the Federal 1600 round packs. The limit was five packs (8,000 rounds), and after the rebate the cost was under two cents per round, as I recall. I bought what I could, and told several friends about it, but nobody was interested.
Hey man... I got in on this too! Although, it appears I got ripped off! After rebate, I paid $48/1600 (3 cents/rnd)! I got a stack of 'em. They are surprisingly accurate, as well! I remember they brought out pallets of 'em and nobody was buying them! Idiots!

It is ludicrous that I could sell these for $300-$600 now!

20210509-165306.jpg

Hey man... I got in on this too! Although, it appears I got ripped off! After rebate, I paid $48/1600 (3 cents/rnd)! I got a stack of 'em. They are surprisingly accurate, as well! I remember they brought out pallets of 'em and nobody was buying them! Idiots!

View attachment 880437
I bought some of that stuff for 200. It's apparently Mini-mags in Federal casing.

I think they may be American Eagle. Same weight, velocity, plated, etc.
When thing die down l'll be getting more. I don't necessarily wish I bought more but once the catching up happens, this stuff will go back to being available again. I'm less worried because I didn't have a. 22 before. So I didn't understand how .22 could be such a hot commodity and I knew about the shortages before. Just hadn't had a firearm for it and things were pretty slow by the time it was 2010. Not many people were buying guns then.

I looked at the projectiles in my batch. It looks very similar to minimags. I could compare to other types of federal I have in my stockpile and find a similar one. It's interesting how Blazer looks a lot like some Remington Thunderbolts I've got. Suppose the companies inter-trade or deal with one another based on a surplus situation...? Being that you got yours for 48 bucks, they had to get rid of them somehow.

Glad ammo is being found more readily by more of us.
I've been using the FIFO inventory method and been trying to improve the quality of my holdings, mostly since my .22lr firearms seem to be getting finicky on brand/type...maybe need to clean them more often or better. ;)

I looked at the projectiles in my batch. It looks very similar to minimags. I could compare to other types of federal I have in my stockpile and find a similar one. It's interesting how Blazer looks a lot like some Remington Thunderbolts I've got. Suppose the companies inter-trade or deal with one another based on a surplus situation...? Being that you got yours for 48 bucks, they had to get rid of them somehow.
Don't know about ammo manufacturing from years ago, but Remington, Federal, Speer, & CCI are the same company currently. I would assume there will be overlap in materials and design of products for synergistic business reasons.

View attachment 880437
I think it was a Black Friday sale, and as I recall it was something like $30 after rebate. I never do Black Friday, as I'm not a fan of either crowds or shopping, but since BiMart is so close, I got up early that day and went down there.

I called several friends and coworkers and told them it was a great deal, but nobody wanted to bother, especially to shell out a couple hundred bucks on 22 ammo. And of course we all hate mail-in rebates (myself included).

It is great ammo. I remember reading on forums that people loved it, and compared it to MiniMags. I bought some of the later "Black-Pack" 1100 round bulk packs, and it's not the same ammo, not as good.

I do think that things will eventually settle down to one degree or another, and prices will decrease accordingly. If I was ambitious, I'd sell all the .22 ammo I own, and buy more later.

I didn't buy it to sell though; it wasn't an investment. I bought it to shoot.

It is great ammo. I remember reading on forums that people loved it, and compared it to MiniMags. I bought some of the later "Black-Pack" 1100 round bulk packs, and it's not the same ammo, not as good.

I do think that things will eventually settle down to one degree or another, and prices will decrease accordingly. If I was ambitious, I'd sell all the .22 ammo I own, and buy more later.

Funny though, more than several times it was mentioned that sales during this time, someone had amassed enough ammo to sell to create a small nest egg. I do believe they started cracking down on that...

I am not about to divulge how many rounds of ammo I have... we'll just call it, considerable. I purchased these when they were cheap and plentiful, over many years! Didn't hurt anyone.

I'm one of the minority of, "whiners" that did stock up. I just feel I have to be the voice of, "Silent America" and raise the BS flag.

I was also thinking the poster got 4 boxes of 50's or 100's... not half a brick - 1000 rounds! if you went back and, "rinsed & repeated", that is nearly half a case! That's a lot of "friends" to "gift".

Thank you.

Obviously some people can't understand plain English in this thread.

I am not a whiner but I call it as I see it with supply and demand even though I believe that there is a whole bunch more going on with companies, supply shortages due to various reasons, more BS laws, bans, etc.

My MT husband has a fair - good amount of RF ammunition too. He has enough in his reloading supplies too. I have enough for my old, handicapped body too.

And if a poster or a moderator does not want to read something, they should just SKIP through the thread. If a Moderator can't put someone on ignore... don't read it.

Many people stocked up slow but sure for a LONG time and some of us did from the late 90's or in early 2000's or whenever we GOT into shooting. RF, CF factory ammo and some people stocked up on reloading supplies.

There is no reason for some of you to be rude or call people KARENS because we posted about a supply chain and so forth.

Many of us have and always did HELP other people when there were fake/real 'shortages' going on and when NONE were going on when we shared or gifted ammunition.

But some of you can believe your own STUFF in your head or not.

Old Lady Cate
PS: Going back for more stock is NO different in a supply chain in one day's time then when the SAME EXACT PEOPLE HERE ON THIS FORUM CONSTANTLY COMPLAIN about some 'yahoo' reseller going into a STORE with all of his family members or buddies and cleaning out a store's stock.

IT is no different than when some people PREACH TO THE GUN PEOPLE about not stocking up. Well, no kidding, MOST gun people are ALREADY stocked UP and have enough STOCK ON HAND and always did especially if they shot a LOT.

One or more men on here say it constantly about those GUN PEOPLE being stupid or not learning. Do I think that they were DENSE by not having a bare minimum level in some stock? YES, but it depends on their SHOOTING HABITS and it depends if THAT PERSON could or could not PLAN AHEAD and buy slow but sure and have stock on hand for one year or more if that man had kids and a wife who shot a lot too. Plus if he could or CHOSE to buy a case at a time.

I am talking about NEWBIES in the shooting world or some single man or a family who could not afford to stock up as many of us HAVE DONE and ALWAYS DID DO.

But I can see PLAINLY how if a lady (Or a gentleman.) speaks up on here about a simple thing - some posters just want to PILE IT ON that person when the POSTER TALKS ABOUT a supply chain and helping Newbies or SOME other people who were not able to stock up (NOT us - we had and still have stock.) over time.

But just keep piling it on - GUN PEOPLE eat their own. And there is NOTHING wrong with helping a friend or friends if some of you bothered to READ what was said. Been there - done that.

Take off your blinders about what has been going on and what SO MANY people have complained about ALL OVER THIS FORUM over and over again when it comes to STOCK IN A STORE.

I am sure this will get shut down or someone will get a slap for speaking plainly about supply chains and so forth.

And I meant NO offense with my TOO LONG FOR SOME PEOPLE explanations in my 2 previous responses. I said it and I meant it. NO offense.

Last Edited:
I think it was a Black Friday sale, and as I recall it was something like $30 after rebate. I never do Black Friday, as I'm not a fan of either crowds or shopping, but since BiMart is so close, I got up early that day and went down there.

I called several friends and coworkers and told them it was a great deal, but nobody wanted to bother, especially to shell out a couple hundred bucks on 22 ammo. And of course we all hate mail-in rebates (myself included).

Yes, the mail in rebates are always a pain! However, in this case (pun intended), I feel it was really worth it, plus Federal allowed you to send in all of them in the same envelope.

I believe mine were a Black Friday sale too. I got up early, went in to claim mine thinking there was going to be a big run on them. There was me and one other guy who picked 'em up! We both smiled at each other, as we filled our cart! These things sat on pallets for over a month... past Christmas, with no takers. One day I went in and they were all gone. I asked the guy I knew, behind the counter and he told me they weren't selling so they sent them back!!

Yes, the mail in rebates are always a pain! However, in this case (pun intended), I feel it was really worth it, plus Federal allowed you to send in all of them in the same envelope.

I believe mine were a Black Friday sale too. I got up early, went in to claim mine thinking there was going to be a big run on them. There was me and one other guy who picked 'em up! We both smiled at each other, as we filled our cart! These things sat on pallets for over a month... past Christmas, with no takers. One day I went in and they were all gone. I asked the guy I knew, behind the counter and he told me they weren't selling so they sent them back!!
I bet now that some gun shops are gonna be finding some storage space for next time they have something happen like now. Millions of new gun owners are gonna want to give bulk .22 out for Xmas. I know I will want to.

By xmas '21 there very well may be a lot of people looking to get rid of 22lr....
Not me. If I was going to get rid of my excess, I would do it now.

I know what you're saying though. Some people just love the game, the hunt for ammo. This time and last time, the guys I know who are the most active about hitting all the stores looking for stray boxes of 9mm or .22lr, are also the ones I can never talk into going to the range to shoot.

They enjoy the hunt for elusive, rare ammo, and love the feeling of having plenty of what everyone is looking for. Once the shelves are full again, they loose interest and just walk past piles of what they were previously desperately seeking, at prices lower than they previously paid. The magic is gone, and they don't want it anymore.

Don't get me wrong; that's not all of us by any means, but I am convinced that that's exactly how some people are.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top