JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Scored 1000 rounds from CCIs website the other day. They had velociters and quiet in stock with 10 box limits per type.
I picked up 500 rounds of Velocitors myself. Keep checking the Federal and CCI web sites to see what's in stock. If they have anything available, it's usually posted early in the morning. Don't forget the Blazer section of the CCI site.

I picked up 500 rounds of Velocitors myself. Keep checking the Federal and CCI web sites to see what's in stock. If they have anything available, it's usually posted early in the morning. Don't forget the Blazer section of the CCI site.
Apparently they had standard velocity in stock earlier that day. I missed that boat. That stuff is my favorite.

I had my wife's nephew over earlier in the week for a couple hands on sessions of rifle and pistol reloading. Also took him to my club's range for a rifle session, followed by a handgun session. He had never fired a revolver before! The most fun for me was his S&W M&P .22 Compact with suppressor mounted. It was amazing, the bullet striking the steel gong made more noise than the report of the round being fired, especially with CCI Standard Velocity ammo. Since I already own the same .22 pistol with threaded barrel, I guess I am just a few hundred dollars and months waiting for the tax stamp to have my own. Might even have to swap out one of my other rifles to acquire a rimfire rifle with a threaded barrel.
Oh, and I have an ample supply of .22 LR ammo, but still buy whenever I find it at a decent price, which hopefully will happen more often in the coming months.

Y'all obviously didn't learn nuffin from the last progressive party sales event, eh...

View attachment 879557
Eh I wouldn't say it was so bad. Only a couple of my deals with buying .22 were "expensive". Only sold some ammo because others needed it and they were willing to pay for a hurry-up buy. Basically bought back what was sold and then a little bit more. I'm not interested in selling any ammo in a large quantity unless things really took a turn and I'd have to ditch it of a last resort. That chance is extremely unlikely.

**edit: don't get me wrong I bought .22 at the beginning of this whole thing. It wasn't going as fast as handgun calibers and .223 just yet. Also I had just got back into firearms. I bought a couple rifles and a mossberg shotgun 10 years ago and then interest went to fishing. My .22 was having issues with firing the ammo I had so I was leery on buying it until I found a Henry. That thing shoots just about anything... anyways the back story is just worthy of putting in that I'm still learning. Been a year and it's been good.

Last Edited:
One of the many reasons why I like .22LR single shot bolt action rifles is that they , as a general rule will load , fire and extract / eject any .22LR ammunition.
Just something consider when we have a shortage of .22LR ammo on the shelves...and you need ammo.

And while I did not get .22 ammo today...I did get some in the recent past , and did not have to worry if it will work in my rifle.
Andy

I have little to no idea how old some of mine is, although most is less than 2 years old. I'm pretty comfortable saying I've never paid more than 9 cents a pop for 22lr and I have no plans to do so in the near future. Hopefully the panic prices will subside sooner than later.

Nope. Didn't buy any. But curiosity got the better of me and I shot a couple magazines of the wife's space gun over in a forested area I am clearing for storage. It ran. Which is good because it is a really rare variant of a pretty rare pistol.

I have little to no idea how old some of mine is, although most is less than 2 years old. I'm pretty comfortable saying I've never paid more than 9 cents a pop for 22lr and I have no plans to do so in the near future. Hopefully the panic prices will subside sooner than later.
I am not sure exactly how old some of my .22 ammo is, but some of the CCI MiniMag was priced at $9.95 per brick and the brick of Remington Golden bullet hollow points I gave to a friend had $11.99 on it. And that was back when they were pretty decent!

I haven't seen anything but shot shells on the store shelves in about 8 months. Lucky I laid in DEEP when prices were sub nickle/rd territory, I haven't participated one bit to this current insanity. In fact I've given and sold at reasonable prices more than I've purchased.

Believe it or not, I happened to take a side trip to the local Walmart here in Coos Bay after dropping the daughter off at school this morning. Wandered over to the sporting goods section and they had .22LR. Kid at the counter "let me" purchase 4 boxes. 😳 I don't even personally own a .22 any longer, but I picked them up anyway and gave them to friends I know that do. Price was very reasonable. I'll be stopping after work today to see if they will "let me" purchase a few more if they still happen to have any.

Pardon me, but this seems like the worst case scenario of hoarding/panic, adding to the problem, prolonging the shortage, etc., etc.!

You actually purchased ammo that you don't even have guns for and are planning on going back and getting more!

Pardon me, but this seems like the worst case scenario of hoarding/panic, adding to the problem, prolonging the shortage, etc., etc.!

You actually purchased ammo that you don't even have guns for and are planning on going back and getting more!
...you missed the portion where he stated he gifted them to friends.

Doing such has removed said friends from buying up. So has helped the supply chain, more likely than hindered it.

Doing such has removed said friends from buying up. So has helped the supply chain, more likely than hindered it.
I know that you did not reply to me but to the other man on here, Mr. Twenty Two, with this reply above.

But here goes with my opinion and I know what people say about 'opinions'. We all have them and so forth.

And I mean NO offense to you or any other poster here when I state my opinion.

Actually, I did see that, what you wrote, in that specific post in your reply to Mr. Twenty Two. I did LIKE Mr. Twenty Two's comment too.

~~~

QUOTE:

"Believe it or not, I happened to take a side trip to the local Walmart here in Coos Bay after dropping the daughter off at school this morning. Wandered over to the sporting goods section and they had .22LR. Kid at the counter "let me" purchase 4 boxes. 😳 I don't even personally own a .22 any longer, but I picked them up anyway and gave them to friends I know that do. Price was very reasonable. I'll be stopping after work today to see if they will "let me" purchase a few more if they still happen to have any."

~~~

I can see helping friends with GIFTS and/or SELLING AT COST or dang near COST.

Been there - done that myself and so has my husband MANY, many times especially when we downsized and consolidated firearm calibers.

And we did it a LOT even when we were high volume shooters over the years too.

We are NO longer high volume shooters but my husband still shoots his RF and CF firearms on a regular basis using LESS rounds per session. He still reloads too. Since the EARLY 70's.

I believe that if the poster was helping his friend or friends with 22lr - okay in specific circumstances.

But with shortages ALL over the place in ALL states... going back for MORE ammunition on the same day where there are limits (Or no limits.) makes it MUCH HARDER for people who did not get a chance to buy 1 or 2 boxes of ANY TYPE of ammunition in any caliber.

So that does HURT other people.

At our Walmart, you are allowed ONE as in 1 BOX of ammunition TOTAL. So if you wanted to get 2 boxes of ammo in 2 different calibers... NO WAY!

ONE BOX and you would be lucky to even FIND 22lr at all worse off some other caliber at ANY TIME of day. That is how it has been going even with shotgun shells. We do not own a shotgun. He sold his and I never bought one. I am USING THIS as an example here now.

My husband was at one Walmart store for his magazine and a couple of items. We shop at our new Winco, at Costco and at another local store too.

He looks to see what IS going on in various stores GUN and AMMO WISE even if he does not buy an item.

They did have a FEW boxes of 22lr there @ Walmart and he almost fell over seeing it. He did NOT buy any because we do NOT need it or WANT it.

We let other people GET some especially if they have been hunting all over for 1.5 years as NEWBIES or as a single person or as a family with a strict BUDGET where they could not plan ahead for a year or so.

Even if they only bought a box or two boxes (Sometimes.) of 22lr as I USED TO DO when I planned my budget and RF stock one year at a time. Especially when I went to shooting ALL RF and as a retired lady. (Plus as a widow.)

I never bought ammo online in cases or in a case. I support my LOCAL stores. I am NOT knocking people who buy online or in cases when I say this too.

Plus I do know of people, NOT us, who buy ammo that they do NOT have a firearm caliber for just to buy it and HOARD it or SELL it at super high prices.

I am NOT saying that the BUYER of that 22lr ammo is like those people ABOVE when I state this too. So I hope that NO person takes offense.

There is a difference between planning ahead in my opinion versus 'hoarding' as some posters TALK about too.

Another thing, if a person does NOT need or want what they have on hand, SHOOTS FAR LESS due to age or a disability, gets OUT of a caliber where they do not need or need as MUCH in ANY specific caliber in FACTORY ammo or in reloading stock... I am a firm believer in PASSING IT ON.

Pass it on to someone who can USE IT, shoot it, share it, etc.

So that is how I see it and if the man could help a friend or a couple of them... okay but don't HOG IT ALL and give other people a chance to buy some too.

My husband got out of some RN ammo. I gave him my stock. He wants to get back into more RF HP ammo. So he passed it on since we were not shooting it - good stock, clean, properly stored, fresher and NOT bought during CRAZY times.

Every person benefitted from us passing it on. Especially during these CRAZY times.

Me?

I have 1,000 rounds in 22lr and 1,000 rounds in 22wmr for my stock. I do NOT need or plan to use MY STOCK especially since my neck, back and hands are getting WORSE. It has been a H of a week for me too. I had gone DOWN to 1,000 rounds each for my 2 rifles recently too.

I am KEEPING 100 rounds of 22lr and 100 rounds of 22wmr for MYSELF and I am giving the other rounds to my husband to shoot.

I doubt if I will need 100 rounds of x or 100 rounds of z for my self defense shooting.

If it is that BAD - well - I will not GO there now. LOL

And NO offense to you or any other person here again. Thank you.

Old Lady Cate

PS:

So if the man who bought it OR if the friend or friends bought it without the one man's help - it still is the same thing when it comes to the SUPPLY CHAIN.

IT is the same amount coming out of the SAME SUPPLY CHAIN.

Plus if he went back for MORE 22lr ammo in the same day... it still HURT other buyers in having a chance to buy some 22lr ammunition.

NO offense to any person or to you too.

Cate

First let me apologize to anyone I may have offended, irritated, or angered with my earlier posting on this thread. That certainly wasn't and isn't my intention. It is true that I purchased 4 boxes 22LR (of 250 rounds each) without being the owner of said caliber. My intention in doing so was to give friends I know with that caliber a hand in getting ahold of some ammo. Like many of us, they've had a hard time finding any available. I didn't see any harm in helping friends out when I did this, and I still don't now. I try to help my friends and fellow gun owners out when I'm able to, as I expect many of them do for me and others as well. My intention wasn't to hoard or resell or screw anyone else out of a chance to purchase any themselves. Honestly was simply trying to pass my find on to others in need when the opportunity presented itself. Again, I truly apologize if this act offended anyone.

Last Edited:
That's my fear but its not probable of going up as today's gouging..now the separation of prices is the difference between today's ammo and quality ammo (LaPua and Eley) is that at least that ammo is priced that as a normal basis anyway. Plinking ammo like your Winchester or Federal is that price you state may get to that but explaining that is the same way how a brick of .22 was 5 bucks and then people got mad when it was raised to 8-10. Expenses are inevitable. How much it was in the yesteryear is relative as the minimum wage continues to rise and so does the cost of living.

First let me apologize to anyone I may have offended, irritated, or angered with my earlier posting on this thread. That certainly wasn't and isn't my intention. It is true that I purchased 4 boxes 22LR (of 250 rounds each) without being the owner of said caliber. My intention in doing so was to give friends I know with that caliber a hand in getting ahold of some ammo. Like many of us, they've had a hard time finding any available. I didn't see any harm in helping friends out when I did this, and I still don't now. I try to help my friends and fellow gun owners out when I'm able to, as I expect many of them do for me and others as well. My intention wasn't to hoard or resell or screw anyone else out of a chance to purchase any themselves. Honestly was simply trying to pass my find on to others in need when the opportunity presented itself. Again, I truly apologize if this act offended anyone.
I was going to respond to you in your earlier postings, then this thread has run a ways more than I thought it would. Also,you should not have to apologize to anyone's disgruntled grumblings for doing anything especially for your friends. Ammo is ammo, If people are really angry about it, they should be angry about the fact that online companies and some folks here on purpose use Ammoseek to gauge a price when it's merely gouging since the market assumes people are willing to pay that much and sadly they are! Last time I saw .22LR for so high online it was nearly 200 for a 500 pack. That wouldn't be including the shipping. A 500 count that would regularly be $15-20 ish.

You did something for your friends, that would count for something. Don't apologize for being an awesome friend. I got some ammo for someone recently whos son who has a .243 and is getting into hunting. Didn't inflate a single price for them at all. It just becomes common courtesy at that point since I wanna get my daughter hunting as well.

Never apologize for wanting to help a friend, I do the same thing, good on you.The ammo is on the shelf and for sale so why not buy it, someone is going to may as well help a friend out. The only ones whining are the ones who didnt stock up after having been in this same situation at least four times in the last 20 years. Long winded drivel filled whining posts irritate those of us who have actually learned from the past. Sooner or later the supply will saturate the shooters needs and start backing up on the shelves and prices will level back down, happens everytime. Maybe some will learn/retain this and stock up before the next panic comes along, but I doubt it.........they'll be back to whining again, rinse and repeat.

I am not about to divulge how many rounds of ammo I have... we'll just call it, considerable. I purchased these when they were cheap and plentiful, over many years! Didn't hurt anyone.

I'm one of the minority of, "whiners" that did stock up. I just feel I have to be the voice of, "Silent America" and raise the BS flag.

I was also thinking the poster got 4 boxes of 50's or 100's... not half a brick - 1000 rounds! if you went back and, "rinsed & repeated", that is nearly half a case! That's a lot of "friends" to "gift".

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top