JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Did you ever notice, wherever you go for firearms related purchases they always want your phone # . Whether it be magazines or scopes, they are logging what you have purchased.
Easy for them to tell someone you bought 10 high capacity fully semiautomatic magazines last year. Here's his name and address Governor.

Just food for thought !!!

The one I really hate is asking for my Drivers Licence! They can look at my age, but I will not hand it to them or let them scan it! They always get pissy when they see my address is a protected address, and tell me it's no good now! Worse when they demand alternate photo I.D. and I show them my other which also has a protected address! We usually part ways at that point, as I'm not going to 'Spain it to them!:eek:

I've been scammed twice by a company that has my SS number and everything else. Nothing is safe anymore.

Did you ever notice, wherever you go for firearms related purchases they always want your phone # . Whether it be magazines or scopes, they are logging what you have purchased.
Easy for them to tell someone you bought 10 high capacity fully semiautomatic magazines last year. Here's his name and address Governor.

There's a solution to this, just transpose some of the digits...

I bought some sporting goods unrelated to shooting today. The cashier asked if I'd shopped at that store before. I said no. He said can I get your first and last name. I said no again. Well, I was more polite than that, but whatever. He had no problem with that and actually took another 5 minutes to answer some more questions.

Probably far too late to worry now, they have been watching since the 1990s. Enjoy yourself in life and don't worry but quit feeding the beast your information. It only has what you gave them.:D

I bought some sporting goods unrelated to shooting today. The cashier asked if I'd shopped at that store before. I said no. He said can I get your first and last name. I said no again. Well, I was more polite than that, but whatever. He had no problem with that and actually took another 5 minutes to answer some more questions.
Same thing with all the bubbleguming haircut places now. They all want your name and phone number. They say so that they can notate how your hair was cut so t be more efficient on future visits. What cr@p. I give them a fake name and number each time. I swear, one of these days I'm going to buy a flowbee.

I don't recall that happening to me. Maybe they already have it on file. Most of my purchases are in Washington county.

(503) 328-7448 (503.eat-sh!t)

Address:
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
XXX, OR 97000 ;)

Radio Shack Guy: "I need to put your name in the computer for this purchase."

Me: "Cash. Johnny Cash."

He stopped typing and looked flummoxed.

Me: (pulling out actual paper currency) "You guys still take money here, right?"

Last Edited:

I tell them no thanks, they don't need my number for marketing purposes.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews