JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Crazy. No deadbolt.

Don't trust a deadbolt to withstand a strong kick! I once had to break into my own house and shattered the whole door jamb, literally splitting it end to end and taking the interior molding with it! And the brass plated thin metal lock strike TORE open, in spite of being anchored with three-inch #10 screws. Use at the least a mighty strong steel lockstrike socket and plate, anchored with deep, strong screws into the framing........................elsullo

Ok, my sarcasm was mistaken.

I understand a deadbolt does jack. Even a 150lb person can bust through those with a good solid kick.

I wonder if they had the wrong house or if it was that house that had the drugs?

I wonder if they had the wrong house or if it was that house that had the drugs?

It's been my experience that most of the folks targeted for this sort of thing are to some degree involved in drug trafficking themselves, either as buyers or sellers. Or both. Not a hundred percent, but most. Something had to give the suspects reason to think drugs would be in that particular house.

A metal door with a deadbolt does pretty well. Not perfect but better than a wooden door. I had to install these before the insurance company would insure my guns--even with a Browning gun safe for crying out loud. Of course the 3 BIG Czech Shepherd security dogs frothing at the mouth in the front window will also make an intruder stop and think. Gives me at least enough time to fetch my 9 shot FN SLP semi auto 12 guage.......just in case the dogs leave anything that is still a threat. We had cops show up one night and they rang the doorbell and then stood back about 40 feet when my wife answered the door. Zeppelin is the biggest, weighing in at 100 lbs and he is still only 18 months old. The vet says he will hit 130# at maturity. He is jet black and at night the only thing you can see is his pearly white teeth and by then its WAY too late. We live way out in the middle of nowhere and police response is slow at best, but we sleep very well thank you. Our experience has been when people see a dog like that that is completely under the voice or hand signal command of the owner, those dogs get plenty of respect. Had a delivery guy show up just the other day and when one of the females started to go after him my wife gave her commands to be quiet, lay down, and watch the guy and that is exactly what the dog did. I am sure the delivery guy was wondering what else that dog could do if my wife gave the word.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews