JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Personally..... give a man a fish, and he will always ask you for more. Teach a man to fish, and let him do the leg-work to feed himself. :D

Maybe it's time you teach your family to be more "internet savvy"?

Let them find out for themselves what procrastination costs. ;)
Not true, I gave a bum $1 and when I checked back up on him a year later he had grown that $1 into $1,000,000.

lool

I've been buying ammo online for decent (for these days obviously) prices in the last few weeks:

$.20 CPR for Herter's 9mm 115 from Bass Pro (two cases of 500).
$.24 CPR for Winchester 9mm 115 from Bass Pro (one case of 500).
$.24 CPR for Winchester 9mm 115 from Optics Planet (five boxes of 200).
$.28 CPR for Federal Syntech 9mm 150 from Brownells (one case of 500).
$.37 CPR for PMC X-Tac 5.56x45mm from Buds (15 boxes of 20).
A few 9mm/5.56 1000 case orders from Sportsman's Guide on back order (not holding out for anything, but the CPR's are good)

I use a combination of ammo seek, email notifications, and r/gundeals. Bass pro goes in stock a few times a day, but sells out in minutes. I've lost a few orders while I'm checking out. I've also had some orders go through, only to be cancelled later. You have to be really quick and patient.

Ive paid .60-.70 per round for 300 BO in the past, reasonable at the time.

Yep Now I pounce on it at $0.78/round

LOL, With all the buying I've done in the slow times, I look like a genius every 4 years...:D
Yep Who new compulsive ammo buying over the years would transform from mental disorder to genius
I went from being a nut to being a visionary!:D

I bought a bunch of 40 around christmas time and was going to buy 9mm too but had about a case. Started shooting my czs in 9mm and burned through that then covid hit. Hoping 9mm comes back down soonish or i locate a trade. I will try bass pro again. Thanks for the thread, hope you all find what you are after

Bass Pro advertises all sorts of ammo but when you order it then you find out it's not in stock. I ordered some buckshot from them. The order was accepted and my card charged. About an hour later I received an email saying it was back ordered. I ended up canceling the order.

9mm has been my Achilles heel. My handgun skills suck, which makes it 75% of my range focus, which in terms uses up my ammo. I've been lucky to score some stuff off the classifieds here and from NW Armory. I'll check their online site, buy what I can and mark it for pick-up. I'll grab .223/5.56 whenever I see it, but when this whole pandamnit happened I set aside a lot of the supply and have a certain can for training. As for 7.62, the commie stuff is plentiful, plus I loaded earlier this year pre-COVID so I'm good.

I buy the ammo for myself and my kids. I have what I consider is a bare minimum.

I can remember when 9x19 was what? 19 cents per round? Was that last year? Or am I mistaken.

Now it is double that - for FMJ no less.

So I am pretty much thru buying ammo unless I come across a decent price (like the Federal .45 ACP JHP for 45¢/rd deal, or the 70¢/rd deal on .308 soft point). I will wait for the prices to return to "normal".
I picked up some cheapy tula for I think either .06 or .09. I bought a lot at 13 cents a round in reloadable brass cases. And by a lot, I mean I am not worried about 9mm for some years And that is without selling the sten.

I ran across a couple places that had cases of European .32 at a good price. I forget how many I have coming. Mostly I am just buying projectiles and primers at this point.

Bass Pro advertises all sorts of ammo but when you order it then you find out it's not in stock.
I had that experience trying to buy one of those MTM ammo crates with individual boxes inside for storing reloads. They were at the time, the only ones I could find on line with the crates in stock, so I ordered one... then got the e-mail that they didn't actually have any, and if I wanted to cancel, I had to call. Kind of annoying, but after a couple of months, it self cancelled and they stopped sending me e-mails. ( at bass-pro)

Have enough pistol, rifle and shotgun ammo to last me several years - IF the three oldest grandkids stay home.;)

Last time I took them out, they each got 100 rounds of 9mm, 60 rounds of .223 and 20 rounds of .308. I told them to pick up the brass and make every shot count. Of course, this wasn't their first rodeo, so the three of them burned through 1000+ rounds of .22lr and 150 rounds of .22wmr before lunch so they could save their allotment for the afternoon. Unless something dramatic happens, the two youngest grandkids are going to be stuck with BB guns and Airsoft for the rest of their lives. :rolleyes:

Edit: haven't bought manufactured ammo [9mm] since early March. But I continue purchasing bullets and powder, when it's what I want at a reasonable price, as I have plenty of brass and primers. The wife and I helped some friends with the first round of stimulus checks, but if Congress is crazy enough to send me more ... then a new shotgun and some gunsmith work on a pistol is in sight.:)

Last Edited:
Same thing happened today with me for Basspro :oops:

I was able to "buy" 2000 rounds, fully checkout, charge my card... even got an email saying it was "in process". Then it switched to cancelled today. I called and waited for about 30 mins on hold, which honestly, wasn't as bad as I expected.

The rep said he'd fix it right away and started building the order back up when suddenly... "Oh no! It looks like we actually don't have any in stock. The website has been doing that for several months now, I'm so sorry."

Bummer. This is of course after I sold a bunch of 9mm to fund a gun build (and my friends all said they didn't need any)... and now everyone needs some.

I did have some 5.56 actually show up though! I paid a bit over 40 cents a round, but its 5.56 M193, and if 5.56 goes the way of 9mm, we' might be seeing 75 cents a round soon

Hey! I picked up a couple boxes of 10MM JHP's at my favorite BiMart!
Thursday is supposed to be their ammo restock day but they had zippo when I got there at 11.I guess the ammo could have been swooped on by earlybirds or else all they got in was the 10MMs No 9, 38, 40, 45, or 5.56
They still have tons of .17HMR though.

Is everything marked M193 Nato held to the same specs?

Specs are set.

But......sometimes there are bad batches that get sold as surplus because of "problems". Does that mean you'll get only the cream? Then, quality matters too. It might be M193 but do you trust that particular ammo manufacturer?

As an example....
Even though it may be SS109/M855 NATO spec ammo. Well....IIRC, even the US military will NOT allow certain NATO spec ammo from certain countries to be used.

Aloha, Mark

I've been buying ammo online for decent (for these days obviously) prices in the last few weeks:

$.20 CPR for Herter's 9mm 115 from Bass Pro (two cases of 500).
$.24 CPR for Winchester 9mm 115 from Bass Pro (one case of 500).
$.24 CPR for Winchester 9mm 115 from Optics Planet (five boxes of 200).
$.28 CPR for Federal Syntech 9mm 150 from Brownells (one case of 500).
$.37 CPR for PMC X-Tac 5.56x45mm from Buds (15 boxes of 20).
A few 9mm/5.56 1000 case orders from Sportsman's Guide on back order (not holding out for anything, but the CPR's are good)

I use a combination of ammo seek, email notifications, and r/gundeals. Bass pro goes in stock a few times a day, but sells out in minutes. I've lost a few orders while I'm checking out. I've also had some orders go through, only to be cancelled later. You have to be really quick and patient.

Been doing basically the same with the same results (r/gundeals has been putting a hurt on the old wallet the last few months).

Picked up 2k of the Herter's 9mm for 20cpr in the last couple weeks by riding the refresh button at odd hours. Sportsman's Guide cancelled my other back orders though of .223.

Specs are set.

But......sometimes there are bad batches that get sold as surplus because of "problems". Does that mean you'll get only the cream? Then, quality matters too. It might be M193 but do you trust that particular ammo manufacturer?

As an example....
Even though it may be SS109/M855 NATO spec ammo. Well....IIRC, even the US military will NOT allow certain NATO spec ammo from certain countries to be used.

Aloha, Mark

Yup.

Then there are some manufacturers which seem consistently better, as well as some lots from some manufacturers.

CBC/Magtech had some very nice lots for a while. Along with some crap shoot ones.

PPU/Priv Partisan seems to be decent & consistent.

German "MEN" are pretty decent.

IMI are normally good as well.

Although NOT M193, Taiwanese Wolf Gold brass case .223 have all been decent. Of the ones we've run.

Edit: haven't bought manufactured ammo [9mm] since early March. But I continue purchasing bullets and powder, when it's what I want at a reasonable price, as I have plenty of brass and primers. The wife and I helped some friends with the first round of stimulus checks, but if Congress is crazy enough to send me more ... then a new shotgun and some gunsmith work on a pistol is in sight.:)

Another stim check is a given - will be close to what they did last time. Probably by next month. When and what they decide on UI benefits is the question. Probably something between $400-600 to the end of the year.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top