JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been trying to help the non internet savvy members of my family in hunting down 9mm and 5.56 (of course, after the passed on the ammo I was finding 2 months ago, saying it was too expensive)

Then a buddy calls me and asks me to add 300 BO to my hunt. I've never bought it in my life, so I'm in the dark at to what "normal" prices are, other than trying to look up old bimart ads!

For 5.56, I was "happy" to find 2000 rounds for one friend at 44 cents per round today, I'd give it a 50/50 shot at being cancelled before shipping.

Yesterday I had found brass 9mm for 32 cents, but my order status changed to cancelled today.

I coded a little bot that helps, but I mainly am just refreshing a few sites that seem to consistently add a few thousand rounds a day at high, but not peak, pricing.

Anyone doing similar for friends / family?

I've bought a couple thousand rounds of 9mm in the past 2 months. About $0.25 cpr. Was stalking so many websites. Seems the avg is $0.35 for cheap inexpensive target ammo, if you're lucky. Or $0.40 pretty consistently. Just bought 2000 more at $0.20 cpr, we'll see if I actually get it or not.

I buy the ammo for myself and my kids. I have what I consider is a bare minimum.

I can remember when 9x19 was what? 19 cents per round? Was that last year? Or am I mistaken.

Now it is double that - for FMJ no less.

So I am pretty much thru buying ammo unless I come across a decent price (like the Federal .45 ACP JHP for 45¢/rd deal, or the 70¢/rd deal on .308 soft point). I will wait for the prices to return to "normal".

My first purchase at Target Sports was August of last year. I paid $87.31 for 500rnds 9mm American Eagle.

Wish I would have bought more.

I'm keeping an eye out best as I can, but it's been difficult.

You say you coded a bot...python?

Easiest site available for the non-programmer to use is ammoseek. IMO.

Allows simple/easy adjustment, gr case type etc.

Doesn't grab all pricing, but enough to give a general idea on going rates. Also doesn't include shipping costs, but notes a range or if free option.

Been using it for a long while, particularly when the market gets wonky. As in now, just to keep aware.

Thankfully don't have any wants or needs.

I did extremely well on my "business trip" to Oregon- picked up my AR I lent to a friend(already sold), 2000 rds. of Wold Gold 55 gr. .223, 250 rds of 9mm, 200 rds of 7.62x39, 200 rds. of .40 S&W, and found a Aero M4E1 upper at a local gun shop and a CT-R stock for my 14.5" 5.56 build. I also found time to go shoot with a buddy too.

Geno

P.S. I forgot about the 500 rds. of 140 gr. Sellier and Bellot 6.5 Creedmoor. :D

Last Edited:
When people were buying TP, I was buying ammo lol. I keep it locked up and safe. Not worried about theft, but I am more concerned about a house fire etc. so I keep it locked away and protected. Having said that, I have no more room for ammo..... I know, I never thought I'd say that lol... but I digress.

I have however sold a few thousand rounds to friends in need. I did not make a profit, they are friends... I sold for what I paid for the ammo. I took the money I made and purchased precious metals with it. That is a win win in my book!

I am so glad I purchased a .22LR conversion kit for my AR and the 5K round of .22LR

I am good on TP, ammo, and guns for now. Things will go back to normal in a while, so I will probably invest more into ammo when the prices go back to "normal".

I bought 222 rounds of .22lr and 40 of 7.62x39 for about $20 combined because I wanted the free dish towel. Was able to laugh at a guy who told me he won't reload because he has better things to spend his time/money on...... Like going to bi Mart every single day to try and buy 9mm for $15/50? Ok, my dude, believe your own BS if it smells good :p

Dayum, sounds like it's getting bad out there for ammo. I don't need any, maybe it's time to sell some and put it back in the hands of folks who need some. Lots of new gun owners out there these days.

I've been trying to help the non internet savvy members of my family in hunting down 9mm and 5.56 (of course, after the passed on the ammo I was finding 2 months ago, saying it was too expensive)

Then a buddy calls me and asks me to add 300 BO to my hunt. I've never bought it in my life, so I'm in the dark at to what "normal" prices are, other than trying to look up old bimart ads!

For 5.56, I was "happy" to find 2000 rounds for one friend at 44 cents per round today, I'd give it a 50/50 shot at being cancelled before shipping.

Yesterday I had found brass 9mm for 32 cents, but my order status changed to cancelled today.

I coded a little bot that helps, but I mainly am just refreshing a few sites that seem to consistently add a few thousand rounds a day at high, but not peak, pricing.

Anyone doing similar for friends / family?

Personally..... give a man a fish, and he will always ask you for more. Teach a man to fish, and let him do the leg-work to feed himself. :D

Maybe it's time you teach your family to be more "internet savvy"?

Let them find out for themselves what procrastination costs. ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top