JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We have a half German Shepard half who knows what. I'm thinking cow. If we are are outside more then 5 min. Or they are not playing she is eating grass. I know dogs eat grass if they have a upset stomach. But she eats so much you can see it in her poo. She eats and eats and eats. Never in 4months has she upchucked from eating it as I expect from a dog that eats grass.
We we did get her as a rescue. She was kept in a very small closet and left outside a ton by her self before we got her. Now she is never alone and has pepper to play with. But she eats more grass then my son cuts the lawn mower. If you've never had a dog eat grass like a cow it's ... different

so any ideas

Maybe look into changing the dogs diet.
Her eating that much grass should be a sign.
A dogs stomach can flip from indigestion problems.
That happens, it won't be good for her, or your wallet.

Call the vet and take in a stool sample (of the dog's)!
miniature_1950s_diner_bar_stool_2.jpg
Nah, choking hazard

If she were part cow, you would not be able to keep her in the house because of farting.

Dogs are like humans and develop habits based on their environment.
A rescue
Left outside a lot or confined in a tiny space

She was probably not fed well. Some dogs will eat grass just to satisfy that hunger pang. Once she becomes accustomed to grass, her system will process it but it won't cause upset. So now it's comfort food to her.

I have a rescue dog (last chance adoption) who took years to unlearn some of his habits.

Oh man. My side hurts from laughing at some of the responses.
The vet didn't seem concerned at all when we told him. About the grass habitat. We did switch the food a couple weeks ago and she still mows the lawn.
I'll call him about the stool sample. It's easy to spot which one is hers. It's the one with half grass.
As to the cow stink..... got that covered. She is the most gassy dog I've known. She sits up- fart. Lays down- fart. Wags her tail - fart. Barks - with each bark we get a fart.

p7id10t- I believe you may be right on the money with the time and comfort eating. Don't know yet.
thank you all for the responses.

We have a half German Shepard half who knows what. I'm thinking cow. If we are are outside more then 5 min. Or they are not playing she is eating grass. I know dogs eat grass if they have a upset stomach. But she eats so much you can see it in her poo. She eats and eats and eats. Never in 4months has she upchucked from eating it as I expect from a dog that eats grass.
We we did get her as a rescue. She was kept in a very small closet and left outside a ton by her self before we got her. Now she is never alone and has pepper to play with. But she eats more grass then my son cuts the lawn mower. If you've never had a dog eat grass like a cow it's ... different

so any ideas

Some dogs have sensative tummys and god only knows whats in the food now and where its from. Some of the food has killed dogs.The dog food at costco (house brand )has some digestive system balace formulated in it. My dog was puking and eating grass on most regular dog food sold in chain stores. It straighten him out.Its very affordable compaired to they fancy named designer brands. Its the main reason i keep my membership.

Oh man. My side hurts from laughing at some of the responses.
The vet didn't seem concerned at all when we told him. About the grass habitat. We did switch the food a couple weeks ago and she still mows the lawn.
I'll call him about the stool sample. It's easy to spot which one is hers. It's the one with half grass.
As to the cow stink..... got that covered. She is the most gassy dog I've known. She sits up- fart. Lays down- fart. Wags her tail - fart. Barks - with each bark we get a fart.

p7id10t- I believe you may be right on the money with the time and comfort eating. Don't know yet.
thank you all for the responses.
My dog eats it all the time too and the vet said that she may be missing something in their diet but some dogs just like eating it. I gave her dog vitamins for a while and it didn't seem to make any difference.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top