Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Washington Did Washington just ban 80% lowers and pre-1968 guns?

Reactions
Ok, now I am confused since I lost all my guns in a boat accident...after July 1 2019 I can't build a 80% handgun for personal use in the state of Washington? Because, of new state laws that are also the same as Federal laws.o_O

Ok, now I am confused since I lost all my guns in a boat accident...after July 1 2019 I can't build a 80% handgun for personal use in the state of Washington? Because, of new state laws that are also the same as Federal laws.o_O
See post #5

Reactions
According to a Facebook post lower receivers will no longer be legal to buy/sell. Is there any truth to this?

View attachment 589406
No. They will remain legal. The issue however is that if a seller does not conduct a background check and a prohibited person uses the product in making a firearm, the seller would be in deep trouble. So while you can still buy 80% stuff legally (at least metal stuff -- plastics may or may not get you trouble depending on how well they show up on xray and if you already have plastic frames/receivers, those may become contraband, again, depending on how well they show up on xray), you would also end up in a database maintained by the DOL.

I went through the specifics pretty carefully here: Washington - Did Washington just ban 80% lowers and pre-`68 guns?

Reactions
Yeah. I would caution you to be very careful with what info you get from a gif on Facebook. Lots of hyperbole and false to semi-false to blatantly-false info is tossed around that arena regularly.

Reactions
Yeah. I would caution you to be very careful with what info you get from a gif on Facebook. Lots of hyperbole and false to semi-false to blatantly-false info is tossed around that arena regularly.
Very true which is why I wanted to run it by here.

Reactions
Also, I'm not gonna name names, but I know factually that even notarized documents have been doctored, or outright lied and done unlawfully in the past. So even notarizations can and have been challenged in the court of law. Maybe not successfully won all the time, but not 100% fool proof bomb proof, either.
I hereby swear that when I turned over in that crib in Kenya, here was this half white/black baby next to me being called Barry or Obrack, or some kind of a messed up name, or maybe just getting him to speak Hawaiian? Something about coming in handy when a hospital gets built?

Reactions
glockstore.png
--- Pending U.S Legislation seeks to effectively outlaw the building of 80% Lowers. For more information, click HERE to read the proposed bill. ---

NOTE: We can no longer ship 80% Lowers to New Jersey or Washington State.

FYI

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Mary's Pistols
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic small business with equally excellent folks running the place. I was given fair value for a trade in and was able to order something I...
    • Red98422
  • Gooseneck Road
    4.00 star(s)
    Very popular service road with some unmarked logging roads that branch off of the main. Relatively cleaned up from what we saw. I just wish that...
    • Benzdriver81
  • Liberty Safes of Oregon
    5.00 star(s)
    I have now purchased 2 Safe’s and constantly recommend people go here. You get better quality than the other liberty safes made for places like...
    • Motojohonda
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just dropped by today to pick up a rifle … this is what a gun store should be! None of the crotchety bluster and BS that so many other gun stores...
    • DLS
  • Supporting Vendor J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    I'll put in a good word for J&B Firearms Sales in Beaverton, on Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy (across the street from KFC and BiMart). I've always had...
    • RVNvet

Staff online