JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I folded mine in half, laminated it, trimmed the lamination somewhat, and carry it in with my cash so it's got plenty of room. It's just slightly larger than a standard ID/credit card.

I wish it was somehow tied to your DL, less things to carry is always nicer! Should be able to stamp it on the front or the open back space of the DL! One more year on mine so we'll see if my new one is upgraded or not!

I wish it was somehow tied to your DL, less things to carry is always nicer! Should be able to stamp it on the front or the open back space of the DL! One more year on mine so we'll see if my new one is upgraded or not!

donotwant1228767603985.jpg

The best place to fold if it's still the old big one like in the picture is right below your birthday sex height information but above the month day year labels. As for cutting I only cut the laminating material.

Sorry for the late response, but thank you still. I'll give it a shot!

sex height information

Don't remember having to show that, nor do I remember that being probed... ;)

Yeah they are like in the picture now just got mine a month or two ago... Just folded it up and Fed ex store laminated and trimmed it for me:) fits decent in wallet little bigger than credit card but not too bad dont pull it out much so no big deal just glad it aint gettin rubbed out like reciepts do when you leave in wallet for awhile. Plus should be pretty water resistant if i go for unexpected swim and great peace of mind when I got drenched a couple times fishing last month in astoria. Not trying to replace it 21 times so the laminate is nice. Would be better as drivers license endorsement. Also should be a required training course or something seemed a bit to easy to me although I didnt mind, just scary as to what tards that dont have a clue the level of danger they are dealing with. Then tv shows and hollywood really desensitizes shootings and vigilantism but in reality when something like that happens the media has a field day and puts even more fear in all the closed minded sheeple that dont realize there are NORMAL SANE ppl that carry firearms without intending to play gangster or join the A team. Makes it difficult to protect our rights to protect ourselves and family when the system (both Hollywood and the media) flip things around and make it seem like we are all retarded uneducated rednecks and guns kill ppl. Criminals Kill ppl whether its with a gun or a prison shank (they will make from anything they can get there filthy claws on) Just sad to see them trying to convince society as a whole the police are all the protection we need (lol) And dont mean to sound paranoid but has it seemed like more and more gun violence and such in the media lately? Statistically nothing has changed. they just show us what they want us to see....

"the opinions and belief of men depend not on their own will, but follow involuntarily the evidence proposed to their minds;"-Thomas Jefferson

The streets haven't drenched in blood yet in the states that have chosen constitutional carry, it seems people on average can deal with these type of responsibilities quite well.

So if we went to that, what happens when you visit other states that currently honor WA state permits?

It would most likely work like other states that already have constitutional carry where you can get an optional permit if you want to for the purpose of using it in reciprocal states.

Well... The idea is that the whole CPL is not constitutional to begin with. With the idea that are second amendment gives us that right on the federal level so no states can enact a law that infringes on it; therefore, if it was the way it should be then we would not need a CPL CCW CHL or anything that would give us permission to exercise a right already given to us in any state; therefore, it would not matter what state you were in...
so far only three states have figured this out, hope more to come.

Just got my CPL, applied on Sept 4th, got on on Sept 26th.

The card is a tad larger than a credit card sized card or my WA DL.
cpl size.jpg

Looks bigger if you look at the laminated edges, but the paper part when folded over is just a tad larger than the Amazon card, placed on top of it.
cpl2.jpg
Fits in my cheap leather wallet just fine. Really snug under the ID window, under my DL. But I don't expect to take it out unless asked for it.

Now I suppose I should buy some gunZ! So please send all donations (money, ammo and hardware of course) to....
Save Da Bears, PO Box MY House.

Oh and gift cards are GLADLY accepted.

cpl size.jpg

cpl2.jpg

Thanks for posting that, I was actually about to go out to get it laminated the same way, but thank you for the pics!

I'm actually going to carry it in a second small wallet, so I'll have one that's going deep in the front with important ID stuff (DL, CPL, insurance card, greencard and maybe a debit card) and another one with money, credit cards and the 16 trillion (and counting) membership cards you get everywhere. In the unlikely event I get robbed, I'd rather have a bit of cash and a bunch of "insured" plastic gone than the stuff that's more of a hassle to replace. Credit cards are just a few phone calls, but dealing with USCIS, police and DOL for the official papers and plastics is more of an issue.

Just got my CPL, applied on Sept 4th, got on on Sept 26th.

The card is a tad larger than a credit card sized card or my WA DL.
View attachment 46325

Looks bigger if you look at the laminated edges, but the paper part when folded over is just a tad larger than the Amazon card, placed on top of it.
View attachment 46326

That looks the same as my 2010 issued WA CPL - a piece of paper that is slightly larger than a credit card when folded in half.

It's still too big. Surely that isn't the new design? :confused:

Last Edited:
Well... The idea is that the whole CPL is not constitutional to begin with. With the idea that are second amendment gives us that right on the federal level so no states can enact a law that infringes on it; therefore, if it was the way it should be then we would not need a CPL CCW CHL or anything that would give us permission to exercise a right already given to us in any state; therefore, it would not matter what state you were in...
so far only three states have figured this out, hope more to come.

I agree, on principal, but if you try it let us know how it worked for you when you get out of prison.

Yeah the Lake Stevens new cpl fits in a credit card slot in my wallet perfect it would be cool if it had your photo on it like a dl. When I was at discount guns in everett last monday buying a mp45 I showed the cpl and the guy behind the counter was shocked it fit in a credit card slot

That looks the same as my 2010 issued WA CPL - a piece of paper that is slightly larger than a credit card when folded in half.

It's still too big. Surely that isn't the new design? :confused:

Actually if you trim off a tiny bit of the plastic, it fits just fine in all the wallets I have tried it in at Target (the other day). The laminate is what makes it "over large" for card pockets, and after it gets laminated, you don't have to worry about it falling apart.

Now I can whip it out with my DL and not worry about tugging and pulling on it,and ripping my wallet apart trying to get it out. But it would be nice if they were already CC size and made like a WA ID with state hologram and picture, so it could actually be used as an ID.

Yeah the Lake Stevens new cpl fits in a credit card slot in my wallet perfect it would be cool if it had your photo on it like a dl. When I was at discount guns in everett last monday buying a mp45 I showed the cpl and the guy behind the counter was shocked it fit in a credit card slot

Does it look like the one Blkbear posted above?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top