JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I happened to stop at an intersection next to a motorcycle cop today. I saw his firearm and asked him if it was a s&w m&p. He looked confused so I asked him again if the gun was a smith and wesson m&p. He said," I don't know; I'm not a shooter." He never looked upset that I had asked him. Maybe I didn't hear him correctly?

I happened to stop at an intersection next to a motorcycle cop today. I saw his firearm and asked him if it was a s&w m&p. He looked confused so I asked him again if the gun was a smith and wesson m&p. He said," I don't know; I'm not a shooter." He never looked upset that I had asked him. Maybe I didn't hear him correctly?

Some police I'm sure carry because its required on the job, and hopefully never have to use it.. I'm sure the type exists where they want to help and not hurt people yanno.. Very idealistic people, who've never been assaulted or hurt and live in la la land.

I dunno.. Its only a guess, but I've met a few people like that, and I wouldn't doubt for a second that instead of becoming a doctor, or nurse.. Some become police officers..

... I just hate it when they don't know much about the piece they're carrying.

Certainly not a good feeling..

You want to trust your fellow man especially with some amount of authority..

However, he may simply have been wanting to disarm the conversation and not talk about it. I've done that before when I really don't want to talk to someone about something.. (My VWs or whatever)..

Again though, he may simply have been clueless, and just known that "if I pull this thingy here, loud things fly out the business end"..

/shrug

I was just surprised that he didn't seem to know what was in his holster! It's possible he was trying to "disarm" the conversation, but we were sitting at a red light...it wasn't going to last long. :D

Every professional should be familiar enough with their "tools" to at least know the name. Especially, when the "tool" is capable of taking a life. I can't imagine a soldier not knowing their weapon inside and out, and I've never met one that didn't know, at least, the name of the firearm they carried. I respect (most) police officers and the difficulty of their jobs, but I don't think that they are above criticism.

Motor cop. I'ts all about the revenue for him. Tickets, Tickets, Tickets. They only call them on a code 3 when all the donut shops are already empty.

My brother in law is D.C. Capitol Police, ("NOT Metro.." apparently there's a small feud between the 2 divisions.) but, he's scored one of the highest of his group in his (i think yearly) Marksmanship exams, but he's a pacifist and hates the gun, even hates having to take it home. believes in justice and law, just not busting caps, but his buddy in his unit said "i feel sorry for the idiot though that makes him have to shoot him, 'cause he won't be getting up."

So police are all types, and if you're in DC, be nice to the Capitol guys, but give the Metros a hard time lol.

My brother in law is D.C. Capitol Police, ("NOT Metro.." apparently there's a small feud between the 2 divisions.) but, he's scored one of the highest of his group in his (i think yearly) Marksmanship exams, but he's a pacifist and hates the gun, even hates having to take it home. believes in justice and law, just not busting caps, but his buddy in his unit said "i feel sorry for the idiot though that makes him have to shoot him, 'cause he won't be getting up."

So police are all types, and if you're in DC, be nice to the Capitol guys, but give the Metros a hard time lol.

What kind of gun does your bro-in-law carry?

You guys ever thought that he might have said that because he didn't want to bs with some unknown dude at an intersection?

There are several military slang words created from soldiers returning from war...soldiers tired of people asking what every badge and ribbon on their uniform meant.

They would tell them that it was a "mustard stain" on their parachute wings and "salad dressing" for all their ribbons.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top