JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Did restrictive New Jersey gun laws kill Carol Bowne?

A brutal murder case in southern New Jersey has put the state's restrictive gun laws in the spotlight, and yesterday's National Review fingered the "deadly consequences" of those laws as police hunted for the man they believe stabbed a woman to death earlier this week.

<broken link removed>

Maybe we should give everyone a gun?

You know, according to the libturds logic, if it saves one life..... :cool:

No, I don't believe we should "give" everyone a gun.
They ought to buy it, just like I bought mine ;)

Seriously, we need to concentrate on protecting the right to MAKE THAT CHOICE! No taxes, no waiting periods, no "qualification" hoops...
Thanks for reading and sharing your opinion.. How about sharing it over on Examiner, too?

To answer the question you pose Dave, I would say yes. The guy had a history of violence against women, had a restraining order against him, and the woman he killed had already purchased an alarm system for her home, and had had the windows of her car broken.
While the perp should have been in jail.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ow-if-gun-would-have-saved-carol-bownes-life/

In the weeks and months leading up to her death, Bowne "installed security cameras and an alarm system to her home and began the months-long process of obtaining a handgun." Bowne's co-workers said, "She got a restraining order about a month ago, and right after that her car windows were broken."

Bowne's former boyfriend, Michael Eitel, is a convicted felon, who has allegedly threatened and attacked others in the past. According to the Post, "Eitel allegedly violated a restraining order brought by another woman in September 2006. In that incident, Eitel allegedly pulled a gun on a 36-year-old Laurel Springs woman and repeatedly threatened her life."

He pleaded guilty to a weapons offense in 2008 and was sentenced to prison in 2009. Yet he was out on the streets on June 3, and Carol Bowne was in fear for her life–still awaiting permission to own a gun.

Yet an everytown spox says it's not known whether her having a gun would have prevented her death.
smFh.

These people are bonafide idiots and cowards.

I dont know why a gun rights group doesnt publish a study (it would be a great counter campaign for all the "statistics" the gun control community publishes), I dont think gun control laws have ever saved even one life but there are numerous cases like this where gun control has taken lives. Many lives. Start with the Texas Lubys Shooting.

To answer the question you pose Dave, I would say yes. The guy had a history of violence against women, had a restraining order against him, and the woman he killed had already purchased an alarm system for her home, and had had the windows of her car broken.
While the perp should have been in jail.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ow-if-gun-would-have-saved-carol-bownes-life/

Yet an everytown spox says it's not known whether her having a gun would have prevented her death.
smFh.

These people are bonafide idiots and cowards.

What IS known is that NOT having a gun and the potential to employ it to defend herself cost her life.

Last Edited:
Wow! If all of you guys would do what Stomper did...cut and paste your remarks over to the Examiner site..it might educate some people about what real 'gun safety advocates' think about firearms, self-defense and stupid gun laws!
Thx!

I would Dave, if Disqus and the examiner site would let me post a response.
But unless I submit to them running scripts on my computer, they won't.

So until they're more interested in my opinion than their ability to sell my info to their advertisers, we're at an impasse.

I can log in with disqus, but more scripts are required for the examiner to allow my post.
That's not happening.

Wow! If all of you guys would do what Stomper did...cut and paste your remarks over to the Examiner site..it might educate some people about what real 'gun safety advocates' think about firearms, self-defense and stupid gun laws!
Thx!

I agree with jamie6.5.... and I dont think there should be any expectation that anyone needs to create yet another internet user account/password to educate others. I think its great that you get your work published in any publication but until you get on CNN, Oregonlive, CBSnews etc. posting on comments on the Examiner isn't going to educate folks. Its getting your articles out mainstream that will.

Outrage over MSM ignorance of Bowne story; services set Wednesday

There is outrage growing today within the firearms community over the lack of attention from the mainstream press to the slaying of New Jersey resident Carol Bowne, for whom funeral services will be held Wednesday.

<broken link removed>

No, I don't believe we should "give" everyone a gun.
They ought to buy it, just like I bought mine ;)

Seriously, we need to concentrate on protecting the right to MAKE THAT CHOICE! No taxes, no waiting periods, no "qualification" hoops...
Thanks for reading and sharing your opinion.. How about sharing it over on Examiner, too?

In other words: REPEAL GCA68!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads