JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sure.
Show me where you put the information?
OH wait.

You didn't post it in the first sentence. You put it wayyyyyy down in the thread on post # 7
So who's wrong?

Me or you?
Should have been VQ, not VC.
VQ is for Volquartsen.

Hope this helps.
Best,
Gary

Says who? The company's name is Volquartsen Custom, therefore VC. Splitting Volquartsen up so it is VQ, may be YOUR choice, but it's not mine.
Look at the Volquartsen logo............................it's VC! :p

Wow. The guy simply asked if anybody else bought one.

What a bunch of old women and experts (in name only) that come here only to stir the fudge. No wonder we're losing the 2A fight. It's easier to bicker and fight than to admit you might not know everything.

If you don't know what a VC frame is, you probably didn't buy one. Google is your friend.:s0060:

Screenshot_2021-01-14 VC Target Frame Volquartsen Firearms.png Screenshot_2021-01-14 Volquartsen Firearms Official Site.png

Last Edited:
I do understand why the OP wrote his replies the way he did, and I think a "could you please provide a link or a website name?" would have generated a more pleasant reply. There are times I have posted great deals on various firearms forums, with a clear company name, and the first four replies are "Provide a link!"
After posting a thread for the sole purpose of helping other people find a good price it is annoying to hear criticism right off the bat.

I do understand why the OP wrote his replies the way he did, and I think a "could you please provide a link or a website name?" would have generated a more pleasant reply. There are times I have posted great deals on various firearms forums, with a clear company name, and the first four replies are "Provide a link!"
After posting a thread for the sole purpose of helping other people find a good price it is annoying to hear criticism right off the bat.
He can't see me....
So will someone ask him for an actual link?
I think humor is being lost here... Seriously.
(And if it's not, we'll never get the link.)

I told you so.

AMEN! And, those sort of encounters and responses, sure makes one wonder as to WHY they'd ever want to "up their forum membership" to a monetary degree. :(

AMEN! And, those sort of encounters and responses, sure makes one wonder as to WHY they'd ever want to "up their forum membership" to a monetary degree. :(

While not every interaction goes the way we intend, a supporting membership is to help continue to have a place to post those discussions. There are plenty of bad drivers on the road, but I still appreciate the road to drive on (although off road is good with me too).

Anyway, I don't work here. I wasn't paid for this endorsement. Your mileage may vary. Do not take rectally. Contents may be hot.

While not every interaction goes the way we intend, a supporting membership is to help continue to have a place to post those discussions. There are plenty of bad drivers on the road, but I still appreciate the road to drive on (although off road is good with me too).

Anyway, I don't work here. I wasn't paid for this endorsement. Your mileage may vary. Do not take rectally. Contents may be hot.

Couldn't agree more. Most roads have signs with "RULES" posted along side, and expected to be adhered to. Some drivers don't abide, and they crash, or go too fast and get fined for doing so.
So it is, I suspect that most forums have rules for members to abide by, and are expected to do so, or face losing a privilege. I'm sure you do also. Not many folks would like to drive on any road where drivers flagrantly broke the rules involved, at least most of those with some common sense.

I think I'm the first person to reply that actually did pick up a couple of these uppers last year, and they work great on my mk iv 22/45 frame. I did pay Volquartsen to thread one of the bull-barrel uppers and I stuck a Tandemkross Game Changer Pro compensator on it and it has so little kick, very noticably down from the mk iv 22/45 Lite upper. Heavy barrel must be why!

I have been looking for extra bolts instead of swapping the one I have, so I'll definitely take a look on eBay for those mk iii's.

I will also say I was quite confused about VC (I did not know their full name is Volquartsen Custom; as someone pointed out their website currently says Volquartsen Firearms) and would have appreciated the acronym clarification (though I did think it was funny when someone implied the Viet Cong were using Rugers). My personal rule of thumb is to define every acronym I use in parentheses right after its first use, so that not-as-quick folks like myself can just see what it is right away. I did not draw the conclusion that Volquartsen mapped to VC until the OP brought it to attention in post #15. I suppose since I am relatively new to Volquartsen I did not know their history and prior usage of the name Volquartsen Custom.

In any case, thanks to OP for sharing the deal and the pictures! I really like your slab-side upper, would love to have one of those one day.

Wow. The guy simply asked if anybody else bought one.

What a bunch of old women and experts (in name only) that come here only to stir the fudge. No wonder we're losing the 2A fight. It's easier to bicker and fight than to admit you might not know everything.

If you don't know what a VC frame is, you probably didn't buy one. Google is your friend.:s0060:

View attachment 807564View attachment 807565
Finally a decent link!!!

All in all, I'm glad for the thread, has me thinking!

I want to Mamba my Mark IV. The Black Mamba looks so cool. I saw one at Cabellas.

I know of a few others who've done that very same thing. I bought my Volquartsen LLV before the Black Mamba was born, and swapped bolts back and forth between one of my Ruger Mark II pistols:
THSj3Jnl.jpg
Fit and worked perfectly. I only tried the switch for my own learning, as the Volquartsen bolt that came with it works perfectly well as is.:
aO73cukl.jpg
Didn't expect that my using VC as the abbreviation for Volquartsen Custom would cause such an uproar. English was my major in college as I had aspirations of being a teacher, but other things beyond my control got in the way. But I did land an apprenticeship to become a journeyman toolmaker, worked at that for almost 17 years.
Funny thing is, I used that same acronym in several of the 150+ articles I've done for "American Gunsmith" as a contributing editor for them, and never received one jeer. Odd:
uLGXXgNl.jpg uLGXXgNl.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top