JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sportsmans were selling the Para 1911 expert in stainless for essentially $299!!

Anyway, friends who bought this have both really liked it, it shoots amazingly well and the finishing inside doesn't need any stoning/dremmel work at all.

Whilst mine is only just going on the bench to be stripped/cleaned/lubed, i do want to get the warranty registered. But i cannot find how to do that :(

I got one. First 1911 so I have nothing to compare it too. Looks beautiful, made all my glocks look ugly... Well uglier. Mine had some machining marks on the barrel and barrel hood. But a little polish took it right out. Really happy with it, especially for the price.

I got one. Also my first 1911, but looks and feels great. Haven't fired it yet. CURRENTLY, you can get the blued one at Sportsmans for even a few bucks cheaper.

That's easy, this is a sale of the century kind of thing :) Can't pass it up ;)

You can get the blued version for $275 right now (after $100 rebate) - the stainless was the black friday special.

Seems the receipt is all you need for the lifetime warranty, it's a pretty well fitted gun and also my first 1911. Put 150 rounds through it to today, it shoots really pretty well, well balanced. Not a single feed issue, including some critical defence.

Only thing I'm not liking is the grips, functionally fine, but not lookers :(

Loads of options out there though, so grip shopping now :)

I picked up the black nitride version and I am not thoroughly impressed. I see several major mold lines on the frame that should have been taken off prior to the nitride coating being put on. Trigger is not very good and is very soft aluminum alloy. I already have a couple little nicks on it and haven't taken it out, only did some small adjustments on the screw. Haven't shot it yet but I hope it works ok. If nothing else it's a great start to a custom 1911 for under $300. Hopefully the rebate comes quick so I can order a new trigger, hammer and safety lever.

Last Edited:
When I was so looking into them for black friday, finish on the 'para-coat' version as in question. But the gun was otherwise pretty good, they're worth 275 of anyone's money though in my opinion.

Trigger is plastic... at least on the stainless Expert. I've a little quibble over the pull just before it breaks, but I'm still looking into that.

The main spring housing is also plastic, which isn't surprising. As for the trigger, I will have to check. It is not a crisp, clean pull either. It felt like aluminum, but it could be a coating as well. It did mar up pretty easily so it very well could be plastic. Just another thing on the list to be "fixed" along with a combat hammer, extended thumb safety, and slide release. It will be a good project though and will fit a niche as a modern 1911 once complete, right next to my GI and officers model 1911's.

I only wish it had front slide serrations....:cool:

I was gon a say mope on the mainspring housing but you're right, it was plastic when I tore it down. Keeps the weight off I guess, it feels good.

What's a combat hammer and why would you want one?

Gonna say I don't feel the need for the extended lock and safety though.

I was gon a say mope on the mainspring housing but you're right, it was plastic when I tore it down. Keeps the weight off I guess, it feels good.

What's a combat hammer and why would you want one?

Gonna say I don't feel the need for the extended lock and safety though.

The Expert came with a combat hammer, not a spur like the GI models. I will be replacing the trigger, slide stop, thumb safety and hammer as a set to get some stainless accents on it. Functionality is fine as is, just a way of personalizing it I suppose more than anything. Its the first gun I have bought brand spankin' new in quite some time so I figure I can make some cosmetic changes to suit my tastes a little.

I like the idea of the stainless accents, one thing I like about stainless versions is all stainless parts, the expert has black accents, which I'm ok with, but prefer stainless.

What will replacing the trigger do for feel? If anything, or is it just for the looks? I'll be honest, I don't k of how the 1911 trigger works vs "traditional" types.

Oh absolutely, it shoots really well, I love it, but there are a couple of things I'd like to fiddle with, it was 200% woRuth what we paid :)

Forgot to mention, had an idea for the front sight, bore out the hole a little and put a thicker fibre in there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top