JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It came to my door unsolicited, haven't had time to watch it, threw "the envelope" in recycle.

Now I get a bill for $12.95 or return on my own time & money or what?

NRA or anyone, if you send something to me that I didn't ask for it's mine

I'm beginning to remember why I dropped out of membership for 20 years, they used up my dues asking for more money

Now I gotta figure out how to opt out?

Rant over...

I got the same thing a while back. There was a phone number on the one I got. I was able to call and actually talk to a real live person. Told them not to send me anymore.

I just keep them. They have no legal way of going after me for any money. They never called and have stopped sending me letters. As I said in the last thread on this, if they send me another, their getting a brick sent back to them.

I just keep them. They have no legal way of going after me for any money. They never called and have stopped sending me letters. As I said in the last thread on this, if they send me another, their getting a brick sent back to them.

Good idea and without the postage pre-paid

Thanks for the reply's guys!

I'll just ignore it, got better things to do with my time.

You can keep it based on U.S. Postal Service rules. It is unsolicited merchandise which they can't expect payment for. I kept mine and sent them an email telling them why (and quoting the code for that) and they stopped sending me reminders about paying.

Technically its a gift, you didn't order it and they sent it to you knowing that. You can legally keep it and ignore the letters suggesting that you pay for it. I just kept mine and I let the NRA know that I don't approve of this type of fund raising technique. I do still donate to the NRA/ILA fairly often, just not going to do it this way.

Ok well cool then.
LOL but mine is in the mail so oh well.. Seems that kinda tactic should be illegal. Some may feel obligated legally,
because of the misleading nature of their adverting and billing practices.
The NRA should separated themselves from crap like that, does not do a reputation good in my opinion.

Yes I agree completely, the NRA is making a mistake by engaging in this practice. I think their fundraising strategy team needs to take a step back and reconsider some of their methods. I was going to send mine back originally but then I forgot about it. When I found it again some months later I said to myself "screw it, they don't really want this back anyhow, probably cost them more to process the return than the cost of the DVD". What they really want is for you to feel obligated to send them money. I did send them a check last month to support their lobbying efforts but that was in response to a normal "help the cause" solicitation.

Seems that kinda tactic should be illegal.
Well, do we really need another law? ;)

but seriously, it is not something they should be doing. It does not reflect well on them. It is how scammers do things and why the Postal Service has instituted the rules in their code. It is a shame that the NRA stoops to this and hopefully if enough people complain they may stop. But who knows?

it has been mentioned every time the NRA is brought up and everyone keeps crying like a little girl.
so for everyone crying that they get junk mail and don't call to take their name off the contact list it seems all you like to do is cry.
manup and that goes for the girls too (I'm not pc) or let it be known you are just a crybaby.

it has been mentioned every time the NRA is brought up and everyone keeps crying like a little girl.
so for everyone crying that they get junk mail and don't call to take their name off the contact list it seems all you like to do is cry.
manup and that goes for the girls too (I'm not pc) or let it be known you are just a crybaby.
I don't care if they send me junk mail....but it seems a waste of their resources. I would think there would be a better use for the money, to be frank.

I don't care if they send me junk mail....but it seems a waste of their resources. I would think there would be a better use for the money, to be frank.

and you know for a fact they are buying the dvd's for this or is it a part of some other company and their way of supporting the NRA (with a % per sold)???

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top