JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wife and are are heading out of town today so I decided to do an early St Pattys day smoke yesterday. Picked up a 3lb corned beef and some jalapeños. And I usually throw a chicken breast or 2 on the smoker for lunches the next day. jalapeños stuffed with cream cheese, mozzarella, extra sharp cheddar, bacon bits, fresh clams, bread crumbs, minced garlic, chives and spices. Smoked for 2 hrs at 225 with a mix of hickory and peach wood.

FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_1471.JPG IMG_1472.JPG IMG_1474.JPG IMG_1460.JPG IMG_1471.JPG

Yeah I've looked at them. My problem is, can you get that down to 150 degrees in summer and still produce smoke? How long have you had it so far? I'm not sure I do enough other smoking to justify, but then looking at your goodness there....Maybe I should?

Yeah I've looked at them. My problem is, can you get that down to 150 degrees in summer and still produce smoke? How long have you had it so far? I'm not sure I do enough other smoking to justify, but then looking at your goodness there....Maybe I should?
I use one for all temps, even cold smoking cheese and such at 75°- 90°. Just get a cold smoke generator. I use an A-MAZE-N.

Question for the propane smoker guys:

Can you add (and how) soaked wood chips or does it smoke in a different manner + is there a place for a pan of water/beer at the bottom to catch the drippings and keep the smoke moist?

These seem closer to my future price range - the pellet grills are spendy and from what I understand they are a little spendy to feed with pellets.

I've only ever used charcoal to smoke with and have grilled with propane but that's it unless you want to count campfire cooking - which I am a master at:D

Can you add (and how) soaked wood chips or does it smoke in a different manner + is there a place for a pan of water/beer at the bottom to catch the drippings and keep the smoke moist?

These seem closer to my future price range - the pellet grills are spendy and from what I understand they are a little spendy to feed with pellets.

I've only ever used charcoal to smoke with and have grilled with propane but that's it unless you want to count campfire cooking - which I am a master at:D
I use soaked chunks in mine, works great. I also use vine maple, apple, cherry, alder that I cut myself. Also works great. You just drop them in the provided medium tray.
Comes with a liquid pan to catch drippings and put your beer or whatever in.

Wife and are are heading out of town today so I decided to do an early St Pattys day smoke yesterday. Picked up a 3lb corned beef and some jalapeños. And I usually throw a chicken breast or 2 on the smoker for lunches the next day. jalapeños stuffed with cream cheese, mozzarella, extra sharp cheddar, bacon bits, fresh clams, bread crumbs, minced garlic, chives and spices. Smoked for 2 hrs at 225 with a mix of hickory and peach wood.

View attachment 350258 View attachment 350256 View attachment 350253 View attachment 350254 View attachment 350252 View attachment 350256
I definitely need to get one of those pepper holder gizmos.

There is a tray that pulls out for adding wood. If you look at the amazon link I posted there are some good pictures. Yes there is a pan for beer/water

Amazon.com : Smoke Hollow 3615GW 36-Inch Propane Gas Smoker with Window : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Looks great. I have heard good things about smoking corned beef but have never tried it. Your post makes me want to change that and do one. Happy Saint Patty's Day.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top