JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At least Joe's had a great fishing dept! Every Corky, every quick fish, proper slinky making gear, good bate, couldn't always find good gear at Fishermans, and definitely not at Sportsmans, usually meant a trip to Bob's or B.C. Anglers if you needed it and Joe's didn't have it!

Only been to Dick's once, looking for a Under Armor beanie cap last winter. Ended up being $14 more than Sportsman's Warehouse. So, I bought it there. was never inpressed with Dick's even before the AR fiasco.

My thought exactly. Anyone remember GI Joe's (the store, not the action figures)?

Oh, yeah...Even better... Does anyone remember GI Joes when it was on East Marine Drive, actually carried Army surplus, and had parking lot bollards made out of old bombs? That place was way up on the cool meter when I was a youngster.

I am so glad Socks is reaping what they sowed. When they decided to piss on gun owners, I made a vow to never walk through their doors again... And I haven't :D

Oh, yeah...Even better... Does anyone remember GI Joes when it was on East Marine Drive, actually carried Army surplus, and had parking lot bollards made out of old bombs? That place was way up on the cool meter when I was a youngster.

I am so glad Socks is reaping what they sowed. When they decided to piss on gun owners, I made a vow to never walk through their doors again... And I haven't :D

I was too young to remember going in there, but I grew up nearby and those bombs were definitely part of my childhood. They were there for years after they'd moved.

Of course! One stop shopping for sporting goods and car parts.
I liked G I Joes... Uh, that is, up until ten years before their demise when they turned yuppie and worthless. Wigwam too! that's when you could still find ferrules for your favorite broken pole, fletching's for your skinned arrows and good wool socks on the next isle over. I guess nobody fixes things any more.

The stock price plummeted 18%

_WorldsSmallestViolin.jpg

See Dick cower
See Dick's Stock Plunge
Don't be a Dick

P'S I have never been into their store when they caved into that Liberal crap.
If i have to pay more at the store that didn't cave thats where i'll spend it

@jbett98 That's a picture of the McLoughlin store south of Milwaukie which, unfortunately, is now a WalMart. This was "my" store and I remember buying toys and models there in the 70's, lots of car stuff and guns thru the 80s and 90s.

I loved GI Joe's. I had a bad feeling when they started monkeying around with their business and shortened it to Joe's. That was the death knell.
Great place. Unfortunately the corp that bought it and renamed it "Joe's" was only using it as a "cash cow" until they started liquidation. I've never checked, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same corporation that owns Dick's.

Dick's prices have always been thru the roof. The only thing I ever remember purchasing there was a couple of tree stands that were on a deep sale. If they dried up and blew away it wouldn't bother me at all.

I remember G.I. Joe's back in the day and miss said. It was, for a time, a good outfit that had a great selection. It was too bad when it bit the dust.

I'm less familiar with Dick's. I do, vaguely, remember their refusing to carry some semi-automatics. That was their call to make. And the consumer could, and possibly has, made the call to stop patronizing their establishment. The free market rewards and punishes organizations and it sounds like the management, and stockholders, are getting a dose of that reality. I'm glad I don't have their stock in my portfolio.

The company that bought Joe's is Crystal Investments and Liquidation Services out of Kali! Before that it was a Shell of the same company, the same that changed the name to "Joe's" This company really screwed the public over with warranty issues on those cheep Chinese knock off atv's and motorcycles ( many law suits)! Also, killing off the auto and marine part of the company was a bad move!

Good. Glad the market finally showed Dicks that being a total dick towards the firearms community wouldnt pan out.

Not quite enough Fudds to prop up their little kowtowing stores.. :p

Not only that, but they got greedy as all get out, marking things up $5-25 over what everyone else was charging. And they were a big box store! Dicks shot themselves in the foot on this one. The deserve whats coming to them. They'll soon go the way of Joes and Sports Authority.

G.I. Joes legacy will last long after I depart this planet.

When my kids are giving all my stuff to the Goodwill, a good portion will have G.I. Joes price labels.:cool:
P1040674.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top