JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So 26 out of 310 Million dies, and now we have some sort of nation wide pandemic against selling a legal firearm. Great, we don't need the Government to ban guns, just let the private Corps do it.

just messaged them to say they will never get a dollar from me as long as they continue to prop up the liberal lie. But, honestly I never liked their store, prices or service. This really means that with those big box stores pulling out of the business the LGS will just get more money. I think letting the bully act like a bully is one of the best techniques there is.

WalMart also has stopped selling AR-15 type rifles.

Yea right. I suppose they're going to take them out and run over them with a D-9. NOT!!! they'll whole sell them to somebody.

I wonder who the lucky FFL is that is going to end up with those rifles that aren't going to be sold?

Freakin' hypocrites are doing the math and trying to impress the group they think will spend the most money. The only answer is to let them know that our numbers are huge and we vote with our wallets.

I sent them an e-mail. Since they are really close to me I would usually drop in once a month to pick up items but not anymore.

An observation that I would point out regarding boycotts. Telling them that you never shopped at their store and then telling them you will never shop there isn't really effective since they are losing any customers. To be effective they need to understand that they have customers or potential customers that they are losing because of their actions.

Wow, another company that has poor management and business skills that let their company run off emotion rather than facts. That's fine, no skin off my nut wagon!

Boycott Dicks!!!! I just bought a Gun safe from Dicks and have bought some Ammo and other sporting good Items from them. I will never buy another thing from them. They are just tring to make a political statement and look good taking AR"s off there shelves. Why did"nt they take all the Rifles off the shelf? Do they think they are going to save anyone by doing that? Bought the ARs did not belong to the Shooters. One was stolen and the other was taken when she was shot. I also do not trust the NRA I think they are going to give away some of right to look good.
In the last month they have tried selling me some DVDs and sign up for there Credit card with a really high interest rate. So I think this will be the last year i support them. They are just like ever other politican these days. So I think if enough people quit buying there goods maybe they will go out of business. Maybe they will bring back GI Joes that I knew as a kid. We need to make a stand somwhere or our rights will be gone and do not depend on the NRA I think they are bought off.

I never shopped at Dicks that overpriced preppy store anyways
Yes, I agree. I NEVER understood how they could ever sell a gun with the weird way they go about it, IE. the overstated security with the locks in the guns and nearly non-sell attitude they have, considering Wholesale Sports is just down the street (here in Bend anyway) with much better attitude toward the merchandising of guns, better selection and prices and the support of what I consider a better than average selection of accessories, reloading supplies and ammo.

since they took over GI Joes.
Yes I always thought GI Joes really blew it. They were once a 'player' - then went mainstream preppy dropping guns, ammo, reloading etc, then tried to regain some of their former 'self' by getting back into it again and for whatever reason failed. They could have been the Wholesale Sports of today - maybe they could have been 'Oregon Outfitters' I watched the evolution of GI Joes from the beginning to the end in Bend.

@Angie, "chicks and dicks".... lol ..... IMO, I feel that a lot of companies, i.e. Dicks (heehee) deciding not to sell AR's (but continue to sell mini 14's) are really afraid of their reputation. When asked, Where was the weapon purchased? They do not wish to have their name associated. People break out the pitchforks and torches, churches picket, babies cry.. all in all over react. Then they lose their bread and butter (middle school and high school athletes) The fringe sports, fishing and shooting sports, are not their money makers. I have been into two of them and NEITHER one had any fishing gear. and once again this is just my own personal opinion on the matter. BUT they have lost any future business from me or my family.

Dick's has thus dropped to being the last place I will go now to find stuff. Their customer service is at best poor anyway. Their selection can be good, but prices are all over the map. Now, if I find what we need elsewhere, there will be no giving Dick's a chance. And we spent a decent amount of money there in the last twelve months.

From their web site....

[h=4]"Statement from DICK'S Sporting Goods
[/h]We are extremely saddened by the unspeakable tragedy that occurred last week in Newtown, CT, and our hearts go out to the victims and their families, and to the entire community.
Out of respect for the victims and their families, during this time of national mourning we have removed all guns from sale and from display in our store nearest to Newtown and suspended the sale of modern sporting rifles in all of our stores chainwide.
We continue to extend our deepest sympathies to those affected by this terrible tragedy."

"Modern sporting rifles" what the heck is that? ..."But we have a great bunch of flintlocks over here...
I never even heard of these Bozos until this; so no great loss, Dick's Spurting Goods, Aloha, Shalom, AMF.

The first murder-suicide I ever saw was where the husband shot his showering wife with his .30-06 bolt action rifle, then did himself in the bathroom, too. Those people were as dead as it gets, you can bank on that, and it was all done with the gloriously safe hunting gun that the irrational pundits seem to be so enamored with today.

The lack of knowledge and logic being displayed in recent days is really breathtaking, today I saw a person on TV talking about a "100-clip gun." I kid you not. :huh:

Telling them that you never shopped at their store and then telling them you will never shop there isn't really effective since they are losing any customers. To be effective they need to understand that they have customers or potential customers that they are losing because of their actions.
They won't listen to phone calls or emails, they will watch the books and make a determination based on the sales receipts. If their sales go down then they will know that gun owners are impacting their business. Other wise they could care less what you say. It's strictly business they will watch the cash flow!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top