JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just read on another forum and it was confirmed by an employee that Dick's is pulling all it's AR's and other EBR's tonight and will no longer be selling them. I am going to be sending them an email tonight when I get home and letting them know they have lost a customer. I suggest everyone here do it as well.

I never shopped at Dicks that overpriced preppy store anyways, Walmart went through this same kind of thing about 12 years ago..Lose of Profit changes everything with time.

I had some time to kill a couple of weeks ago and stopped in at the Delta Park location to check it out.....I was the only customer in the store at 3 in the afternoon on a Friday.....I see them going the way of Pep Boys around here....

We had Chick's here, and then Dick's bought them out. I always thought they should have changed their name to "Chicks and Dicks".

I liked Chick's a lot, spent a LOT of $$ there on ski equipment, camping supplies and letterman's jackets. Dick's seems to cater more towards the pop warner and little league crowd. My kids were never into that (karate and running), so I only went in there a couple of times and gave up.

The fact that there are so many who are displaying "knee jerk" reactions to the shootings last week really concerns me. Don't get me wrong, I grieve for all that have been affected by these tragedies as I'm sure we all do, but I wish these people would realize that it's the people who do the shooting...not the guns...that killed all of these innocent men, women and children.

I will find it easier to stay out of their stores from now on.

The fact that there are so many who are displaying "knee jerk" reactions to the shootings last week really concerns me. Don't get me wrong, I grieve for all that have been affected by these tragedies as I'm sure we all do, but I wish these people would realize that it's the people who do the shooting...not the guns...that killed all of these innocent men, women and children.

I will find it easier to stay out of their stores from now on.

No loss to me...... Try and buy an AR from them you spend 10 mins trying to find somone to show you the gun. When you find someone they tell you they work in shoes and say ill get someone over there. Then somone from golfclubs comes over and says have you been helped. NO then they say o well let me get someone.... then................ 1 hour later I piss all over there counter and walk out the door. Never get arrested because no one ever comes over to show me the piece of ship stag ar behind the counter..... :s0064:

So, Dicks is 'pulling out' of the AR biz?
;-)

Too bad.
I have kids in sports and there is no place remotely close that sells the gear.
I could drive to other stores I suppose, but they either sell no guns or only have a token selection so what am I supporting there? While is stinks that they wont be carrying the AR, at least they are committed to a pretty good selection of other arms. Competition generally has a positive effect on pricing which we all benefit from.

Blaser box of aluminum 45 ACP for $20 is the only thing I ever bought from them. Too much money but I was desperate. They didn't ask me if I was a citizen and if they did, they would have lost a sale. GI Joes was so much better. The only sad thing that I can think of if they go out of business are all the jobs that will be lost. Other than that, bubblegum them.

I never liked the stores. My previous purchases were out of convenience. My last purchase was some clay pigeons. Will avoid them now.

I've had good experiences there the couple of times I've bought a few things there since they took over GI Joes. Almost bought a .22 from them a few weeks ago. Oh well, not now.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top