Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Dick's Sporting Goods no Longer Selling AR-15's

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by DieselScout, Dec 17, 2012.

1. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

Just read on another forum and it was confirmed by an employee that Dick's is pulling all it's AR's and other EBR's tonight and will no longer be selling them. I am going to be sending them an email tonight when I get home and letting them know they have lost a customer. I suggest everyone here do it as well.

2. novamind

novamind Hillsboro Active Member

I never shopped at Dicks that overpriced preppy store anyways, Walmart went through this same kind of thing about 12 years ago..Lose of Profit changes everything with time.

andreys21 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

Me neither, so they will be easy to boycott!

andreys21, mouse, brandon211 and 3 others like this.
  4. Unka-Boo

Unka-Boo Milwaukie Active Member

I had some time to kill a couple of weeks ago and stopped in at the Delta Park location to check it out.....I was the only customer in the store at 3 in the afternoon on a Friday.....I see them going the way of Pep Boys around here....

5. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

I can never say that name with a straight face... yes its juvenile, I know.

I never enjoyed Richard's Sporting Goods either, so no loss to me.

Burt Gummer, andreys21, MikeE and 3 others like this.
  6. Boomerang

Boomerang Portland area Active Member

Dick's (per their policy) will only sell ammo if you declare you are a US Citizen as well. Only store I've ever heard of doing that.

7. Angie

Angie Reno, NV Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

We had Chick's here, and then Dick's bought them out. I always thought they should have changed their name to "Chicks and Dicks".

I liked Chick's a lot, spent a LOT of $$ there on ski equipment, camping supplies and letterman's jackets. Dick's seems to cater more towards the pop warner and little league crowd. My kids were never into that (karate and running), so I only went in there a couple of times and gave up.

8. starion87le

starion87le Clackamas, OR Member

The fact that there are so many who are displaying "knee jerk" reactions to the shootings last week really concerns me. Don't get me wrong, I grieve for all that have been affected by these tragedies as I'm sure we all do, but I wish these people would realize that it's the people who do the shooting...not the guns...that killed all of these innocent men, women and children.

I will find it easier to stay out of their stores from now on.

Glock Jock and (deleted member) like this.
  9. starion87le

starion87le Clackamas, OR Member

The fact that there are so many who are displaying "knee jerk" reactions to the shootings last week really concerns me. Don't get me wrong, I grieve for all that have been affected by these tragedies as I'm sure we all do, but I wish these people would realize that it's the people who do the shooting...not the guns...that killed all of these innocent men, women and children.

I will find it easier to stay out of their stores from now on.

10. jmurray192

jmurray192 wilsonville oregon Active Member

No loss to me...... Try and buy an AR from them you spend 10 mins trying to find somone to show you the gun. When you find someone they tell you they work in shoes and say ill get someone over there. Then somone from golfclubs comes over and says have you been helped. NO then they say o well let me get someone.... then................ 1 hour later I piss all over there counter and walk out the door. Never get arrested because no one ever comes over to show me the piece of ship stag ar behind the counter..... :lolbeat:

11. Bushman

Bushman Auburn, WA Well-Known Member

Good on you. I would have done the same thing.

12. RedneckRampage

RedneckRampage Newberg Well-Known Member

As long as this is their policy, I'll never but from them again.

13. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

Ok, I hope you meant "buy" because the only other possibility would be "butt" and that just doesn't make sense. :laugh:

14. novamind

novamind Hillsboro Active Member

WalMart also has stopped selling AR-15 type rifles.

15. WhyteCheddar

WhyteCheddar East of Moscow by the Willamette Well-Known Member

So, Dicks is 'pulling out' of the AR biz?
    ;-)

Too bad.
    I have kids in sports and there is no place remotely close that sells the gear.
    I could drive to other stores I suppose, but they either sell no guns or only have a token selection so what am I supporting there? While is stinks that they wont be carrying the AR, at least they are committed to a pretty good selection of other arms. Competition generally has a positive effect on pricing which we all benefit from.

16. Cuthbert Allgood

Cuthbert Allgood Clark County, WA Well-Known Member

bfd, i've never cared for their store. it's no loss to me!

andreys21 and (deleted member) like this.
  17. andreys21

andreys21 Milwaukie, OR Active Member

Blaser box of aluminum 45 ACP for $20 is the only thing I ever bought from them. Too much money but I was desperate. They didn't ask me if I was a citizen and if they did, they would have lost a sale. GI Joes was so much better. The only sad thing that I can think of if they go out of business are all the jobs that will be lost. Other than that, bubblegum them.

18. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I never liked the stores. My previous purchases were out of convenience. My last purchase was some clay pigeons. Will avoid them now.

19. Unka-Boo

Unka-Boo Milwaukie Active Member

Tbeir marketing director ( and Wal Marts, for that matter ) should be fired. If anything, theg should have ramped up orders.

20. RB87

RB87 Oregon Active Member

I've had good experiences there the couple of times I've bought a few things there since they took over GI Joes. Almost bought a .22 from them a few weeks ago. Oh well, not now.