JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
On KPTV 10 PM News they announced Dick's Sporting Goods will be adding five stores here in Oregon (They have one in Tigard) Gresham, Salem, Hillsboro, Bend and Tualitin. Moving into old Joes Stores. Anyone familiar with the company?

I've been to the one in Washinton Square. It's nice. Different feel from Joes. They have a better selection of guns than Big 5, but they seem to appeal to the "purist" hunting/sportsmen as opposed to the roughnecks like myself.

You aren't going to find any black rifles, Mini-14, handguns, etc. They have their Remington and Browning rifles and shotguns. They do "sell ammo" but it's definately not "on sale." At least it wasn't the last time I went in. If you catch my drift.

I was asking questions about a Rem 700 they had in the rack. I got the impression the salesman was pretty clueless.... Prices seemed a lil high on most everything , I wouldn't completely rule them out though.

The companyI work for is doing the heating and air on the gresham store,the tualitin store and I am doing the salem store.
From what I have seen on the prints they will have an archery range in the store. Not a big onebut a place to try things out.
They have a golf shop and seems like they will have a big selection of clothes.
They ae shooting for an open date of the middle of october.

It seems like they're playing musical stores in Salem,:s0077: open one day closed the next, hope this one lasts a while, at lest through Christmas...

Seeing that a Dick's store is moving into the old G.I. Joe's operation on Lancaster Drive in Salem reminds me of the last days of Joe's, when it was closing out its inventory before shutting down for good. I stopped in to see if they had any ammo -- far chance -- and it was a madhouse: people running around grabbing item after item, shopping baskets full of junk that had dust all over it, sheer mayhem with credit cards. I started checking prices and figured that the store's management must had raised them before opening up its doors for a final run. In the sporting goods section, I spotted a clerk I knew and asked him about it. He smiled and said something to the effect that, "Yup -- pretty much. We're moving guns today that have sat on these shelves, at cheaper prices, for months and months. But mention 'sale' or 'going out of business' and people come out of the woodwork."

Let's see if Dick's can top that when it comes to town.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top