JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Upfront, I'm generally boycotting Dicks because of their anti-gun and bad customer service behavior back in December. If it wasn't for the current ammo shortage I would be ignoring them completely. The Dick's off 82nd Avenue near Johnson Creek Blvd will be getting delivery tomorrow morning of Remington UMC 9mm and UMC .223 FMJ though quantities will be limited obviously. Other calibers will also be arriving. According to the person I spoke with no .22LR will be on the truck.

Buying ANYTHING from them defeats the purpose of a boycott. I would not buy anything from them even if they were selling their ammo for $5 a box. Some things are just too expensive to go after the best deal or availablility.

This is sort of a funny story. I just spoke with a different BiMart further out from my local ones. They won't even give out the days when they get delivery anymore because recently a customer seeking ammo waited in the alley for the delivery truck to arrive and then banged on the driver's window to ask if he has ammo in the truck! When the driver replied that has no idea what is in the shipment the angry customer went into the store to complain to the manager about the bad service he received from the poor driver. LMAO.

If more people were like me, those ammo boxes would sit collecting dust in their store. I won't be buying anything from them in the foreseeable future.

So your moral stance changes if they have something you want?
Way to stand tall.

It is more like if I can't find something elsewhere that I desperately need then as a vendor of last resort I would consider my options. My morals are fine. Seems like you have some interesting standards of your own when the free market and free choice doesn't go exactly your way and you want to push your views on others. BTW, I'm not even going there tomorrow. My post was info for others to act on or not as they choose.

I do not own an AK, AR, any semi-auto rifles, or any center fire semi-auto pistols and yet I'm politically and financially supporting those gun owners who are the primary targets of the gun grabbers so get off my case.

One of the most effective voices we have is the one in our wallet. Mine chooses to forget Dicks exists.

If you wonder how effective this can be with a company, ask Smith & Wesson.

I had a chat with the manager who orders the firearms items, including ammo, at my local Walmart this morning, while I did a purchase for a shotgun. She said that she has not been told that they can't order anything she tries to, that their stock is related to the overwhelming demand for firearms and ammunition. She said stuff trickles in, a case here and there.

It's vaguely interesting that they may have some supply, publishing it to a forum may not be the best path if one truly supports a boycott. The marginal saving grace might be to have members call them and express why they won't be buying said supply. Unfortunately, it probably won't work as the un-informed and truly desperate will buy at any price.

Our own worst enemy is often in the mirror.

I don't think so. Even before Dicks threw us AR people under the bus their stuff was always overpriced and you never saw anything resembling a crowd in their stores. I remember one day when they had bulk 556 ammo on the counter without a price. I asked what the price was and it seemed to be a big deal to scan the boxes to get it! But as expected it was about 50 cents a round. Bi Mart had it for 32 cents. By the way, I can't say enough good about Bi Mart!!!!!

It's vaguely interesting that they may have some supply, publishing it to a forum may not be the best path if one truly supports a boycott.

Good point. Considering a couple of the replies higher above I definitely regret publishing the news here about the supply at Dicks. I financially support three pro 2A political organizations. The SAF and OFF based here in Oregon; Oregon Firearms Federation. The third organization I'm keeping private. That's my choice and while I'd like to see others also support them I would not judge anyone critically, especially in my comments for others to read, for deciding not too.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top