JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't have their stock in our portfolio, and after their idiot anti-freedom move never will, so on a personal level I don't care. For the sake of their employee's well being, here's hoping their management gets the clue or gets replaced post haste.

Joined the anti AR platform and now have to drop all of their hunting goods as hunters are gun folks and are boycotting them. They can sell Nike goods and put a picture of Kaepernick over their door way. Go from sporting good store to a spandex boutique. Serves them right!

I recently made a purchase at the local dicks:eek:, only because everyone else was out of the federal bulk 22lr and I had them match the price. It took them a while to believe that other stores were selling it for $50 when they were charging $90!

You know what we need? A store like the old GI Joe's. And for you graybeards.. a store like J.C. Higgins... Sears Roebuck.. Montgomery Ward... a department store that sells everything a man could want, guns, trucks, boats, actual sporting goods gear and down to marital assistance tools ;)
Sportsman's warehouse is the closest to it... Cabela's is close to it also...

I used to buy from them... Operative words: USED TO. Now... f'em!!!

Just received this in the mail. Resorting to bribery to get people to return to the store. :s0114::s0114::s0114::s0114::s0114:

20181204_160754.jpg

and down to marital assistance tools ;)

That IS a potential area of expansion for Dick's, but it's likely they are no longer up for it due to their limp sales and resulting deflated capital required to engage in such activity. Perhaps years ago when they were a young and vigorous up and coming business they could have penetrated that particular market, but alas that's no longer possible...

Last Edited:
I used to buy from them... Operative words: USED TO. Now... f'em!!!

Just received this in the mail. Resorting to bribery to get people to return to the store. :s0114::s0114::s0114::s0114::s0114:

View attachment 524355

Mean trick: Print out a copy of their press release of their policy changes, staple the card to it, and take it in and hand it over to customer service.

Even meaner: Put the above in an envelope and mail it to their corporate office. That says to them you are willing to spend effort and money to express your displeasure.

elsie

Dick's CEO: Decline in Gun Sales May Force Closure of Field and Stream Stores [35 stores]

In remarks made to the Goldman Sachs Retailing Conference and first reported by the Washington Free Beacon, CEO Edward Stack explained that the 3.9 percent decline in the company's sales during the third quarter could be partially attributed to its ban on the sale of assault-style rifles and on the sale of all firearms to customers under 21 years old — both of which were implemented in the wake of the Parkland shooting in February.

"Well I think it's definitely a factor, and it's nothing that we didn't anticipate," Stack said of the sales downturn during the call. "As we put out kind of our guidance for the year and our earnings guidance for the year, we knew this would happen when — we've made some decisions on firearms in the past and we've had a pretty good idea of what these consequences were going to be. We felt that was absolutely the right thing to do. We would do the same thing again if we had a mulligan, so to speak, to do it again."

Learn anything yet, asshat CEO? Seriously, a mulligan in a business setting where retail margins are slim? Probably knows zero about first mover advantage, acceleration cycles, the experience economy, and product differentiation. Investors should rebel and ask for his removal, just saying :D

Last Edited:
Dick's CEO: Decline in Gun Sales May Force Closure of Field and Stream Stores [35 stores]

Thirty-five is not a bad start, only about 815 more to go. Personally, if I was an investor I'd be pissed at a CEO (regardless if he the largest share holder) driving away business profits in the name of virtue signaling. I guess to hell with the 30,000 employees, too, what a great caring boss, but he'd do it again because it's the right thing to do. :rolleyes:

You know what we need? A store like the old GI Joe's. And for you graybeards.. a store like J.C. Higgins... Sears Roebuck.. Montgomery Ward... a department store that sells everything a man could want, guns, trucks, boats, actual sporting goods gear and down to marital assistance tools ;)
Sportsman's warehouse is the closest to it... Cabela's is close to it also...
Oh man I miss the old GI Joe's.

I've not stepped foot in a Dick's store for years, and i wish them complete failure.

But...Why is it, when BiMart has done some of the same things, they're continually hailed and applauded, even on this forum, as such a great place?:confused:

Bottom line is, if Dick's was cheaper, folks wouldn't be so much on the band wagon to boycott them.

Last Edited:
I've not stepped foot in a Dick's store for years, and i wish them complete failure.

But...Why is it, when BiMart has done some of the same things, they're continually hailed and applauded, even on this forum, as such a great place?:confused:

Bottom line is, if Dick's was cheaper, folks wouldn't be so much on the band wagon to boycott them.
Maybe because Bi-Mart is employee owned, not a mega corporation beholden to public stock investors with a board of directors? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top