JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just when I need another reason to never, ever patronize Dick's along comes this headline from the Wall Street Journal. I'm not a WSJ subscribe so can't post a link.

My guess is they're closing the hunting departments because they have no sales owing to the last bridge they burned.

Just when I need another reason to never, ever patronize Dick's along comes this headline from the Wall Street Journal. I'm not a WSJ subscribe so can't post a link.

My guess is they're closing the hunting departments because they have no sales owing to the last bridge they burned.

That's like "So What?" Should be plenty of other gun shops that will fill in the void. Plus, I doubt Dick's had anything close to reasonable prices on anything "Hunting".

They'll never feel the pain of my departure because, like the NFL, I was never a patron.

But I have to assume that there were a good number of people, gun owners, who may have never bought a gun from them (contributing to the fact that gun sales were a small part of their bottom-line) but shopped for other stuff there and now stay away completely.

About a year ago, I saw their CEO on some t.v. show whining about the 'over reaction' by AR gun owners and his stores...reap the whirlwind beatches...

About a year ago, I saw their CEO on some t.v. show whining about the 'over reaction' by AR gun owners and his stores...reap the whirlwind beatches...
Hmmmm... "overreaction", huh?
How about destroying thousands of firearms in response to a tragedy that's already happened?

He took a (mis) calculated risk and now he's complaining about US?

Predictable, sure. But as annoying and pointless as the original "gesture".

I thought this was old news?
Oh well, never shopped these wall street sellouts anyways.
Keep the mom and pops in business, or someday they will be no more.

Dicks keeps doubling down on their anti-gun antics. The good news is once they get rid of their hunting department the gun purge should be complete so then maybe, just maybe, they can finally STFU and spare the rest of us their virtue signalling BS.

They are nothing but over priced Nike, North Face, and shoes store with east coast attitude and no PNW worthy focus on specific products!
Hunting was always a Joke, and fishing much the same! Sports was Meh, and EVERY thing I would ever want/need, I can find cheaper and a much better selection elsewhere! Choke on it Dicks!

What a wuss. He made the decision, he needs to own up to it. Don't cry when you get exactly what you ask for...you know like the Oregon Republican Senators walking out because they were left with no other choice... Then Kate Brown and Co. decide to cry about it. How did they not see it coming? So childish.

Last Edited:
I quit shopping there when they stoped selling ar's plus they are ridiculously overpriced.
It's unfortunate for me that the closest sporting goods store by a longshot to where I live is Dick's. They need to open a Sportsman's Warehouse nearby.

Maybe they can finally have room for that avacado toast, warm cocoa and safe space counter. Maybe even a crying room?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top