JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If you didn't catch Dianne Feinstein's interview with John Dickerson on Face The Nation this morning I would urge you to take seven minutes to watch it here.

Dickerson did a good job in probing the inconsistencies within the proposed legislation that Ms. Feinstein has resurrected; for me, the most disappointing aspect was how vague her answers were, when she wasn't being arrogantly dismissive or evasive.

Framing the issue as a "National Security" problem, it looked like she really didn't know anything about how the administrative details of the proposed legislation would work, because she hadn't thought that far.

Ms. Feinstein referenced the Attorney General's office as being the sole authority in deciding whether a subject who'd been placed on the terror watch list should be denied a gun purchase. Mr. Dickerson asked her how far back an FBI investigation would be able to flag a purchaser in the present day; her answer was there'd be no limit. What about appeals? You can take it to "the court". Presumably the Supreme Court. (?)

She said that if FBI had ever looked at you for any reason, (hopefully other than a security clearance) no matter the outcome, going back over your whole life, that would be sufficient cause to deny any gun purchases forever. Mind you this doesn't mean an investigation that was referred for prosecution, or went to trial, or resulted in a conviction. There is no due process at all, a clear violation of the 5th and 14th amendments.

Although it may be abhorrent to contemplate watching Dianne for seven minutes, it is important for all of us to see what the author herself has to say about this legislation, as Sun Zhu said, know yourself, know your enemy.

Here is the CBS interview.
gaa.jpg

Look how old she is, she must have some sort of dementia thing or senility problem going one. God, there has to be a way to get legislation passed to limit the age these people can serve.....we got term limits, let's set an age limit too.

What could go wrong? With Obama letting in all of the new immigrants into our country and issuing them Green Cards, they will be able to arm themselves. I'm sure that this new law will help, like everything else they've proposed.

If you didn't catch Dianne Feinstein's interview with John Dickerson on Face The Nation this morning I would urge you to take seven minutes to watch it here.

Dickerson did a good job in probing the inconsistencies within the proposed legislation that Ms. Feinstein has resurrected; for me, the most disappointing aspect was how vague her answers were, when she wasn't being arrogantly dismissive or evasive.

Framing the issue as a "National Security" problem, it looked like she really didn't know anything about how the administrative details of the proposed legislation would work, because she hadn't thought that far.

Ms. Feinstein referenced the Attorney General's office as being the sole authority in deciding whether a subject who'd been placed on the terror watch list should be denied a gun purchase. Mr. Dickerson asked her how far back an FBI investigation would be able to flag a purchaser in the present day; her answer was there'd be no limit. What about appeals? You can take it to "the court". Presumably the Supreme Court. (?)

She said that if FBI had ever looked at you for any reason, (hopefully other than a security clearance) no matter the outcome, going back over your whole life, that would be sufficient cause to deny any gun purchases forever. Mind you this doesn't mean an investigation that was referred for prosecution, or went to trial, or resulted in a conviction. There is no due process at all, a clear violation of the 5th and 14th amendments.

Although it may be abhorrent to contemplate watching Dianne for seven minutes, it is important for all of us to see what the author herself has to say about this legislation, as Sun Zhu said, know yourself, know your enemy.

Here is the CBS interview.
View attachment 298211
I think its time for the NRA, Gun Owners of America and all the other gun groups to get together and tell these anti American people that we will NOT ABIDE BY ANY UNCONSTITUTIONAL LAWS THAT INFRINGE ON OUR RIGHTS. I'm sick of worrying about this! We must set them straight!!!

OMG! Count the lies! No a terrorist cannot just slip into this country and buy a gun. That Right is reserved for Citizens or legal resident aliens with a green card IIRC neither can have any felonies or disqualifying factors. No what they are proposing would have not stopped the Orlando Attack because that terrorist was NOT on any lists. Oh now she is going on about "if you were ever looked at by the FBI". What if you apply for a security clearance and the FBI checks you out? Is that going to stick you in the No Buy list? What about Hillary? Now she is just rambling on about the NRA.

...Ohh my...

According to her 99% of people on the terrorist watch list are foreign, so then if the terrorist watch list was used in a background check, they wouldn't be able to buy a gun.

Well, ummm, I believe it's already reasonably difficult for foreign nationals to buy a firearm here. That rite there should be cause for further investigation (foreign national buying a firearm).

Me thinks that if she has her way, 99% of "the list" will suddenly be law abiding US citizens.

Sad, I hope she at least read this legislation.

I think its time for the NRA, Gun Owners of America and all the other gun groups to get together and tell these anti American people that we will NOT ABIDE BY ANY UNCONSTITUTIONAL LAWS THAT INFRINGE ON OUR RIGHTS. I'm sick of worrying about this! We must set them straight!!!
Starts on the state level and compliance with SB941 and i594 in WA.

Lots of tough guy talk on this forum about "when they are illegal only criminals will have them and I'll be a criminal..." Then having "meet me at local FFL for transfer" on your classified ads.

Local - then national non compliance.

If the FBI has looked at you any time for any reason, would look bad for Hillary. A president on the terror watch list would be a twist.
I grew up in California. She never has had any respect for citizens rights and never will.

I think she believes what she says. Never mind that your Ruger 10-22 and any .22 AR15 (there are many of those) are now also "weapons of war". The FBI dropped the ball on this one, and no new law would have prevented them doing so. Just incredibly frustrating and dumb.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top