JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
... I can't make my life better with a shinny bobble.
Unless someone would like to purchase your shiny bobble, or trade for your shiny bobble.

In the event no one wishes to purchase or trade for said, wait until society returns toward placing some value on shiny bobbles. Stored family value through whatever commupance.

Mind, I'm speaking of PM's, not gems. Also, really should be a last investment practice. Once all other financials are sorted etc. Just another basket.

There has to be a market for them, without that they are worthless. Things that have a use will have value, tools, machines, coeds, durable goods of any kind. Also, simple things, like nails, screws, bailing wire, rope, things people take for granted until they run out of them.

Last Edited:
The issue with diamonds and such is they are easily faked. You need to be trained to tell a diamond from a cubic zirconia or a ruby from a garnet. PMs are not forged as easily as gems, and are not as easily mistaken for something else.

I'm planning to stay the bubblegum away from all you psychos.

The only thing I'll be shooting at are critters to eat.

Plus the CURRENT market on gems is wildly inflated.
I worked in a jewelry store and the markup was about 400 % ! On the plus side in a few months because of commission I was selling loose stones in the 10-15k range I was able to purchase a Submariner and a few other timepieces !

Last Edited:
Plus the CURRENT market on gems is wildly inflated.
That right there is the "problem". No one is saying gems will be worth nothing. Just that if you spend a lot on some to set aside you will be lucky to get pennies on the dollar back if all goes south. So you lay out huge sums of disposable cash now, for something worth pennies when you need it. Seems like a poor way to plan to me. :s0092:

That right there is the "problem". No one is saying gems will be worth nothing. Just that if you spend a lot on some to set aside you will be lucky to get pennies on the dollar back if all goes south. So you lay out huge sums of disposable cash now, for something worth pennies when you need it. Seems like a poor way to plan to me. :s0092:
I view it as another tool in the box. Yes, trading a gem for a can of spam may not be the best return on your investment, but if you are starving at the time, it'll be the best deal you ever made

No not for me...
You can't eat diamonds , they don't keep you warm...you gotta protect them ...and trying to sell / trade them , in a SHTF situation may make things worse for you.
Andy
Yet again... Bingo.. I wouldn't give to hoots about anything else when I'm starving. Brass & lead is about the metal I would care about at all. Much more utility.

I can see the merit of having some capital stored in prescious stones. Strong, small, light weight, and impervious to environmental conditions. It definitely has some considerable advantages over gold or paper money.
Uh, thats not entirely true. You can "cleave" a diamond on its molecular plane if you happen to be unlucky enough to smack it on something hard enough at just the right point and angle they will shear right in two. This three min video explains it well and shows the structure of atoms.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top