JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was interested in the DB 380 when it first came out as it looked like it might be a pretty cool little mouse gun, but got turned off fast by the early reports of multiple problems with the gun.

Does anyone have any recent experience with them or know if they have resolved their quality issues?

shot my new DB380 for the first time this weekend, first clip at 10 yards 2 bullseyes, 2 10 rings and 2 9 rings, I put 100 rounds trhu it without a problem, bought mine with night sights and realy like them

... the feed ramp and magazine to frame fit were some earlier complaints. Resolved. The trigger pull smooths out with break in.

And dang it, there's even room for a gloved finger for when it gets a little chilly 'round here.

The DB380 is a very good pocket pistol in 380; at a compromise of course, hence the mouse gun euphemism.
But, it does fit the last ditch reliable weapon category. Hides nicely in the cargo pants or IWB for summer carry.
Diamondback are an all American company and are only to happy to resolve issues ... and have done so with the latest releases.

Nothing wrong with the DB380 being striker fired. Not at all. Steel and polymer mix well.
Load the DB380 with 100gr flat nose for carry and practice - actually it will need a break in period - with 90/95gr quality factory ammo.
Crimson Trace make a laser for the DB380; think about that too. The extra weight, negligible though it maybe, does balance out the feel and has an added advantage in defense.
+1 for night sghts ...

Find one, pick it up and feel it your hand. Use and switch between your paws. Shoot it if you can.
Ping DeeYee, NWFA member; he's got one for sale (in WA though); he might be forthcoming on more info if asked.

No apologies, I prefer my SIG P238.

Last Edited:
No apologies, I prefer my SIG P238.

I originally was interested in buying a DB380 a little over a year ago when was first able to handle one at the Hillsboro Gun show, but then heard all the problems people were having with them. I ended up buying a Sig P238 SAS and so far really like it, althought you can't really compare the two as they are very different pistols.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top