JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got back from picking up my new Diamondback 9mm and figured I would share my initial impressions.

To start with this thing is tiny, being just a hair larger than the Rohrbaugh and about the same length and height as a Kahr PM9. The maximum width on the Diamondback is .81" whereas the Kahr PM9 is 1.00" across when the slide stop is included.

Slide width on the DB9 is .81", the PM9 is .91".

More pics and impression located here: DB9 vs DB380

IMG_8530.jpg

Have you fired it yet? I'm curious to know how yours works. I got mine on tuesday and shipped it back to DB today, it had major falure to feed issues.

Have not had a chance to try it out yet, hoping to sneak out tomorrow.

What ammo and how many rounds did you get through yours?

100 rounds of PMC, 100 rounds of winchester, 100 rounds of fiochi and 13 hornady critical defence. It failed with all of them. It kept stovepiping live rounds because it was grabbing in front of the rim. It did it so many time it even chipped the bottom of the feed ramp. I think the recoil spring may have been binding and causing the slide to not come back far enough. I really hope yours is ok because its a cool gun and i want to love mine. Good luck!

It has a very heavy recoil spring assembly, I wonder if trimming a bit of the spring off would help?

I too want to love this gun and really hope it works.

I'm planning on running some 147gr Winchester Ranger ammo through it, which I think would be a great choice for self defense if it functions correctly.

I got mine Monday and took it out of the box for the first time at the range an hour later, hit it with some 3in1 oil and fired off a box of the cheapest ammo the range had. 50 rounds, 0 issues. Three off us took turns and we were all easily hitting 2" patterns. No failures of any kind. Loved it and it has replaced my Kel-Tec 32 as my daily carry.

Yo Smartz id put some more thru it before you trust your life with it. I wanted this to be a great gun but before I bought it i did some online research and it seems they are having the same problems as with the db380.

Yo Smartz id put some more thru it before you trust your life with it. I wanted this to be a great gun but before I bought it i did some online research and it seems they are having the same problems as with the db380.

Agreed on shooting more than 50rds. But this gun is having nowhere near the amount of problems that the early DB380's had.

Yo Smartz id put some more thru it before you trust your life with it.

Obviously good advice. I am actually carrying both and feel a bit silly about have 2 pistols on me. But the P32 has a spare mag and laser. I have neither for the db9. I will drop the P32 when the 9mm is accessorized (and has more rounds through it). Never was completely comfortable with the 32ACP round, but the P32 sure fit the bill in all other respects. One of my sons has already claimed the P32 when I am done with it.

Here are a couple of pictures of the Pocket Holsters for the DB9 and DB9 w/CT. I will also be offering a wedge shaped holster that's better for use in jeans/dress pants.

IMG_8547.jpg

IMG_8553.jpg

There are a couple of more pictures on my blog, should have the IWB holster done Friday or Saturday.

updated with another range trip

I've also put another 100 rounds through it. 50 each PMC and Winchester. Still not a single failure of any type. My pinky finger, which was curled under the front of the mag took a beating. Had a nice mag outline on it by the end. My hands felt the effects of the recoil by the end, too, a bit tired. But groups were good, 5" at 10 yards. I'm very happy.

updated with another range trip

I've also put another 100 rounds through it. 50 each PMC and Winchester. Still not a single failure of any type. My pinky finger, which was curled under the front of the mag took a beating. Had a nice mag outline on it by the end. My hands felt the effects of the recoil by the end, too, a bit tired. But groups were good, 5" at 10 yards. I'm very happy.

Great to hear another person happy with their DB9. Still loving mine and looking forward to putting more rounds through it this weekend.

I may not have stepped up so quickly if I had a 380 that handled +P, especially if I had a laser and spare mags, etc. Spare mags are hard to find. The CT laser is the only game in town, but it has issues (see above comments). I love the DB9, but I still haven't decided to retire my P32 because of the accessories.

Crimson Trace works perfectly on the DB380. I've also got them on a Kahr CW9, Ruger LCP, Sig P238, S&W 340PD and one for the Glock 26; none have ever had a problem.

The problem with the CT and DB9 is because the dust cover is a little larger on the DB9 than compared to the DB380 that it was made for.

We'll count me in. I dropped by Brightwater today and picked up one. They hadn't even logged it in yet.

I'm struck by how similar it is built to a Glock. It is exactly the single stack 9mm that I've wanted Glock to make.

ETA - I hope someone comes out with a mag floorplate like the GAP floorplate. I may try to modify one to work like that.

Congrats.

Shot mine again today, another 71 rounds of trouble free shooting. I'm at 246 rounds, 2-3 stove pipe problems the first outing that I attribute to the Crimson Trace, but since then the last three trips have been issue free.

Loving it so much that it's quickly becoming my go to pocket gun.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top