JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Be sure to post pics of the IWB holster when it's done. I've been carrying mine around in an Uncle Mikes #3 pocket holster. It works fine but I think I'd like to try something better.

First impression is that it is heavier and bulkier than my P-3AT. I'm not quite as comfortable with it in a front pocket as the smaller, lighter 380. I don't really count this as a negative. The 380 cartridge has about half the power of the 9mm. The DB9 lets me get my entire ring finger on the grip and gives me a much more positive grip overall. I think if a 9mm could be made the size and weight of the P-3AT it would be impossible to control.

A better comparison would be with the S&W 642. The DB9 is smaller, lighter, much thinner and flatter, holds 2 more rounds of ammo with roughly the same power, and has easier reloads.

I guess I can really say it is a true pocket pistol, something I don't say lightly. But it is right at the limit for me. With the right holster in the right pants it will work fine. If I'm wearing dress slacks I'd probably want to carry it IWB.

I've been carrying mine the last week in one of my pocket holsters and have no issues at all, never felt comfortable carrying a .380 so always carried a j-frame. The DB9 is so much smaller than my j-frame that it's almost a joy to carry.

Will be working on 1 or 2 IWB holsters in the next few days.

Finished up a new pocket holster for my DB9, fits in my summer shorts pocket perfectly.

Has a thumb push built in and a hook to make sure it comes off completely. Has worked every time that I have drawn the gun practicing today.

IMG_8649.jpg

IMG_8650.jpg

IMG_8651.jpg

Here's a link to a blog with this holster and some of the newer stuff that I've done lately: RKBA Holsters: Recent Holster Work - Kydex and Leather

I just got my DB9 2 days ago and I've fired 122 rounds out of it. 100 pmc rounds did flawlessly, however the 22 rounds of Remington hollow points jammed every other round. I am looking a good hollow point round that won't jam, any suggestions? I'll write back if I have any more problems with the gun. Also the sights are great compared to the Ruger.

Thanks. I'm gonna try those tomorrow. What kind of mods do you have on the DB9?

First time out my feed ramp developed a chip in it. I filed it flush past the chip and then blended the edges with 320 grit sandpaper, since doing that it has fed everything that i have. I can even ride the slide home on the 147gr JHP's and they won't get caught on the feed ramp.

I just finished my modification to the DB9s mag floorplate. I'm a big fan of the GAP floorplates that are made for the G26/G27. I use them on a 2nd Gen G19 that I cut down to take G26 mags. It really helps me control the pistol without adding length. I think I have more control with those than having a finger extension that allows me to use my pinkie. So I wanted to make something similar for the DB9.

The floorplate has a raised area on the front half of the bottom. I cut the very front of that raised area but left the sides. Then I cut it into a dovetail. I cut up a Glock floorplate into a piece that fit into that dovetail.

Then I used epoxy to glue the two together and add some material to reinforce. Afterwards I painted it with Krylon Fusion flat black.

Hey DB9 owners,
How is the kick/hand wear for this sub compact 9mm? From thread posts of many rounds tested it must not be too bad.
When I have held DB9 in store, it felt comfortable, almost like holding a pack of playing cards, but the squareness also made me wonder on practice, getting proficient wear.
Of course very subjective - hand sizes and firing styles vary - but anything that you can compare it to?
"not as bad/similar to/worse than: S&W Ultralite 38 snubbies"
"less kick than X", "a little more kick/hand exhaustion than Y" etc?

My DB9 has more kick than my Glock 22 but less than any snubnose revolver I've shot. It's an accurate little gun too. My friend was able to hit a juice bottle from 50 yards away with his first shot. It's great for concealed carry. I've had no problems with the gun catching on my pocket when I draw. A decent pocket holster makes a difference. The DB9 is comfortable to carry and shoot.

My DB9 has more kick than my Glock 22 but less than any snubnose revolver I've shot. It's an accurate little gun too. My friend was able to hit a juice bottle from 50 yards away with his first shot. It's great for concealed carry. I've had no problems with the gun catching on my pocket when I draw. A decent pocket holster makes a difference. The DB9 is comfortable to carry and shoot.

That's the same impression that I have about the DB9, much prefer shooting it compared to my S&W 340PD.

I think the recoil of my db9 is comprable to my s&w 442. The difference is my 442 has never failed and my db9 has already gone back to diamondback and is still a pos. Maybe my expectations are to high of the gun but I expect my carry piece to function at 100% if its going to save my life. The db9 has had a falure to feed 5% of the time, thats way to many to trust my life to it. It looks alot like a glock but definately doesnt carry the reliability of one.

I looked at the DB's at the shop last week. IMO they look kinda like a single stack Glock, but feel like a PF-9. Glad to hear some are having good results with the gun. It just didn't feel like a quality firearm when I held it and the trigger was shorter than a PF-9, but certainly no where near the feel of a Glock trigger .. And, I no longer own glocks, but do feel they are nice weapons....

I shot mine a couple of weeks ago. Ran though 100 rounds or so with no issues. I redid my floorplate modification. I drilled holes through the floorplate and the chunk of plastic I added so that the epoxy would have a physical key with the plastic. The result worked great. It's plenty stout. I was amazed at how controllable the gun was. With my P-3AT I had to redo my grip after every shot. With the DB9 it was locked in my hand. Very nice.

DB9_new_base.jpg

DB9_Hand2.jpg

Aloxite - really like your floorplate. Looks good and drilling for keying was a solid (pun intended) improvement. Definitely have something there.
I haven't found gun ranges that rent sub compact 9mm to try, so guess I need to get one to see if I like it. Can always sell it here on NWF - there doesn't seem to be glut of sales - which also says something about the popularity. :)

I just had my DB9 blow up in my hand today. Thankfully I still got all my fingers, though my knuckles are bruised up. Do not put +p ammo in it! I put in 1 Corbon Powerball and the barrel exploded.

I got mine Monday and took it out of the box for the first time at the range an hour later, hit it with some 3in1 oil and fired off a box of the cheapest ammo the range had. 50 rounds, 0 issues. Three off us took turns and we were all easily hitting 2" patterns. No failures of any kind. Loved it and it has replaced my Kel-Tec 32 as my daily carry.

Same here got my db9 today at the gun show , took it the range 50 rounds . No problems.... I just got to get my grouping tighter!!!!!

Here's an update that I posted on my Blog last week.

Since my last update I have continued to shoot the DB9 once a month. Normal range trips only end up being 4-5 magazines through the DB9.

Have had 0 issues and have really liked having this gun in my rotation as a pocket gun.

This trip I had the privilege of trying out a factory DB compensated barrel thanks to Bruce from Mouse Guns & Gear. We're working on a kydex pocket holster that carries a spare magazine and Bruce wanted it to fit with the compensated barrel which he shipped to me with the offer of trying it out. I normally don't care for compensators but I'll have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the reduced muzzle flip shooting 115gr S&B FMJ. There is a good chance a compensated barrel could find it's way into my DB9.

All in all I continue to be very happy with how my DB9 works and carries. I recommend them to anybody who is willing to properly break their gun in and who uses quality practice ammo.

Here is a picture of my current pocket carry holster.

RKBA.jpg

I own 2, for those who care the manufacturer states do not shoot any rounds above 124 grain, and no +, +P, or +P+. Shooting none recommended ammo will result in damage to the weapon. It clearly states this in the owners manual and the sticker you have to remove from the trigger guard.

Jim