JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do not know why you all do not trust the Government. They have our best interest at heart.

Come to think of it Hitler was quoted by a Biographer as saying the same thing. Go figure !:s0131:

Except that Hitler actually did have a sincere interest in the future (tactics aside) of the German people, unlike the hijackers of our government

This e-mail thing is an outrageous violation of our 4th amendment

NO WAY WOULD OBOZO DO ANYTHING LIKE THIS:s0140::s0140: they said to only ones thinking he would do something like that were wearing tinfoil hats, well it looks like they were wearing the tinfoil hats and it was pulled over their eyes and plugged into their ears.
the worst part is they will stand behind him and defend his actions. (probably while they are waiting for their handout)

Same old rant, same old story - cant find a new one.

James Ruby

Same old rant, same old story - cant find a new one.

James Ruby
Same old defense of the regime that you voted for JG.

"Bush did it first" in 5, 4, 3, 2,....

"Romney would have been just as bad" in 5, 4, 3, 2,....

You guys defended this guy on the basis that this COULDN'T/WOULDN'T happen.
Yet here it is, and you're pointing fingers at those that tried to tell you, claiming their statements are old and tired, with the implication that they aren't valid.

Grow up and wake up JG.
Our privacy and our freedoms are at stake.
Yours included.

Same old defense of the regime that you voted for JG.

"Bush did it first" in 5, 4, 3, 2,....

"Romney would have been just as bad" in 5, 4, 3, 2,....

You guys defended this guy on the basis that this COULDN'T/WOULDN'T happen.
Yet here it is, and you're pointing fingers at those that tried to tell you, claiming their statements are old and tired, with the implication that they aren't valid.

Grow up and wake up JG.
Our privacy and our freedoms are at stake.
Yours included.

We dont need to rehash the same old stuff - we know what we each did and for my part knowing what I did when I voted would do it all over again. I voted for Obama and to date can think of no gun rights that I have lost. So please tell us what rights you feel we have lost?

James Ruby

So please tell us what rights you feel we have lost?

James Ruby
How about the right to privacy in electronic communications.
This is the equivalent of prison resident having all of their mail read:
DOJ: We don't need warrants for e-mail, Facebook chats | Politics and Law - CNET News
The U.S. Department of Justice and the FBI believe they don't need a search warrant to review Americans' e-mails, Facebook chats, Twitter direct messages, and other private files, internal documents reveal.

Government documents obtained by the American Civil Liberties Union and provided to CNET show a split over electronic privacy rights within the Obama administration, with Justice Department prosecutors and investigators privately insisting they're not legally required to obtain search warrants for e-mail. The IRS, on the other hand, publicly said last month that it would abandon a controversial policy that claimed it could get warrantless access to e-mail correspondence.

The U.S. attorney for Manhattan circulated internal instructions, for instance, saying a subpoena -- a piece of paper signed by a prosecutor, not a judge -- is sufficient to obtain nearly "all records from an ISP." And the U.S. attorney in Houston recently obtained the "contents of stored communications" from an unnamed Internet service provider without securing a warrant signed by a judge first.

"We really can't have this patchwork system anymore, where agencies get to decide on an ad hoc basis how privacy-protective they're going to be," says Nathan Wessler, an ACLU staff attorney specializing in privacy topics who obtained the documents through open government laws. "Courts and Congress need to step in."

The Justice Department's disinclination to seek warrants for private files stored on the servers of companies like Apple, Google, and Microsoft continued even after a federal appeals court in 2010 ruled that warrantless access to e-mail violates the Fourth Amendment. A previously unreleased version of an FBI manual (PDF), last updated two-and-a-half years after the appellate ruling, says field agents "may subpoena" e-mail records from companies "without running afoul of" the Fourth Amendment.

So apparently along with your support of the obama administration, you support the abrogation of your 4th amendment rights as well.

Interesting.
Let's see, obama's/holders DOJ is breaking the law, a law backed by a court ruling, by reading anyone's electronic communications whenever they damned well please,...
And you don't recognize the significance of that?

Please tell me you aren't REALLY that simple JG?

If we don't re-hash what you said/wrote/voted for, how will you EVER learn JG?

How about the right to privacy in electronic communications.
This is the equivalent of prison resident having all of their mail read:
DOJ: We don't need warrants for e-mail, Facebook chats | Politics and Law - CNET News

So apparently along with your support of the obama administration, you support the abrogation of your 4th amendment rights as well.

Interesting.
Let's see, obama's/holders DOJ is breaking the law, a law backed by a court ruling, by reading anyone's electronic communications whenever they damned well please,...
And you don't recognize the significance of that?

Please tell me you aren't REALLY that simple JG?

If we don't re-hash what you said/wrote/voted for, how will you EVER learn JG?

If you are going to attack Obama on gun rights then attack him. However this is about Inslees bill and that is not law as of yet. And how exactly do you tie this to the executive branch of geovenment?

James Ruby

James Ruby

If you are going to attack Obama on gun rights then attack him. However this is about Inslees bill and that is not law as of yet. And how exactly do you tie this to the executive branch of geovenment?

James Ruby
You're in the wrong thread JG.
This thread is:
DHS to Expand eMail Monitoring to Include Private Accounts

The "Inslee" thread is here:
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/le...inslee-signs-bill-registry-gun-offenders.html

So, do you REALLY pay attention to what you are arguing/voting for/about?

We dont need to rehash the same old stuff - we know what we each did and for my part knowing what I did when I voted would do it all over again. I voted for Obama and to date can think of no gun rights that I have lost. So please tell us what rights you feel we have lost?

James Ruby
I guess a failed attempt on his behalf was not enough to convince you.

Dude you need to come for air, you've had a rectal cranial inversion for far too long.

I am utterly amazed sometimes how some Democrats can not see past the end of their nose.

How many more attempts by this Administration on violations of citizens Rights/Liberties will it take for those who supported Obama to realize that they might have voter remorse or at least admit it?

GWB paved the way but Obama is following in his foot steps, two wrongs do not make a right.

The Federal government is spiralling out of control at an alarming rate since the War on Terrorism started. With no end in sight.....

My apologies - I made a mistake - multi tasking - I still stick to the cooments that I have made pertaining to Obama up to this point.

Went back an reread everything - no I am not happy about this either but let me tell you this is not new. When I worked at a now defunct telecom company here in Portland we were building and selling this technology to China and Tunisia back in the 1995 to 1998 time frame. If you dont beleive that this has been going on for many years - like longer than the last five then I beleive you are kiding yourself. I will agree that Obama is stepping this up but so has the technology around the world. Wars are now won via finance when dealing with world powers. If China wants to play with internet attacks what do you think we should do to protect ourselves - let them do it and not try to prevent it.

DO I like the sounds of this - a definitive No but is this new - again a definitive NO.

James Ruby

My apologies - I made a mistake - multi tasking - I still stick to the cooments that I have made pertaining to Obama up to this point.

Went back an reread everything - no I am not happy about this either but let me tell you this is not new. When I worked at a now defunct telecom company here in Portland we were building and selling this technology to China and Tunisia back in the 1995 to 1998 time frame. If you dont beleive that this has been going on for many years - like longer than the last five then I beleive you are kiding yourself. I will agree that Obama is stepping this up but so has the technology around the world. Wars are now won via finance when dealing with world powers. If China wants to play with internet attacks what do you think we should do to protect ourselves - let them do it and not try to prevent it.

DO I like the sounds of this - a definitive No but is this new - again a definitive NO.

James Ruby
No, this is not new news about the governments intrusion upon our lives....

The only difference is now they are admitting it right in our face and most people just do not seem to care what is going on, regardless of what Administration is doing it.

Republicans buried their heads in the sand under GWB

and Democrats are doing the same.

Until both sides figure out we are ALL getting screwed by Government, we are doomed.

Went back an reread everything - no I am not happy about this either but let me tell you this is not new. When I worked at a now defunct telecom company here in Portland we were building and selling this technology to China and Tunisia back in the 1995 to 1998 time frame. If you dont beleive that this has been going on for many years - like longer than the last five then I beleive you are kiding yourself. I will agree that Obama is stepping this up but so has the technology around the world.<snip>

James Ruby
That's all well and good JG, but we here in the U.S. have always prided ourselves on the FACT that we are NOT China and Tunisia.
But obama and holder are quickly taking us there.

And to say "GWB started it!" Is not a valid argument either. From the article I posted above, we learn that this was challenged in the appeals court as recently as 2010, and the DOJ LOST!
The Justice Department's disinclination to seek warrants for private files stored on the servers of companies like Apple, Google, and Microsoft continued even after a federal appeals court in 2010 ruled that warrantless access to e-mail violates the Fourth Amendment. A previously unreleased version of an FBI manual (PDF), last updated two-and-a-half years after the appellate ruling, says field agents "may subpoena" e-mail records from companies "without running afoul of" the Fourth Amendment.

Under Patriot Act guidelines, the court decision trumps the DOJ's "subpoena" argument.
A subpoena does NOT constitute due process, and the fact that we have an Attorney General that ignores that should have you hollering from the rooftops.

But then again Fast and Furious should have too, but you are here, again, attempting to justify your obama vote with:
"China and Tunisia have been doing it for years."

So you voted for the policies of China and Tunisia,...

Does that tell you ANYTHING?

I indicated that this has been going on for many years in the US - wether you like it or not the only difference is that it is now being made public and lets see who signed into law the Patriot Bill in the first place? I am not proud of my government with the Fasrt and Furious action but lets see - there was something about linebacker and again who was repsonsible for that one. Oh yea undr whose presidency was it determined that they did not need to get FSA approval pertaining to wire tapping because ti took too long even though the warrant could eb issued after the fact. I will be the last to agree with many things Obama has done but I cannnot think of any president I agreed with 100%.

You cant really be that thick or are you.

James Ruby

I indicated that this has been going on for many years in the US - wether you like it or not the only difference is that it is now being made public and lets see who signed into law the Patriot Bill in the first place? I am not proud of my government with the Fasrt and Furious action but lets see - there was something about linebacker and again who was repsonsible for that one. Oh yea undr whose presidency was it determined that they did not need to get FSA approval pertaining to wire tapping because ti took too long even though the warrant could eb issued after the fact. I will be the last to agree with many things Obama has done but I cannnot think of any president I agreed with 100%.

You cant really be that thick or are you.

James Ruby
Hopefully, you are least seeing that on the Federal level it makes no difference whether you vote for a Republican or Democrat.

Either way, you are voting for the Two Headed political monster that has taken us down this path.

Both parties are guilty of what we see today in the Federal government.

It is pointless for people from either side to argue/bicker about who started what.

This only fuels the fire even more towards the separation of the People and helps keep the charade that one political party is better than the other.

This is exactly what the man behind the curtain is hoping for, to keep the citizenry arguing amongst themselves while they both screw you slowly out of your rights and liberties one step at a time.

Who is "that thick?
Try reading that paragraph you wrote, above that question you asked, (that you punctuated without a question mark) and see if you can determine who is "that thick?"

The Patriot act got challenged on many levels and in many courts. Most of it passed muster, much to my dismay.
But only obama's DOJ has flat-out ignored the court's directive(s).

Just because you built eavesdropping technology here and sold it to China and Tunisia doesn't mean it "has been going on here for years."

Fast and Furious was unique in the gun smuggling game JG, in that the obama DOJ made no attempt to track the guns.

Obama said repeatedly he wanted The Patriot Act repealed. And then, after two years with a democrat congress and a senate supermajority, he strengthened it, and centralized power in the White House.

Which means he lied. Repeatedly.
And you have been in here ever since either arguing for his re-election, or trying to justify to all of us why you did it, by making strawman arguments.

Enough is enough JG.
Please stop embarrassing yourself with silly arguments and near- incomprehensible statements/paragraphs.

I recognize that there are many things the Democrats are doing today that I disagree with - not all democrats and that there are many republicans trying to do the right thing but not all based on what I beleive to be correct. I have nver been really happy with Obama and this is one more thing that bothers me. It is not fair to blame all these things on one president - precedence have been made through out history, previous laws and choices effect the choices that are made today. I know on this gun board Obama is not popular but in my opinion it is better than the Romney / Ryan ticket. We will never know for sure. I know this that this country is not getting better in my eyes or even staying close to the same. I do know this things will change and as more people are added with varying opinions laws will be passed that I agree with or dont. I am certain that any law I think is good others will dislike and visa versa. The fact is that no one stays in politics for doing right thing but rather adding digits to thier bank accounts. Who would spend millions of dollars to get elected if there was no financial profit to be made. I may not like the majority of our leaders but one thing that cannot be denied is that in most cases they are not ignorant - they are very well educated with their own well being as the primary motivation of thier actions.

James Ruby

Jamie I am goingt to try and respond to your email by keeping it simple.
Just a reminder - this is not english class, if you want punctuation I will send you an english grammar book. I really dont care in a chat wether it meets your punctual standards.

There would be no Patriot Bill if it wasnt for GW in the first place.

Ok I admit Obama lied - I cant denie that - just like he did with GITMO. I am not happy about that.

You are naieve if you think it wasnt being used on us - I am even willing to bet that a regime that would do illegal wire tapping probably used it as well.

I am not suportive of the Justice department with the FAST and FUrious fiasco but that has never been traced back to the president - unless you have hard evidence otherwise. Obama has certainly used it to his advantage however.

Your jsut upset because your guy lost for the second time - get over it. Better luck next time.

James Ruby

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top