JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"It's forced us...to use ammunition more economically."

OMG you mean conserve !! I can't believe I heard that from somebody that uses someone else's money to operate. Never seemed to worry about it before.

Can somebody show exactly when the DHS has actually PURCHASED 1.6B rds, I know several contracts have been awarded, but they were over 5 years not all at one.

If the ammunition manufacturers had a shred of decency they'd sell to civilians first. Too bad they need to be federally licensed and taking a moral stand would see their licenses yanked.

If the ammunition manufacturers had a shred of decency they'd sell to civilians first. Too bad they need to be federally licensed and taking a moral stand would see their licenses yanked.

10-4 on the licenses being yanked. The way I understand NDAA; it kind of trumps any wise ideas like not selling to the government. When Fukushima-Daiichi blew, KI4U.com sales were taken over by the Feds. KI4U told me in an email that my potassium iodide (KI) order was one of the last 10 orders to make it out ahead of the takeover.

KI4U rarely sells directly to the public now; most orders go through their distributors and the prices are higher.

So that's where all my .22LR is going. I've had a hard time finding .357 magnum, 44 magnum, 45 long colt and hell even .30-06. What's DHS doing with all of that? Why can't I find it form suppliers who don't have gov't contracts? For that matter, where's all the 9mm doesn't DHS shoot .40S&W?

That contract was not for that amount to be delivered at once, but for "up to" that much ammo to be locked in at that price for the next 5 to 10 years depending on which contract. The shortages are because civilians are buying up everything they can get their hands on. I've seen stores keep getting their regular weekly or biweekly shipments, but people buy them out within 24 hours. All this talk of DHS stocking up is just fueling the panic buying even more.

The only impact the government is having on demand is scaring gun owners with talk of bans or adding on expensive taxes or cutting internet sales.

That contract was not for that amount to be delivered at once, but for "up to" that much ammo to be locked in at that price for the next 5 to 10 years depending on which contract. The shortages are because civilians are buying up everything they can get their hands on. I've seen stores keep getting their regular weekly or biweekly shipments, but people buy them out within 24 hours. All this talk of DHS stocking up is just fueling the panic buying even more.

The only impact the government is having on demand is scaring gun owners with talk of bans or adding on expensive taxes or cutting internet sales.

This. I would only add that gun sales have skyrocketed, and when people buy guns, they buy ammo.

Blame it on TAX refund, a lotbof people recieving tax refund the las 3 months. They spend their tax refund on guns stuffs. Once tax over everything will be back on the shelf again.

If I had a AR 15 which I do not (evil guns), I would get an 5.45x39 upper for it around 550 to 600 each ammo still cheep 1080rd Can $180 each 2 spam cans would come in a nice wooden case pick up 4 cases for $1000. Ups driver will hate you if you order 5 cases at the same time.

Stop using truth and logic in a discussion about how the government is evil.

So that's where all my .22LR is going. I've had a hard time finding .357 magnum, 44 magnum, 45 long colt and hell even .30-06. What's DHS doing with all of that? Why can't I find it form suppliers who don't have gov't contracts? For that matter, where's all the 9mm doesn't DHS shoot .40S&W?

Large goverment contracts in 5.56x45, 9mm, and of course 40 caliber, take priority over 22lr, 45lc etc.

Probably more people are reloading than before,but I think the biggest attribute to the shortage is the profiteers.It's not like the country is just short on ammo,it's short on everything firearm related.

Large goverment contracts in 5.56x45, 9mm, and of course 40 caliber, take priority over 22lr, 45lc etc.

Perhaps in your area. In my area the stores have actually advertised how they've increased the amount of stock they're bringing in. Yet the shelves are still empty unless you get there in the first few hours it's been put out. Those people flocking to the stores aren't government agents. Work flew me down to Dallas/Fort Worth last week. I wandered into a Cabella's down there to kill some time (God they have an amazing animal display there). They also had a sign up apologizing that despite increased shipments, high customer demand was forcing them to place a 100 round limit on 22LR purchases. So I'm pretty confident it's not just my region either.

FBI is buying $100,000,000 over the next 5 years. At 25 cents a round that would be 400,000,000 million rounds. 80,000,000 rounds a year.

I don't rely on infowars or Alex Jones I read them and look for other source to back them up.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top