JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is a document that was given to a lady by a US Marine. Authenticity has not been verified, but seems likely. Hope Im not violating the T&C of this website, but it does talk about gun registration. Heres a bit of it.......
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
7 April 2009
(U) Prepared by the Extremism and Radicalization Branch, Homeland Environment Threat Analysis
Division. Coordinated with the FBI.
(U) Scope
(U//FOUO) This product is one of a series of intelligence assessments published by the
Extremism and Radicalization Branch to facilitate a greater understanding of the
phenomenon of violent radicalization in the United States. The information is
provided to federal, state, local, and tribal counterterrorism and law enforcement
officials so they may effectively deter, prevent, preempt, or respond to terrorist attacks
against the United States. Federal efforts to influence domestic public opinion must be
conducted in an overt and transparent manner, clearly identifying United States
Government sponsorship.

should be released to the media, the general public, or over non-secure Internet servers. Release of this information could adversely affect or jeopardize
investigative activities.
(U) Warning: This document is UNCLASSIFIED//FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY (U//FOUO). It contains information that may be exempt from public release under the
Freedom of Information Act (5 U.S.C. 552). It is to be controlled, stored, handled, transmitted, distributed, and disposed of in accordance with DHS policy relating to
FOUO information and is not to be released to the public, the media, or other personnel who do not have a valid need-to-know without prior approval of an authorized
DHS official. State and local homeland security officials may share this document with authorized security personnel without further approval from DHS.
(U) All U.S. person information has been minimized. Should you require the minimized U.S. person information, please contact the DHS/I&A Production Branch at
[email protected], [email protected], or [email protected].

(U) Key Findings
(U//LES) The DHS/Office of Intelligence and Analysis (I&A) has no specific
information that domestic rightwing* terrorists are currently planning acts of violence,
but rightwing extremists may be gaining new recruits by playing on their fears about
several emergent issues. The economic downturn and the election of the first
African American president present unique drivers for rightwing radicalization and
recruitment.
— (U//LES) Threats from white supremacist and violent antigovernment groups
during 2009 have been largely rhetorical and have not indicated plans to carry
out violent acts. Nevertheless, the consequences of a prolonged economic
downturn—including real estate foreclosures, unemployment, and an inability
to obtain credit—could create a fertile recruiting environment for rightwing
extremists and even result in confrontations between such groups and
government authorities similar to those in the past.
— (U//LES) Rightwing extremists have capitalized on the election of the first
African American president, and are focusing their efforts to recruit new
members, mobilize existing supporters, and broaden their scope and appeal
through propaganda, but they have not yet turned to attack planning.
(U//FOUO) The current economic and political climate has some similarities to the
1990s when rightwing extremism experienced a resurgence fueled largely by an
economic recession, criticism about the outsourcing of jobs, and the perceived threat to
U.S. power and sovereignty by other foreign powers.
— (U//FOUO) During the 1990s, these issues contributed to the growth in the
number of domestic rightwing terrorist and extremist groups and an increase in
violent acts targeting government facilities, law enforcement officers, banks,
and infrastructure sectors.
— (U//FOUO) Growth of these groups subsided in reaction to increased
government scrutiny as a result of the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing and
disrupted plots, improvements in the economy, and the continued U.S. standing
as the preeminent world power.
(U//FOUO) The possible passage of new restrictions on firearms and the return of
military veterans facing significant challenges reintegrating into their communities
could lead to the potential emergence of terrorist groups or lone wolf extremists
capable of carrying out violent attacks.
* (U) Rightwing extremism in the United States can be broadly divided into those groups, movements, and
adherents that are primarily hate-oriented (based on hatred of particular religious, racial or ethnic groups),
and those that are mainly antigovernment, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or
rejecting government authority entirely. It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a
single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration.

— (U//FOUO) Proposed imposition of firearms restrictions and weapons bans
likely would attract new members into the ranks of rightwing extremist groups,
as well as potentially spur some of them to begin planning and training for
violence against the government. The high volume of purchases and
stockpiling of weapons and ammunition by rightwing extremists in anticipation
of restrictions and bans in some parts of the country continue to be a primary
concern to law enforcement.
— (U//FOUO) Returning veterans possess combat skills and experience that are
attractive to rightwing extremists. DHS/I&A is concerned that rightwing
extremists will attempt to recruit and radicalize returning veterans in order to
boost their violent capabilities.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think you can download the entire 10 pages here......

http://www.wikiupload.com/comment.php?id=115134

So they are concerned that they may recruit and "radicalize" military veterans in order to boost their violent capabilities? Does the oath we took to "protect and defend the Constitution from ALL enemies, foreign AND domestic" mean you are a "radical" if you oppose the very government that is attempting to dispose of the Constitution altogether for a UN-NWO-International Law way of doing things?

News flash... as far as I'm concerned that oath I took back in 1985 did NOT end with my tour of service in 1993. I'll oppose domestic Constitutional enemies (whatever office or title they hold) at the ballot box FIRST, then raise the "bar" IF they do it FIRST... like kicking in my door for my firearms.

I was reading some of the blogs attached to the Oath Keepers site. Someone mentioned a pdf file that maintained that returning veterans were going to be a threat and that was attached to the official push to ban firearms. So I checked out the address given and sure as poop, on the bottom of page two and the top of page three there is specific reference to the veterans and the proposed legislation efforts. see ' images.logicsix.com/DHS_RWE.pdf ' It prints up real nice in a four color unclassified DHS Assessment titled, 'Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment'.

http://images.logicsix.com/DHS_RWE.pdf

This would tend to make one scratch their heads till they remove hair. An extreme game of what came first, the chicken or the egg?

Interesting. Sounds like the Fed Gov is a little scared of the soldiers they are training. As well they should be, considering the soldiers swore to uphold the Constitution, not special interests. Very interesting times we live in..

Just found a comment on another site that I thought was noteworthy:

"How funny that gun owners are a threat to the government yet we where granted our "God given" right to have them (amongst other reasons) to have as a tool to fight tyranny.

When I am branded a terrorist by owning a gun, I know my government has overstepped its bounds. PERIOD.

They are right to be afraid.....They have a habit of creating enemies.

Besides; we THE PEOPLE have more guns than they do and no tank or bomber can operate forever without supplies. "

Think this guy is right?

I was reading some of the blogs attached to the Oath Keepers site. Someone mentioned a pdf file that maintained that returning veterans were going to be a threat and that was attached to the official push to ban firearms. So I checked out the address given and sure as poop, on the bottom of page two and the top of page three there is specific reference to the veterans and the proposed legislation efforts. see ' images.logicsix.com/DHS_RWE.pdf ' It prints up real nice in a four color unclassified DHS Assessment titled, 'Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment'.

http://images.logicsix.com/DHS_RWE.pdf

This would tend to make one scratch their heads till they remove hair. An extreme game of what came first, the chicken or the egg?

Hey Friend, the link you posted is busted... any chance of you posting that PDF document so the rest of us can have a look?

Yup, your right it's broken. send your email and I'll send you what I've saved, the file I have is to big to post here.

Got the PDF you sent, thanks!

Both of the new links are working, thanks for posting them, guys.

I take SPECIAL EXCEPTION to this develpoment as I'm an U.S. Army veteran (with kill-skills) who advocates minimal (but not a total lack of) "goobermint" intrusion, and although I'm not above physically defending my 2nd Amendment RIGHTS if they ever come "door to door" in an ATTEMPT to take it away, I would NEVER consider pulling a "Timothy McVeigh " in any way, shape or form.

"It is one thing when unreasoning panic strikes the popular imagination of a portion of the common people.

It is quite another and much more dangerous thing when it seizes the minds of national security government bureaucrats and law enforcement agents with guns.

When THEY react without thinking and falsely label the portion of the populace who in all other times are their most steadfast friends, they force upon us the worst of all worlds -- a landscape of frightened power without reason. And people die as a result. People most surely die.

History proves this beyond argument. The prospect of a politicized national security heirarchy leaping at shadows is for me the most ominous event in an administration which has thus far made a cottage industry of ominous events.

What will this country look like in three more months? Six more months? Another year?

The collective unreason embodied in the MIAC Report and the DHS screed on so-called "right wing extremists" would be hysterically funny were it not deadly dangerous.

Yet, what are we to do? How do we throw cold water in the faces of frightened anonymous bureaucrats and tell them to "get a grip"? The truth is, we cannot.

Thus these panicked partisans fulfill their own prophecy. They take law-abiding people who are already suspicious of the government's competence and motives and provide evidence that convinces the citizenry that their suspicions are fully justified.

Normally the people should be able to count on the adult supervision in the Congress to prevent a reckless executive branch from compounding its error. Nixon and Clinton come to mind.

But in the present circumstance the hysteria is fully embraced by the Democrat leadership in Congress and by the talking heads of the liberal media.

There ARE NO ADULTS on this playground and the frightened bully has a submachine gun."

more...

Here is a letter to JN. I wonder why our Congress critters did not sign it.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/content.newsok.com/documents/a18dhsletter.pdf

My buddy at work said that Bush had the very same thing to say about left wing people. This not being the same thing I understand, Bush never accused this own men in uniform, just crazy lefties without any real power. Can anyone confirm this?

You mean crazy lefties who like to burn-out logging company's trucks and buildings (Tre' Arrow)... and crazy lefties that like to harass, threaten, and destroy the private property of LEGAL businesses (Schumacher Furs in Portland)?.... and the the members of E.L.F. and A.L.F. that do the same tactics as well?

Yeah, I'd say those of THAT ilk are leftist-terrorists that need to be watched... and dealt with. ;)

You mean crazy lefties who like to burn-out logging company's trucks and buildings (Tre' Arrow)... and crazy lefties that like to harass, threaten, and destroy the private property of LEGAL businesses (Schumacher Furs in Portland)?.... and the the members of E.L.F. and A.L.F. that do the same tactics as well?

Yeah, I'd say those of THAT ilk are leftist-terrorists that need to be watched... and dealt with. ;)

+1. Good point.

This cartoon was printed in the Opinion Editorial section of the Woodburn Independant... that about nails it on the head!!

683937.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads