JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Battle Ground WA -

http://www.oregonlive.com/business/index.ssf/2014/05/battle_ground-area_grandpa_sho.html

"Sheriff's deputies responded at 1 a.m. to reports of shots fired at a home on the 17000 block of Northeast 280th Street. Bill Bicknell told police he heard noises in his home and fired off a shotgun to scare away a teen whom he discovered exiting an upper story window, deputies said. The authorities said they determined Bicknell's granddaughter, who lives in the home, had invited over several teens, all of whom fled when they heard Bicknell approaching."

This ended up in my DGU filters - but not sure it fits - If they "bad guys" are leaving, you can't shoot at them. When they are leaving you are no longer defensive. There are very few an narrow allowable ways to shoot at that time.

The homeowner has been charged with assault. Which sounds about right to me.

a fleeing bad guy is not always without threat, a more correct statement is that "once the threat has subsided and you are no longer threatened you need to stop", imagine that the bad guy has a gun and is pointing at you pulling the trigger while fleeing.....clearly you are still threatened, not sure they even need to be pulling the trigger, just pointing it in your general direction could be enough to be threatened.

they need to have

-opportunity
-ability
-intent

If they have all three, they are a threat....I did not read the article, but unarmed bad guys one story below you running away do not meet the criteria of opportunity, ability, and intent.

I guess males jumping out of a 15 year old girls bedroom window at 1 in the morning is a no cause for concern. She's just curious is all, no reason to suspect any sort of foul play. I'm sure the guys were harmless. Sheesh, these people need to get a life. Besides, if there were any shenanigans going on, it was most likely consensual. Isn't that what jumpin joe was saying to the military just a few days ago? And isn't that how the village raises children now?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top