JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Had both eyes done a week apart in 2018. Age 67. No "waiting for it to get bad enough". Had the left done and thought the right was OK,
2 days after the left I was looking left/right/left and realized the right was noticeably worse than the new one--called and scheduled
it for 4 days later. Left eye was in and out in 42 minutes. Right took a little over an hour--someone was late back from lunch.
Medicare, Blue Cross "advantage" plan to fill in the gaps. Around $300 per eye out of pocket.
Wife had both of hers done early this year, second one just beat the Covid shutdown on elective procedures. Age 68.
Pacific Cataract and Laser Center in Tualatin.

If you are already noticing decreased vision that is bothersome by Medicare standards that is bad enough. The eligibility has to do more with loss of adequate vision and less a specific standard. I am a big fan of pcli in tualitin and specifically dr choe.

Too much anxiety & plain ignorant fear delayed my eventual yielding to reality.
Great surgeon and immediate huge improvement in every aspect of my life. I lost some good years dithering about the 'what ifs' that rarely happen. In my mid- 60s, I could see good enough to have best range match scores of my life.

solution? Slight cloud in the right eye which interfers with sigting; thinking surgery is 3-5 years out. Doctor suggsted shooting with left eye, but I am right handed and right eye dominate. I do have several lever and several semi-auto but none are magnum calibers for hunting elk. The calibers are 30 30, 44 mag, 308 and 30 06. Age 72.

All of my bolt guns and my semi-autos are scoped and that helps considerably. I thought of purchasing an illuminated dot or reticle and am wondering if any one has that experience. Doctor just ordered bifocal glasses thought to help me see the front sight on a pistol or iron sights on rifle. Any ideas? Any special eye drops that are helpful?

Had both eyes done, the second one this year. I see so much better, have the lightest prescription glasses now that I've ever had. I can see the computer screen and read well without glasses (opted for the single, distance vision lenses).

I highly recommend getting cataracts removed with the lens implants, and also highly recommend the sedation ;) Did the sedation the first time, good to go. Opted for no sedation the second time and that was a MISTAKE. Take the drugs, trust me. Not too painful, but more than a little uncomfortable.

I had both eyes done 7-10 years ago. First eye cost 4k,
second 4.5k. I could of waited a few years for insurance.
But I would rather see.

At 73 I had surgery on both eyes. It is good to see again. After I had my surgery my brother and his wife could not wait to have it done.

My eye doctor mentioned to me that this is likely in my near future the last time I got a new prescription. Looks sort of cringe but all the positive stories make me want to do it sooner rather than later despite the cringe factor:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top