JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody have one?
I'm strongly considering buying a 1952 GMC 6x6..
I know they are completely impractical and ridiculous, but certainly not useless.
My wife thinks I'm nuts..but I have the cash,a place to park it,and a wild imagination.

Maybe mount a plow on it to clear streets ( snow,garbage,commies?)

Anyone have any experience with these?

I guess I should add that I'm a mechanic, and have owned and worked on many old vehicles dating back to the 1920s..and gas mileage be damned..

Had a LMTV ( the new replacement for the Duce.5) and loved it. Have a 6X6 Mack Dump Truck, Much more useful, but not as cool! Also have a 1986 Pacific P-12 ( Former) Logging truck project that I want to make a 6X6 tractor out of with an end dump trailer to replace the Mack! Projects, Projects!:D

#2 son rejected all warnings & catcalls on his H1 hummer fantasy.....it proved to be even less practical & more costly than even the wildest predictions. I knew a LGS owner who figured the deuce would be good for transport of his displays. It was so slow he had to hire extra help to wrangle it as well as have mechanical on standby.

If you haven't yet had your mechanical fantasy crushed at least once, go for it. God have mercy on your bank account.:rolleyes:o_O:cool:

I have a good buddy that had one and it was a beast. Not a highway roller by any means but dam near unstoppable offroad and in very very deep mud. Electric system is 24v and was the one of the big issues it had. It was so bad that he gutted the harness and rewired the whole thing. A few seals were weepy/dry from sitting for who knows how long. Steering was solid but built for a mans man with no power steering and motor parts were a bit more expensive and sometime tuff to source. He sold it and got a 5 ton with the Cummins and wishes he just bit the bullet and did the 5t right off the bat.

I really like the M-905, but they are beastly! I have a set of RHINO 9 ton axles for my Pacific along with the transfer case from a M-916 to make it all work! BTW, I'm running the "Stock" Cat V-8 16.9L

Son got a wild hair and bought one a few years back. Novelty for a while, no real practical use for him, and the damn thing kept breaking down, (electrical mostly) and he kept calling me to come rescue his azz.

Traded it for a Barrett .50, which was another novelty, expensive to shoot and hardly practical for a young man with wife and baby. Shot it a few times and sold it for cash.

May I suggest finding a 4x4 Bobbed deuce and half instead? Not too sure if re engining with newer and installing a new allison transmission is easy or not... I don't see why it shouldn't be possible...

On the other hand.. try finding a Dodge WC or M37 4x4, smaller than the Deuce, but just as cool and more practical?

Party poopers!
Honestly, the older I get,the less I want to screw with this stuff..
I have a couple motorcycles and an old Comet to work on,so I guess I'll stick to those!
Thanks for the advice.

May I suggest finding a 4x4 Bobbed deuce and half instead? Not too sure if re engining with newer and installing a new allison transmission is easy or not... I don't see why it shouldn't be possible...

On the other hand.. try finding a Dodge WC or M37 4x4, smaller than the Deuce, but just as cool and more practical?
Gotta agree here. I have a pair of WC's, unbeatable and unstoppable. Easy to work on and easy to get parts for, and seriously cool, ether as a barn find, or totally restored. If it runs, it works! My 42 Half Cab Truck is fast becoming my very favorite, and my 46 is almost too nice to use as a truck, but use it I do! Both are Cummins IBT 3.9 Powered, he 42 with a 6 speed and the 46 with a overdrive auto!:)

@STUKA My wife's ex lives just down McLoughlin from Milwaukie and has built a bunch of bobbed 4x4 off of the 6x6. If you're serious,PM me and I'll see about hooking you guys up.

@STUKA My wife's ex lives just down McLoughlin from Milwaukie and has built a bunch of bobbed 4x4 off of the 6x6. If you're serious,PM me and I'll see about hooking you guys up.

I've seen his work and its incredible..thing is,I dont have that kind of cash!
I appreciate the offer:)

Soo...what if you bought it, yank the motor, tranny, and electrics then dump in more reliable, more modern equipment? Cummins or Cat diesel, 6 speed manual... if you have cash to burn, why not? Yank that water tank and make it a cargo bed, or build a camper out of it, or mobile hot tub, or whatever. :D

Tell me this isn't sexy!
1942_Dodge_Power_Wagon_WC-13_Front_resize.jpg
Mine isn't this nice yet, but getting there!
Here is mine!
maxresdefault.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top