JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
have any of you guys tried any of those detox juices? I am having a hard time dropping weight so I thought id try this before starting up again. If you have done this, id love to know what you used.

I find if you stop eating, the weight just falls off... I lost 50 lbs when I stopped drinking soda, and another 40lbs when I stopped eating fast food. Thing you need to look out for with most juices, they are full of sugar, which won't help.

Minimize the carbs, maximize the protein! My favorite dinner is steak or chicken on salad with no spuds, rice or other carbs. The only bread I'm eating is one slice at breakfast (cracked whole grain) and, sometimes an open faced sandwich at lunch. Have things like pre-cut raw veggies, hard boiled eggs and tree nuts on hand. It keeps me out of the carbs! Wish I could say that the pounds are flying off but it's still a beach! Oh, one more thing. Once a week I have a dessert, sometimes two weeks. Really satisfies the cravings for a sweet. Makes the rest of the week easier, having something to look forward to!
The very best of luck to you!

Last Edited:
yeah, im doing Paleo. I didi it for a month back in Aug and lost like 25 lbs in a month, Now though its not quite going down as fast, or as much as before.

I juice, eat whole foods, and make healthy smoothies, and walk at least 30 minutes a day 5 days a week. I've lost 60lbs on a 44 year olds metabolism.

We're doing couch to 5K as soon as daylight savings time starts.

Up your physical activity. I'm doing T25 and have seen enormous improvement in endurance, muscle tone and cleaned up my mid-section pretty well too. I did not follow their nutrition guide and ate everything I desired. I noticed on weeks when I stick with high protein/low carb food intake the results are amazing. I am entering their Gamma stage (last 4 weeks out of 14 week schedule) and will make the commitment to high protein/low carb nutrition plan for all 4 weeks to maximize results.

Those prepared "detox juices" are just honey water or somesuch.
If you do Netflix, there's a neat film called Fat, Sick and Almost Dead or somesuch. It's about juicing to reset your body in preparation for healthier eating.. I'd juice over that snake oil.
Good luck.

If you go with a juice fast make sure you watch what you eat when you complete your timeline of it, several people i know gained what they lost plus some cuz they went right back to eating garbage..on the plus side my wifes been on it for a couple weeks and has lost somewhere around 25-30 lbs...

Just drop a table spoon of salt into a qt of water, hammer it and prepare to s**t your brains out for an hour or so. It takes about 30-45 mins to set in and when it does your gonna be s**ting for a while. This is great for detoxifying your system, but if you really wanna loose crucial weight you just have to eat less calories than you burn through the day. Start their and worry about crazy work out plans and diet/life style changes after those baby steps get taken. And if your not exercising try to get out on a walk once a day.

Just drop a table spoon of salt into a qt of water, hammer it and prepare to s**t your brains out for an hour or so. It takes about 30-45 mins to set in and when it does your gonna be s**ting for a while. This is great for detoxifying your system, but if you really wanna loose crucial weight you just have to eat less calories than you burn through the day. Start their and worry about crazy work out plans and diet/life style changes after those baby steps get taken. And if your not exercising try to get out on a walk once a day.

I think you mean epsom salts... normal table salt doesn't have the same "purgative" effect.

I've done this in the past to treat food poisoning... activated charcoal followed by epsom salts. To call it unpleasant might be a bit of an understatement, but it kinda solves that problem of having to go to the toilet every 5 minutes when you've got the squirts, and after about an hour there's nothing left in your digestive tract but charcoal and you feel much better, albeit a bit hungry.

i think you need to be careful when asking advice like this. as for your OP, there is no study that shows the detox drinks do anything healthy for you, some even show harmful effects. they are really only useful when you are trying to flush THC from your system while job hunting.

you should talk to your DR. about diet options and consider the food you are normally consuming. otherwise a good rule of thumb is to eat until satisfied, not until you are full but its not the best way.

could try the honey, cinnamon, apple cider vinegar mix - supposed to detox and help with diet.
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
combine in glass of water, add a bit of lemon juice if desired.

haven't tried it myself but know a few who said it helped them break weight loss plateaus.

i think you need to be careful when asking advice like this. as for your OP, there is no study that shows the detox drinks do anything healthy for you, some even show harmful effects. they are really only useful when you are trying to flush THC from your system while job hunting.

you should talk to your DR. about diet options and consider the food you are normally consuming. otherwise a good rule of thumb is to eat until satisfied, not until you are full but its not the best way.

Detox and the like are generally fad terms people throw out there when trying to lose weight... Thinking if they did something other than the obvious more weight would go on/off/where you want it etc. I mean, who wants to not eat food or do a bunch of exercises in the heat? Wouldn't it just be easier to drink something horrible tasting? Saline lavage (a fancy word for causing your digestive system to empty itself through your rectum) will make you lose weight, the weight of everything in your digestive system. If you live or work in the zipcode of 20004, chances are you could lose significant weight this way. However, I wouldn't recommend it unless you actually have a digestive issue.

for me, it was wanting to start clean..If I begin a diet, or a new regimen, I like to start clean. Either by " detox " or by fast.

A good detox will be no salt , sugar, starchy carbs or meat. Lots and lots of water and veggies. At about day 3 I felt like I had the flu and it lasted for two days. After that I felt like superman. I'll drop 10 lbs when I do one but man it's painful.

What I found from these detoxes and eating paleo is that my reaction to potatoes is pretty severe. I cut those and do no carbs after lunch and I'm good. The detox gives you a good baseline when you add in dietary pieces a little at a time. The scale tells you what you have a negative reaction to.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top