JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
City
Kitsap
State
Washington
Looking for parts. They were made here in WA so someone must be sitting a some pieces.

Detonics14.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Oooh! That's a rare one. I remember when they were new. I would think most parts were either stock or modified 1911 parts. I have at times seen parts listed on eBay, Gunbroker, etc.

Some info can be found if you dig through the interwebs. As I remember Safari Arms in Arizona bought Detonics and moved the company down there. I could be wrong. Hopefully there are some old-timers here with more detailed info.

The "new" Detonics company looks like it is gone, but you might find someone here:

Wow, thanks for the responses!

I'm familiar with the history and the parts interchangeability.

Don't have facebook.

Bought all the stainless mags and a hammer off Numrich; no parts on their site that I need really.

This is what it looked like on the auction site:

Det1a.jpg det2.png

Right now I'm troubleshooting some problems.

I've been in touch with a great guy named Bill Frenette who seems very knowledgeable.

I'm hoping to locate a couple more Detonics mags (the Numrich ones are TripleK) and maybe a slide.

I've been in touch with a great guy named Bill Frenette who seems very knowledgeable.

I'm hoping to locate a couple more Detonics mags (the Numrich ones are TripleK) and maybe a slide.

Detonics mags

Send me a PM with what you're looking for.

Richard Neimer was my 1911 mentor, and ended up with all his tools and Detonics parts when he passed.

I've been helping Detonics folks with parts, still have some left...but not a lot.

Why are you looking for a slide? Unless there is significant pitting that isn't obvious in the photo's it would be an easy refinish. The only issue may be having to have the left hand slide markings redone. Would need to find an engraving shop with a parallelogram engraver. Don't remember what font we used however the engraving shop should be able to identify it.
Finishing frames and slides was one of my fortes during my days at Detonics.
Ed

Why are you looking for a slide? Unless there is significant pitting that isn't obvious in the photo's it would be an easy refinish. The only issue may be having to have the left hand slide markings redone. Would need to find an engraving shop with a parallelogram engraver. Don't remember what font we used however the engraving shop should be able to identify it.
Finishing frames and slides was one of my fortes during my days at Detonics.
Ed
There's some metal missing from the slide, just above the extractor. It doesn't seem to be affecting the function of the gun, such as it is, but just looking around.

First pic is my gun, second is a different gun.

TS8.jpg OtherCM.png

Looks like somehow the firing pin stop along with the extractor has caused that portion of the slide to break off.
The top picture looks like somebody milled a radius to repair the jagged edge when the same thing happened previously.
Now, the only thing holding the firing pin stop and extractor is the top left side of the slide.

Last Edited:
That's a normal point of break on those slides. It's very fragile in that area...you're not the first with a broken ear at that point.

Appears in the first pic, someone smoothed out the break area and made it look more factory.

The missing bit would be a cosmetic issue (irritating as all get out) and should not be a functional issue. IIWM I'd contact https://www.caspianarms.com and ask if they can tell you the alloy, should be easy to have it welded and recontoured. 90percent certain Caspian was the supplier been ~40 years I could be wrong, WTH memory isn't what it was.
FWIW many times guns that were returned for reliability problems wound up being shooting technique. This gun requires a firm hold. No limp wristing. They were tested with Remington 185 jhp and 230 ball. I've never had problems that I remember with any factory ammo YMMV.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top