JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I have a like new Detonics 9-11-01 1911 .45 ACP. Only 50 rounds through the pipe. This is an awesome piece, the new Detonics is made with parts that are CNC machined, are completely stainless steel, no MIM parts and the metal is made of an improved version of stainless. Forged slide, Caspian frame, very nice fit to finish.

The older Detonics are some of the best pistols ever made, and the new models have parts all CNC machined, and the metal alloys are supposed to be improved. The new oness are made from stainless steel, and are 100% American made parts.

They did a stress test when it was first released. The pistol was drop tested, shot from a cannon 100 yards high and 300 yards long, then fired 31,000 rounds in five days, WITHOUT CLEANING. Afterwards, pistol fired a one-hole group, by two different shooters. One shooter fired 500 rounds in 10 minutes during the test. [plenty loaded mags were available] Detonics is second to none in quality, reliabilty and accuracy.

It listed for $1100 MSRP, will take $795.
Also open to trade for a nice conceal carry 1911, like an STI or Colt New Agent, Defender, Bobtail.....something along those lines.

Last Edited:
:s0112: My Bad ......

"In 2004 New Detonics reappeared as Detonics USA under the guidance of Jerry Ahern. Operations were moved to Pendergrass, Georgia, where the first significant additions to the product line were made with the Street Master, a full size slide on a Combat Master frame and the commemorative, full size 9-11-01.

In November 2007, ownership of Detonics USA and all of its predecessors was purchased by Bruce Siddle and Dr. Steve Stahle. Lt. Col. Dave Grossman (Ret.) bought into the company and became a board member in October 2008. Now known only as Detonics, corporate operations were relocated to Millstadt, IL."

I know thee is a gunmaker that now has theirs made in Japan, just have to remember which one it is ..... :s0155:

Brownings made in Japan

"Japan (Miroku)
Citori, Model 81, Light Weight and Lightning BLR, A-Bolt II, 1885, Auto-5, Recoiless, B-SS, BT-100, BT-99, BL-22 Rifle, Auto-22 Rifle, A-Bolt Shotgun, BPS (all), A-500 G & R, and Gold 10 ga., All single barrel trap guns"

That is funny. Yeah, Detonics has always been American made. They were at their best in 80's when they were made in Seattle and were really cutting edge with the first small 1911's (the Combat Master). And then a couple yars ago when they were making them in Pendergrass Georgia (where mine was made) their quality was on a par even with Dan Wesson. I liked my Detonics 9-11-01 so much i bought two of them! And I will NEVER give up my Detonics Combat Master, my daily carry gun. They don't make them like this anymore. :s0155:

Agreed, I wish I had never sold mine. All I have now are two Detonics Pocket 9's .... 'Course I do have a 'few' other 1911's .... [;)]

Need an NRA Kimber? .... -Grin-

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.