JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With an AR buffer tube and a collapsible stock, is it from the end of barrel sans barrel device with the stock extended fully? Or to the end of the buffer tube.

If you are 1/4 inch off or so because you didn't actually put it together before you had permission, does anyone care or check? I want to build my first SBR. I just want to do it all right and legal.

I believe the length is measured with the stock collapsed and goes to the end of the barrel w/o the flash hider in place. I know that is how the overall length is measured when measurements are taken of a regular rifle or shotgun.

I believe the length is measured with the stock collapsed and goes to the end of the barrel w/o the flash hider in place. I know that is how the overall length is measured when measurements are taken of a regular rifle or shotgun.
Collapsed is only with certain states. Outside of those states, fully extended.

Because they measure stock collapsed for everything, so in those states if your AR is under 26" collapsed you have to SBR it there. A bunch of BS ain't it? Extra stuff to deal with that you shouldn't have to.
That's were I learned they actually measure it fully extended. Another member brought up the Keltec CMR30. It has a collapsible stock. When the stock is fully collapsed it isn't long enough to meet the requirements to be a rifle. Yet extended it is. Yet you can buy it right now if you like.

That's were I learned they actually measure it fully extended. Another member brought up the Keltec CMR30. It has a collapsible stock. When the stock is fully collapsed it isn't long enough to meet the requirements to be a rifle. Yet extended it is. Yet you can buy it right now if you like.
For most states, yes. Otherwise my wasr wouldn't be legal now would it?

But... Some states measure it collapsed. So for those states, if the stock is collapsed and causes the rifle to be under 26", it will be illegal in said states.

For most states, yes. Otherwise my wasr wouldn't be legal now would it?

But... Some states measure it collapsed. So for those states, if the stock is collapsed and causes the rifle to be under 26", it will be illegal in said states.
I'm always learning. Got a list of which states?

With an AR buffer tube and a collapsible stock, is it from the end of barrel sans barrel device with the stock extended fully? Or to the end of the buffer tube.

If you are 1/4 inch off or so because you didn't actually put it together before you had permission, does anyone care or check? I want to build my first SBR. I just want to do it all right and legal.

no one checks...if i recall I think they only care about barrel length and really that's a really loose thing...
if doing a 556 just say 7.5 inch barrel, they can't complain if you end up with a longer 10 inch barrel or something. once you have an sbr lower uppers are infinite...so there is no way to really say what stays on there or what it should be

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top