JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
"female orgasm isn't real"!!!!!! Hahahaha!!!

I know that there are many diehards who refuse to accept the fact that the 45 ACP cartridge is now obsolete. This is especially true of many 1911 pistol fans.

But people need to face today's facts: the 45 ACP cartridge is over 100 years old, and is clearly now obsolete. We have better alternatives that are now available.

I don't know if I would say obsolete, because there are better alternatives to every caliber in realm of handguns.

Just because something is over 100 years old, doesn't mean its no good or "clearly obsolete".

The 9mm Luger was introduced in 1902...............

Anyways, this was a very good video. I like how he still seemed to keep it pretty factual, and also stated multiple times that it was "his opinion", not some authority on handgun calibers.

Good video, and i was hesitant to watch it after reading the OP's original message.

Last Edited:
tumblr_py3k4rpVu61s6lzfwo1_1280.jpg

I usually like Yankee Marshal, and I'm a big fan of the 9mm, but he's nuts in this video. Here are two advantages I can think of off the top of my head:
1) Looking down a .45 cal barrel is kinda intimidating - especially when you know the finger is resting on a single action trigger.
2) .45 ACP is a low pressure round and should be kinder to your ears when you have to shoot it inside. Hearing damage is a depressing thing to put up with.

Maybe these are not huge advantages, but they ARE advantages.

23 pages and 2 years... but what the hell I'm bored, so here's my two zinc coated worthless coins worth...

the .45ACP is old. Yep. The 9x19 is even older. The .38 SW Special is old too. They are all still viable defensive rounds. Hell, the .44-40 is a viable defensive round and its ancient.

If we were only to use "modern" rounds - for auto pistols we'd be talking the .40 Short & Worthless, the 9mm-lots-of-powder (.357Sig), Glock's .45 which is a short case version of the ACP (so I guess it suffers from the same issues the ancient ACP does?) and the 10mm Norma / Auto... none of these do anything remarkably better than the .45ACP or the 9mm Luger, except the 10mm - but then the 10mm is likewise suffering from the same large-frame-itus as the ACP.

Yankee is just trolling in his video anyway - I don't trust anyone who talks a good game about all the midget hookers, but never actually shows any midget hookers in his video. Besides, he carries ancient, out dated revolvers not high speed low drag auto pistols for the most part. :rolleyes:

23 pages and 2 years... but what the hell I'm bored, so here's my two zinc coated worthless coins worth...

the .45ACP is old. Yep. The 9x19 is even older. The .38 SW Special is old too. They are all still viable defensive rounds. Hell, the .44-40 is a viable defensive round and its ancient.

If we were only to use "modern" rounds - for auto pistols we'd be talking the .40 Short & Worthless, the 9mm-lots-of-powder (.357Sig), Glock's .45 which is a short case version of the ACP (so I guess it suffers from the same issues the ancient ACP does?) and the 10mm Norma / Auto... none of these do anything remarkably better than the .45ACP or the 9mm Luger, except the 10mm - but then the 10mm is likewise suffering from the same large-frame-itus as the ACP.

Yankee is just trolling in his video anyway - I don't trust anyone who talks a good game about all the midget hookers, but never actually shows any midget hookers in his video. Besides, he carries ancient, out dated revolvers not high speed low drag auto pistols for the most part. :rolleyes:

The Bowie knife is even older. It is still issued and it still does the job.

If we were only to use "modern" rounds - for auto pistols we'd be talking the .40 Short & Worthless, the 9mm-lots-of-powder (.357Sig), 10 MM.
Where is the "Unlike" button, the very Idea! 40 Strong and Wonderful being bad mouthed.....

The guys in the tanks were probably laughing so hard they could not breath.

Got a friend here who was a cop in Charleston SC and he has been shot with a 9MM and a 45 on different occasions and he said the 45 hurt a hell of a lot more than the 9MM.

Used to work with another guy who was in Korea three days after Inchon and he heard screams like somebody had their balls in a vise and he looks around and this NK is running down off a small rise at him screaming carrying a Type 99 Arisaka with a bayonet on it and he figured he was gonna get stuck.

My friend pulled his 45 and shot him 7 times and he was still coming. Put round 8 in his forehead, that got his attention. He went over and jerked his jacket open and he had 3" group of 7 dead center of chest. My friend was on the USMC pistol team at Quantico when he got sent to Korea and was a E5.

Col Martin Fackler MD was in charge of the Army Wound Ballistics Lab and I heard him lecture back in 80s and he explained it like this.

To make sure a human goes down you have to do one of the following:
1. Put one in the cranial vault.
2. Sever or crush the spinal cord.
Those are the only two things that will put a bubblegum down whether he wants to or not.

Marty had a saying:

Bullets make holes.

Holes leak.

The faster they leak the quicker they die.

Big holes leak twice as fast and small holes.

Two big holes leak twice as fast as one big hole.

By two big holes he meant that the bullet exited the shootee, not that he was shot twice.

He also said very few people survive a solid thoracic cavity hit with a (6.5MM or bigger) round.

He also did tons of testing and determined the 5.56 after 95 yards loses lots of terminal ballistic capability.

His personal carry was a 45. He died like three years ago and I miss his emails. Do a google search for him and you will find lots of good info.

My personal carry is a SP101 3" barrel with 180 gr. 357 Sierras at about 1000 fps. It will mushroom and still have enough energy to exit the body.

A good way to demonstrate projectile terminal effectiveness is get a bunch of 1 gal plastic milk jugs and fill with water. Shoot them at 15 feet and record what happens with various handgun rounds and then move up to center fire rifles and shoot the jugs at 100 yards.

Even better get someone to record the jugs getting hit and with what and put it on youtube.

Last Edited:
The Bowie knife is even older. It is still issued and it still does the job.

I own, like and carry FIXED BLADE knives in various lengths including on my own property not just when I go out away from home.

I have a few larger blade knives too.

They are in a Bowie knife design too!

Here's to the Bowie Knife!

Cate

If i am ever in an all out winner takes all situation i will be greatful for a 1911 on my side or for that fact any firearm. I am hoping i never find myself in such a predicament.

Where is the "Unlike" button, the very Idea! 40 Strong and Wonderful being bad mouthed.....

40 Short and Wimpy is like a lifted truck with 44" tires on it. There's a reason dudes do it, and it's not for performance. :D

I've solved the great debate of calibers:

its akin to measuring something between the legs.
Carlin explains it best!

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews