JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
dztto54441wy.png
Got to use this twice today.
Yankee is the human version of a Gas Station pocket knife, but he's right.
He used to EDC a Chiappa Rhino in .40 S&W so that might hurt his credibility, but he's still right in that video.

Our sneaky OR supermajority just passed a VAT, even tho voter have repeatedly turned it down. The lovely Highness Brownstain signed it into effect.

Wow... at $3/gal I'm not driving much (low income), I can't imagine what $9.20 would do. I'd have to use a bike or public transportation... I know our very own Al Gore wanted gasoline to rise above $7 for this very reason.

BTW, I searched Google Images for a Porsche Munnipit... no joy. LOL
Race fuel is $8 a gallon... So imagine how much guys spend to fill up their sleeper cars. o_O

Can we please bring the conversation back around to "Why the .45 ACP sucks..."

And for those who think that the .45acp cartridge "sucks"...I'll say again take a look at what Sgt. Alvin C. York did with his issue 1911 and plain old 230FMJ .45acp ball ammo...

Could he have done the same with a different pistol and cartridge...yes...
Are there newer pistols and cartridges that would do the same...yes...
That said...
.45acp is still here , after a hundred years , simply because it works...no need to bash it if you don't like , just don't buy or use it then.
Andy

.45acp is still here , after a hundred years , simply because it works...no need to bash it if you don't like , just don't buy or use it then.
Andy

But but but, that's what we do here. Bash stuff. Along with 9mm vs .45, Glock vs 1911, breakin cleaning vs not breakin cleaning, what is the best hunting rifle, what is the best hunting calibre, what is the best scope, etc etc. ;)

We went from $2.79 just a few months ago to $3.26 today. $4/gal is redunkulous!!
To be fair I use high octane, which I regret sometimes.

Honestly I'd shoot more 45 if they were cheaper, I like the caliber a lot and don't mind the recoil at all.

To be fair I use high octane, which I regret sometimes.

Honestly I'd shoot more 45 if they were cheaper, I like the caliber a lot and don't mind the recoil at all.

I'm thankful that I don't need to run high octane!

Yah, I loved my .45... best trigger ever!!! Since my arth made it necessary to switch to 9mm, I have noticed the diff is cost. Half the price for plated bullets vs .45, and cheap factory ammo at Walmart... $8.47/50rdbox. :)

I'm thankful that I don't need to run high octane!

Yah, I loved my .45... best trigger ever!!! Since my arth made it necessary to switch to 9mm, I have noticed the diff is cost. Half the price for plated bullets vs .45, and cheap factory ammo at Walmart... $8.47/50rdbox. :)
Cost was the deciding factor for my choice with 9mm, since I figured I needed more practice than 45 would allow me.

Cost was the deciding factor for my choice with 9mm, since I figured I needed more practice than 45 would allow me.

Yup!

When I shot USPSA Limited division, I used .45ACP double stack. But USPSA eventually evolved as 300rd count matches. That's a high cost for a guy living on SSI!!! IDPA round count here is 100 or less and 2 boxes of 9mm are under $20 + $15 entry fee equals a once a month day of entertainment on a limited income. I compare that to hauling a boat to Brownlee for fishing at $50 for fuel, and $20 for beer, + $30 for lunch, munchies, etc. ;)

I load 45 and I buy 9mm. I dont waste my time loading that stuff.

93 octane is 3 bucks here. My Camaro and my bike burn it. Both of which dont get me to work much

I stocked up on bulk ball ammo (9mm and 45) back when it was really cheap, and I have been pulling from that reserve for years.

My old '02 Tundra drinks regular, my '07 Tundra drinks premium because it's tuned for it. About $3.00 a gallon today. IMG_2002.JPG

But but but, that's what we do here. Bash stuff. Along with 9mm vs .45, Glock vs 1911, breakin cleaning vs not breakin cleaning, what is the best hunting rifle, what is the best hunting calibre, what is the best scope, etc etc. ;)
Yeah but in this case , like all others.. What I say is fact...what others say is opinion....:eek::p:D
Andy

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews