JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Absolutely pointless. Opinion driven by ego and carefully selected points. Next week's data will show the opposite. Whatever any cartridge was capable of doing, it is still is capable of doing. With improvements in bullet design and propellants, all vintage cartridges are even more capable. Does anyone argue that the .30-30 is obsolete as a deer cartridge and should be abandoned in favor of the 6.5 Creedmore? Nonsense! Deer have not changed and the cartridge has gotten only better. Humans have not changed and cartridges have only gotten better.

This is Ford vs. Chevy rehashed. Heat but no light.

Isn't this the same fella that carries and touts .357 revolvers.. that are about pretty well trumped by the 9mm, round for round?
The .357 125gr with a 2-3" barrel generally makes surprisingly low numbers and the 9 makes surprisingly high ones (115's at about 1550 out of a 4").. Underwood Gold Dots.
He's had to move away from the .357 because of arthritis in his hands.

I'm so over the "my gun/caliber/knife/politics/beer/diaper/etc is better than yours" attitudes that prevail online and especially on social media. Being online means you seldom have to deal with face-to-face encounters and the resulting consequences of your words, so civility is lost and the more controversial your words, the better. Nothing good will come of this.

I didn't bother watching the video because I use what I use, I like what I like, and if it's not what you use… well, so what?

Gawd! I'm cranky! The good news is, it's Friday! I might cure my crankiness this weekend via expenditure of (.45 ACP) ammunition into paper and a sand pile. The only question is… whose face is going on the paper?

Whens the detailed explanations from people who've been shot by any caliber and lived to tell the tale relevant to decide which caliber you should pack?

We can also safely assume mortality shots via caliber as function too or even historical wars.

Just sayin I personally wouldn't want to get hit even by calibers people consider a joke for CC'ing. Dunno bout you but metal objects flying at fast speeds entering your body don't seem to be topic worth nit picking over tbh.

I know that there are many diehards who refuse to accept the fact that the 45 ACP cartridge is now obsolete. This is especially true of many 1911 pistol fans.

But people need to face today's facts: the 45 ACP cartridge is over 100 years old, and is clearly now obsolete. We have better alternatives that are now available.

This video below does a good job of explaining many of the reason why you should not choose the 45 ACP as the cartridge for your pistol:

Wow! I must have missed the memo. On what date did the .45ACP stop penetrating clothing and bodies? Too bad all those casualties from the previous 100 years didn't know that all they had to do was wait for the .45ACP to become obsolete and they'd be unharmed. It's really too bad that all those 1911's out there are now paperweights.

Wow! I must have missed the memo. On what date did the .45ACP stop penetrating clothing and bodies? Too bad all those casualties from the previous 100 years didn't know that all they had to do was wait for the .45ACP to become obsolete and they'd be unharmed. It's really too bad that all those 1911's out there are now paperweights.

I think its funny that people see 9mm as the latest and greatest when its actually OLDER than 45 ACP. Its cyclical. 9mm is cheap/low recoil/capacity (bean counter talk) and then something bad happens demonstrating its deficiencies and we find some other cartridge thats bigger and more powerful to kill bad guys. When the bad guys are dead, we go back to bean counter talk and then good guys die again, then we need .4+ size bullets again...

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads