JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I have not found any proof of it not happening ...
But then it was a bit before my time in the Army. :)
Andy
Only claim I found was the japs said no pilots on there side were downed that day. More than likely faulse. My thing is hes falling out of the sky with all that drag it would have to be a lucky shot. But I wasnt there so I dont really know

I think he later clarifies that the 45 ACP isn't a bad round, but it isn't the best round at anything in particular. Thus why would someone choose it for self-defense? I can see the logic in the argument.

People that believe the 45 has some magically increased knock down power are likely referring to the Thompson-La Garde tests (though they might not know it) which compared some really bubblegumty rounds to 45 Colt(not ACP) in 1904. If we could get PETA to look the other way on some good ole' cow shooting with modern handgun cartridges, the same conclusions probably wouldn't be drawn that .45 caliber is needed.

YET we're starting to get into territory where people react emotionally about their caliber choice. It kind of parallels the anti-gunners.

So what I'm trying to say is PEOPLE THAT LIKE 45 ACP ARE ANTI-GUNNERS *flame war started*

Now to start a YouTube channel to make all that sweet money... oh wait :(

Next week @PlayboyPenguin will buy a new pistol in 45acp and make a video stating the opposite, He's a fickle fickle man......lol

I have noticed this too. His "favorite" pistol only seems to just last for a few months, before he then switches to a new one. For awhile he was into Glocks. At another time, he was crazy for SIG pistols. He had a love affair with the Beretta PX4 Storm for awhile, as well as another affair with the SIG P320. Mixed in with this, he professed his admiration of the Rhino revolver, and how it was the ultimate carry gun.

I believe that right now he is currently back to carrying a 357 revolver. Now whether it is one of his Rhinos, or one of his many S&W's , I honestly do not know.

He could perhaps be the most fickle handgun owner in the world. No wonder his pistol collection is so huge.

He has nearly a quarter million subscribers to his YouTube channel. So people do appear to be taking what he says seriously.

A person would not bother to subscribe to a channel, if they thought that the author was a buffoon, and did not know what he was taking about. He has 17 TIMES more YouTube subscribers than the legendary Jerry Miculek. So he must be doing something right, to be so extremely popular.

Here in one of his latest videos, he talks about how he keeps coming back to the 357 Magnum:

Last Edited:
I have noticed this too. His "favorite" pistol only seems to just last for a few months, before he then switches to a new one. For awhile he was into Glocks. At another time, he was crazy for SIG pistols. He had a love affair with the Beretta PX4 Storm for awhile, as well as another affair with the SIG P320. Mixed in with this, he professed his admiration of the Rhino revolver, and how it was the ultimate carry gun.

I believe that right now he is currently back to carrying a 357 revolver. Now whether it is one of his Rhinos, or one of his many S&W's , I honestly do not know.

He could perhaps be the most fickle handgun owner in the world. No wonder his pistol collection is so huge.

He has nearly a quarter million subscribers to his YouTube channel. So people do appear to be taking what he says seriously.

A person would not bother to subscribe to a channel, if they thought that the author was a buffoon, and did not know what he was taking about. He has 17 TIMES more YouTube subscribers than the legendary Jerry Miculek. So he must be doing something right, to be so extremely popular.

Here in one of his latest videos, he talks about how he keeps coming back to the 357 Magnum:

I couldnt have said it better and remeber fellers ITS JUST HIS OPINION!

Next month he is going to come out with a video that tells us how the 10mm auto is better than everything else...
:eek:

:s0013:
Ha ha he already came out with a video why 10 millimeter isn't a good carry gun LOL but you know he's just going to come back later and say it's good no offense Playboy penguin

The guys a nut job. I could only make it through half. So a larger heavier bullet is less effective ? As a long time hunter I call BS. The .45 was one of the only rounds tested on cadavers and shock values or energy transfer was great with the .45 acp. I shoot 9s as well but bashing the .45 is just wrong.

The easiest example I could give is small game hunting . I switched from .177 to .22 caliber and the increase in size and weight make a big difference for dropping small critters. I have seen it first hand. Living things are not gel blocks.

While shot placement is the most important , a larger size and mass bullet usually will transfer more energy. The guys an idiot.

Ummmmm...mass x VELOCITY determines which has more, not just mass a lone there Mr. Physics...:rolleyes:

I'm voting for whatever caliber is quietest. I've got my hearing to think about.
One loud boom with .45 acp, or, a couple of sharp cracks with 9mm.

Ummmmm...mass x VELOCITY determines which has more, not just mass a lone there Mr. Physics...:rolleyes:

Larger diameter transfers more energy quicker. I get e=mc squared and using the constant for foot pounds. I use it with my Chrony to find ft lbs. But it doesn't mean smaller and higher velocity is always best for the intended game.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads