JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
People have liked 45 cal since black powder revolvers were introduced (probably earlier, better refer to @AndyinEverson on that one). It's an eternal infatuation!
9mm was only an advancement in powder technology that allowed the 30 Mauser / 30 Luger case to be shrunk down allowing for more capacity. People like to have a lot of zippy rounds, always will!

Smaller cartridges were mostly the result of rich men wanting something they could stick in a pocket. I believe a lot of early derringers were 32 cal, so it likely had that familiar flavor as the world turned from black powder, to black powder cases, to smokeless cased ammo ... and they held on for those reasons.

Savage introduced a pistol with a 10 round mag in 32acp, designated the M1907, a hundred years later it's the Sig P365 with a standard 10 round magazine in 9mm NATO... and they're about the same size!
Granted, they'll all kill people...

The worm will turn, man!

Forget the 9mm / 10mm debate.

Isn't anyone into the 11.25mm? Now that's a manly round . . . .

11-25mm.jpg

I didn't read all 18 pages so I'm sure someone above has already said this. It seems to me that in a typical armed assailant encounter:

1. The most important factor is whether you have a gun with you or not.
2. The second most important factor is can you confidently, quickly, and accurately put rounds on the target.
3. Everything else is secondary to those two factors. The person who has their gun with them and can confidently deploy and shoot it quickly and accurately (whether it be 9mm, 45 ACP, .40, 10mm, etc.) is going to be in a better position to come out alive than someone who either doesn't have their gun or who can't quickly and accurately shoot it (i.e. untrained or unpracticed), no matter what the caliber.

Last Edited:
Was actually just thinking about the Sarge when I ran across the SOG Kiku I bought after he showed one off at a gathering. Sorely missed.

Geez, I would bet that the 45 acp would do just right in a pinch when defending one's self against a bad guy or home intruder; but if you had a 9 mm sub compact with 8 rounds, so what is the difference? 1911 with 8 or 9 mm with 8. Any preferences?

Geez, I would bet that the 45 acp would do just right in a pinch when defending one's self against a bad guy or home intruder; but if you had a 9 mm sub compact with 8 rounds, so what is the difference? 1911 with 8 or 9 mm with 8. Any preferences?
I'd take an 8 shot Hi-Power to keep it more apples apples.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top