JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
So since the OP hasn't been seen since 16 OCT. 2018...
Does that meant that this thread "sucks" or is obsolete...?

Please note that I am not bashing the OP or the thread that was started by the OP...
I am however pointing out the absurdity of a argument that has as its basis , a statement of :
If it is old is must be obsolete and sucks.
Andy
I mean, to an extent its correct on the first part, but wrong on the latter. Obsolete in what regard is the question. Obsolete as being a gun? No. Being military issue? Yes, but that's like all things as far as issue stuff goes, some things just replace it as they get better.

But the old guns and ammo can still be used and are still effective at what they do. But I don't think that was the argument presented...

Then Carter came along and the great gas shortage.

1970s.... Carter was the best!!! Leisure suits, gas lines, and impotent response to embassy takeover. LOL

Sometimes I am shocked at how many I own now

I haven't been able to rebuild since I had to sell out to pay the divorce lawyers. Now that I have fixed income, I guess it will always be so. No mo biz opportunities either... sigh.

It's not like you shoot the 50 cal every day or drive the muscle car every day. 93 octanes 3 bucks a gallon here and windshield washer fluid ( for the water methanol injection ) is a buck a gallon. As fast as having an original numbers matching blah blah blah whatever screw that. Build a plane Jane to smoke the best of what modern muscle has to offer. Modern cars will bury classic stock muscle cars.

Numbers matching cars COST more money and you have to baby them so you dont ruin your investment. When I hear guys gripe about how the hate themselves for selling that Muscle car they had when they were twenty and in the same sentence say they want an original car so they'll have better resale value I just think they need to make up their freaking mind. Build what you want and drive it like you stole it. I look at every dime I spend on guns and cars as being gone for good. Then I enjoy what I have more.

Kinda like complaining that you 10k 50 cal costs a few bucks a shot. The fuel is the cheap part.

I don't have a muscle car. I have a nine-year old Ford Mini-van and a seventeen-year-old Porsche Munnipit. Fuel for the Ford is diesel, which is $8.92 a gallon. The old Porsche uses regular except once every hundred miles I fill it up with the good stuff - that's $9.20 a gallon. Local Ford dealership charges $120/hour labour, and the local Porsche place charges $172/hour - all plus 20% VAT.

Both are cars get used - daughter is a wheelchair user, and her daughter and friends fill up the seven seats...the Munnipit is my getting anywhere car, and it gets used whenever I don't get the mini-van.

Numbers matching cars COST more money and you have to baby them so you dont ruin your investment. When I hear guys gripe about how the hate themselves for selling that Muscle car they had when they were twenty and in the same sentence say they want an original car so they'll have better resale value I just think they need to make up their freaking mind. Build what you want and drive it like you stole it. I look at every dime I spend on guns and cars as being gone for good. Then I enjoy what I have more.

I see value and appreciate numbers matching cars and customs. While a numbers matching car is not my thing all the time I see how how people are drawn to them and would own one if it was the correct car. I currently am working on a 66 Nova hardtop with a supercharged (2.7 magnuson) and full pro touring suspension (aftermarket front clip, torque arm rear) with large wildwood brakes. If I was looking for a 67 vette I would prefer a numbers matching BB 4 speed car. YMMV;)

I like how the guy pretty much describes his fan base while trying to insult people who don't agree with him...

I don't even care if he has a good point, the way he explains it makes me cringe.
Of course I feel the same way about anyone preaching their own "holier than thou" opinion, even if I agree with it.

Our sneaky OR supermajority just passed a VAT, even tho voter have repeatedly turned it down. The lovely Highness Brownstain signed it into effect.

Wow... at $3/gal I'm not driving much (low income), I can't imagine what $9.20 would do. I'd have to use a bike or public transportation... I know our very own Al Gore wanted gasoline to rise above $7 for this very reason.

BTW, I searched Google Images for a Porsche Munnipit... no joy. LOL

Last Edited:
Our sneaky OR supermajority just passed a VAT, even tho voter have repeatedly turned it down. The lovely Highness Brownstain signed it into effect.

Wow... at $3/gal I'm not driving much (low income), I can't imagine what $9.20 would do. I'd have to use a bike or public transportation... I know our very own Al Gore wanted gasoline to rise above $7 for this very reason.

BTW, I searched Google Images for a Porsche Munnipit... no joy. LOL
It's closer to $4 a gallon over here...

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads