JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
It's not that it robs you of power. Out the back is MUCH more tolerable inside the cabin. It can be done by any half decent shop or do like I did and buy pre bent pieces and weld it up yourself.

I don't even have a garage, much less welding equipment but I'm not far from South Carolina...

Soooo, is this a muscle car thread or a muscle cartridge thread? I know some of us get bored, but geez!! I love thread drift, but we are so far out to sea now...

I read an article once that was trying to explain why Americans loved theirs guns so much and her conclusion was that it was because the cars we really wanted had become too expensive so our beanie babies of choice were guns. It kind of made sense in an odd way.

I read an article once that was trying to explain why Americans loved theirs guns so much and her conclusion was that it was because the cars we really wanted had become too expensive so our beanie babies of choice were guns. It kind of made sense in an odd way.
I sold a cherry '68 GTO when I was on hard times and have regretted it ever since. Sure, I get a little thrill when I buy and shoot an older pristine pistol, but it's not the same. Good point.

I sold my Sunbeam Tiger, then bought a '67 Firebird convertible, then sold it when I got married. Damn adulthood anyway. Now I buy toys (firearms) and my current wife bubblegumes. Missing my Tiger and Firebird, I tell her to go pound it. Damn marriage anyway.

I found that it's easier to move around the country with a gun collection, than it is with a car collection. Once I settle down again, I will add to my car collection. And yes, the prices being asked for what I once owned have rocketed - replacing this one that I sold in '86 would require a winning lotto ticket.

1971.jpg

The 9X19mm Parabellum is over a 100 years old as well.

9×19mm Parabellum - Wikipedia

In fact it's actually an older round than the .45 ACP.

.45_ACP

.45 ACP, 9mm, .38 special, .380 auto.... etc... all pistol rounds work OKAY. If we're talking about having an effective round that'll stop a threat MUCH more quickly then we're going to have to talk about rifle rounds.
.45acp is "old". So are the 9mmP, ..38spec, .380acp. Newer rounds would be the soviet 9X18 at @65 y.o. and the .357mag which is over 80y.o. What keeps some of these rounds alive is the major improvements and refinements to both pistols and ammunition.. I am not undergunned with a 9mmP if I can chose the loadings.. .45acp- even the 230 gr fmj will do the "trick"- and the newer uber-ammo- your various:eek: "dots", "silvertips" "sabers", "talons" and "flying ashtrays" etc etc up the ante quite a bit.. but a 230gr solid will always be at least .45, and sometimes they do expand as large as .50 in my experience. The .45 isnt for everyone but it is hardly outmoded. My glock21 says it ain't! ;)

I found that it's easier to move around the country with a gun collection, than it is with a car collection. Once I settle down again, I will add to my car collection. And yes, the prices being asked for what I once owned have rocketed - replacing this one that I sold in '86 would require a winning lotto ticket.

View attachment 578437

When I was a teen I dreamed of having a Shelby Mustang . Often say if i ever hit the lotto I would have to buy one. Of course it would have to be a big enough win that I could laugh off losing a couple hundred K. Would be fun though :)

When I was a teen I dreamed of having a Shelby Mustang . Often say if i ever hit the lotto I would have to buy one. Of course it would have to be a big enough win that I could laugh off losing a couple hundred K. Would be fun though :)

For me it was a Shelby Cobra. My reality of what I could afford was a VW for getting to work (Pomona to L.A.), and something like a Triumph or an MGB for fun. I had a lil MG, then found a Shelby produced Sunbeam Tiger with the 260V8. I wanted a Tiger II with the 283... maybe upgrade to a Boss 302 but such was not to be. Funny thing was... the 260 was plenty fast at top speed, I had it up to 150mph before it started floating across the lanes. But the car was geared long and not at all fast off the mark. In fact, I had to slip the clutch to get it moving in first gear... but then I could get on the freeway in first gear going 70mph before shifting into 3rd or 4th. Fun car.

Never did get to have a serious muscle car. The Firebird was fun... a 326? with a 3sp on the floor. But it wasn't a SS or a Hemicuda or anything. I did drive Corvette Sting Rays for delivery as a HS senior... 327 mostly, once in awhile a 427... they were pretty raw. :D

I have a Fiat (aka Fix It Again Tony) 124 Spyder sitting under a tarp in my back yard. I keep thinking when I get the money that I'll restore it. It's that 'get the money' part that keeps tripping me up.

9mm barns 115 grain TAC-XPD +P average depth 13.4" average expansion from .355 to.700

40 S&W rem 180 GS average depth 13.8" average expansion from .400 to .820

45 win 230 ranger t ser +p average depth 14.5" average expansion from .451 to .990

you make the call you make the shot, me i like the idea of shooting center mass
and having a bullet just under a half inch expanding to almost an inch.

all sourced from
https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/sel...ic-tests/#40SW

9mm barns 115 grain TAC-XPD +P average depth 13.4" average expansion from .355 to.700

40 S&W rem 180 GS average depth 13.8" average expansion from .400 to .820

45 win 230 ranger t ser +p average depth 14.5" average expansion from .451 to .990

you make the call you make the shot, me i like the idea of shooting center mass
and having a bullet just under a half inch expanding to almost an inch.

all sourced from
https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/sel...ic-tests/#40SW
That sounds like the people who put the AMMo in my two Shields for my little test (Okay that was me and I misspelled Ammo on purpose) But it is Apples and Oranges to compare incomparable ammo. It needs to be all Ranger or all Barnes TAC-XPD +P across all three calibers to give the tests a comparable result.

That sounds like the people who put the AMMo in my two Shields for my little test (Okay that was me and I misspelled Ammo on purpose) But it is Apples and Oranges to compare incomparable ammo. It needs to be all Ranger or all Barnes TAC-XPD +P across all three calibers to give the tests a comparable result.

in all fairness I took the bullets that had the most expansion regardless of brand,
in other words I took the best bullet or the bullet with the most expansion for each caliber, in fact cherry picking
the best for each caliber.
if you want same "brand" it will be worse (since it was updated)

Winchester 147 ranger t series from .355 to .750 expanded .345
Winchester 180 ranger t series from .400 to .700 expanded .300
Winchester 230 ranger t series from .451 to 1.00 expanded .549

9mm expanded more then the 40 S&W and 45 still beat them both at 1 full inch

but yea grapes to oranges, you take the shot center mass
1 full inch

I once upon a time drove a muscle car. It was fun, but not firing a .50 beowulf fun. I am just not a car guy. I am a gun guy. And a guitar guy.

For me it was a Shelby Cobra. My reality of what I could afford was a VW for getting to work (Pomona to L.A.), and something like a Triumph or an MGB for fun. I had a lil MG, then found a Shelby produced Sunbeam Tiger with the 260V8. I wanted a Tiger II with the 283... maybe upgrade to a Boss 302 but such was not to be. Funny thing was... the 260 was plenty fast at top speed, I had it up to 150mph before it started floating across the lanes. But the car was geared long and not at all fast off the mark. In fact, I had to slip the clutch to get it moving in first gear... but then I could get on the freeway in first gear going 70mph before shifting into 3rd or 4th. Fun car.

Never did get to have a serious muscle car. The Firebird was fun... a 326? with a 3sp on the floor. But it wasn't a SS or a Hemicuda or anything. I did drive Corvette Sting Rays for delivery as a HS senior... 327 mostly, once in awhile a 427... they were pretty raw. :D

When young a couple people had 60's Shelby's, just something about them to me. Of course I had no way of coming up with a few K to buy one. Laugh when I think what one would be now. Back then the muscle cars were all over. Only problem was a few friends who had one could not afford to drive them much. All of their disposable income was tied up in the car to the point they could not afford gas. Then Carter came along and the great gas shortage. Suddenly those cars got real cheap :) Ahh those were the days :D:D:D:D

I once upon a time drove a muscle car. It was fun, but not firing a .50 beowulf fun. I am just not a car guy. I am a gun guy. And a guitar guy.

While I have had a love affair with guns since a child I never had close to the number of them I do now. Always used to keep just a few. Sell something to buy something else. One upside if you could call it that to these stupid new laws. Now not worth selling. Sometimes I am shocked at how many I own now :eek::eek:

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads