JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm not sure if this is the correct location for this post, but it seems like a good fit. I just got done detail stripping my Officer's 1911. That was easier than I thought it would be thanks to You Tube. It started out as a mainspring replacement. When I slid out the mainspring housing, I noticed how much crud was built up under the grip safety. So I said, what the heck and stripped her all the way down. I must admit, there is a certain feeling of satisfaction knowing my gun is completely clean now and that I can disassemble the whole thing myself.:s0155:

I guess I just felt like bragging a little bit, but also to encourage anyone else who might have been on the fence about detail stripping their own 1911. If I can do it, so can you.

Just recently did the same thing. Gun was NIB, but I like to know what the insides look like before I allow a gun to put a controlled explosion in my hands.

Besides realizing (after I had stripped it fully down and installed it, of course) the Ed Brown Hammer that came with the gun was for a commander, and not a 80 series, it was a blast. My wife disagrees. Apparently, the sound of a slide racking and what I call, "satisfaction laughter" at 2am is not a pleasant way to wake up.

I'm seriously considering taking a 1911 armory course. I guess there's a pretty damn decent one down in Summersville, CA. How California can know anything about guns considering how hard it is to own and carry one down there, is beyond me.

I read the thread title "Detail stripped my Series 80 1911 for the first time " and my first thought was something went wrong. Glad it worked out. I have used youtube on many things too.
Mike

If anyone wants to learn about the 1911 platform, my shop is always open...no charge.

Been wrenchin' on them for over 20 years, and can go thru what to look for as to wear, and avoid potential problems that may arise.

Be well y'all

If anyone wants to learn about the 1911 platform, my shop is always open...no charge.

Been wrenchin' on them for over 20 years, and can go thru what to look for as to wear, and avoid potential problems that may arise.

Be well y'all

Steve is not kidding... He did a very nice trigger job on my Springer Lightweight Loaded. (<:}-

He even lets you look over his shoulder and ask questions.

Be well y'all

I might take you up on that some day. What part of Washington are you in?

Me too. Are you in Vancouver? Maybe 2-3 of us someday. A year ago I didn't even know how to basic disassemble a Glock. Now when I take something apart and figure out how to put it back together the best word is: relief. It is nice to have two of the same gun so if you really screw up you can look at the other one.

About YouTube Videos - they are great, BUT the one thing that drives me nuts is when they get to a critical part they'll make it all fuzzy and blaze past it ASAP.

You're in luck, I happen to be a Glock armorer as well.

I am up the gorge across from Hood River in Washington. Come as a group and after the armorer portion we can all go out and do some shooting.

Just give me some notice and I'll take it from there.

Sounds like a decent road trip. I just got my Utah permit too, so I can now conceal carry in Washington. :woot: I could arrange to be free on almost any Saturday. What's your schedule like Noisycow?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top